Macross Zero 3 HK DVD

bandit29

I recieved my Macross Zero 3 HK DVD today. Overall not bad. The video is good(and anamorphic like the R2), The subs are decent. Not as good as Infusions. Some wrong names and missed Macross jargon. Timing is good. No extras.

Edgar's name is called Falker and Prof Hasford is called Najimka or something like that.

post-2-1072567970_thumb.jpg

Are there any good fansubs to download yet?

:o:o:o:blink:

Of course.

You obviously missed the whole Infusion fansub troll battle. Many lives were lost. On the trolls' side.

Here's a page with an active bittorrent link. It's AonE's.

Edited by Anubis

Ugh, HK DVD's. puke2.gif

I bought some and the subs are horrible. The video transfer is also weak, but you won't notice it unless you've got an HDTV. Also, while it's advertised as Dolby Digital, it's really Dolby Digital 2.0, which sucks donkey nads.

Thanks goodness one of our members here put together a sweet DVD with excellent video and subs. And, Dolby Digital 5.1 to boot. B))

Thanks goodness one of our members here put together a sweet DVD with excellent video and subs. And, Dolby Digital 5.1 to boot. B))

Don't suppose anyone wants to share who that member is and where one could get the DVD? :) Um...for research purposes for those of us stuck with dial-up and unable to dl the fan-subs... ;)

The subs on the HK boot are understandable, but you do miss out on understanding a lot of the backstory compared with the near perfect subtitles on the downloadable fansubs.

The funniest thing I found on the HK boot, is when DD says in English "Reactive Armor" after shooting Focker and the subs say something like "he's got a new device" or something like that.

Graham

The subs on the HK boot are understandable, but you do miss out on understanding a lot of the backstory compared with the near perfect subtitles on the downloadable fansubs.

The funniest thing I found on the HK boot, is when DD says in English "Reactive Armor" after shooting Focker and the subs say something like "he's got a new device" or something like that.

Graham

I reccomend you pick up the Orugss TV set. Seeing the robots of Mu called "timmy" in the subtitles is worth the price alone :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks goodness one of our members here put together a sweet DVD with excellent video and subs.  And, Dolby Digital 5.1 to boot.  B))

Don't suppose anyone wants to share who that member is and where one could get the DVD? :) Um...for research purposes for those of us stuck with dial-up and unable to dl the fan-subs... ;)

This is my very first post to the forum (hello!) and I'm mainly interested in a good fansub of the available episodes of Macross Zero on DVD. I don't have a high speed internet connection so I can't download anything. And I also learned my lesson buying HK anime bootlegs (my first impression of Naruto is now completely ruined). So I'm really interested in whoever here is burning the Macross Zero episodes on to DVD using good fansubs. Thanks for any help.