I haven`t collected since High School but my favorite titles that got me hooked were Punisher, Punisher War Journal and GI JOE. I got out because of the appaling standards of art and reliance on enhanced covers, lower page counts and shitty writing around the late `90s. How is it now? Higher quality overall?

I got into manga for a long time after that because of the high page counts and consistant art and story. If I liked issue one I`d like the final issue. I learned basic Japanese and got a good dictionary and read through the Japanese editions of Video Girl Ai and I`s.

The original Marvel GI Joe run was soooo good tho. Larry Hama was a genius. I know he did Wolverine for a while. What does he do these days? Writing anything good?

Edited by MilSpex

Hama is currently doing a Stormshadow mini. Apparently he's with G.I.Joe right now but on leave or something like that. Also, G.I.Joe just started their big event WW3. Looked interesting. I don't follow the G.I.Joe comic books but I was tempted to get the issue because the cover was the entire Joe team standing of the steps of the Capitol I think. Pretty much every character (including William "Fridgerator" Perry :D ). WW3 Cover

• 1 month later...

Just picked up all six of the 6" figures of the first wave of the Legendary Comic Heroes line. Each one comes with a different part to build this 10" Pitt figure.

Witchblade has the upper body, Madman has the crotch/torso and the Timmy Bracken figure, Ripclaw has the right arm, Superpatriot has the left arm, Judge Dredd has the right leg, and Savage Dragon has the left leg.

Not a bad figure, but it is rather top heavy and the hip joints may not be strong enough for some poses. Each individual finger is posable so, well you can probably figure out what gesture is going to be displayed the most...

post-1828-1187587558_thumb.jpg

Nice, nice, how's the Judge Dredd figure and Savage Dragon, those are the only two I'm really interested in. Any accessories or anything? Also, I'm pissed because i just found out the Absolute Edition of Watchmen is OOP and I'm not paying a $50 markup for it ($75 coverprice, $125 on Amazon/Ebay). It is truly a nice tome, any fan of Watchmen should pick it up because of how nicely they've cleaned up everything compared to the regular paperback.

They're both pretty decent figures. Dragon has the better features since his fingers are also individually posable, but Dredd has the accessories with the two guns and a knife (no extras with Dragon). Madman comes with a gun (or a hair dryer, can't tell), Witchblade and Ripclaw have nothing (Ripclaw's fingers/blades are also individually posable), and SP has his huge arm gun but it's already attached so it doesn't count as an accessory. Not a bad set aside from Withcblade looking like ass (not nearly as good as the book art).

Anybody reading the second chapter of Marvel's Annihilation? The first one was released in relative obscurity behind the insanely over-hyped Civil War and was quite good. The new chapter has the Phalanx basically Borg-ifying the galaxy...

since the last time this thread died what have I been reading that's new..

Got back into Hellblazer which is surprising since I hated Andy Diggle's writing on his series The Losers but he captures JC spot on.

DMZ - cool vision of near futuristic american civil war.

Just got vol 11 of 100 bullets yesterday. Starting to lose interest slightly.

Looking forward to Alan Moore's next chapter of League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen due in late October, moving the timeframe to the 1950's.

I picked up the hardcover of the Ultimate Galactus trilogy the other day, and I must say, it's one of the best modern books I've read in a long time, especially coming from Marvel. It works perfectly on its own, has fantastic art (Im a big fan of good detailed pencil work) and an engaging retelling of Galactus that really clicks in the Ultimate vein.

I've got the Ministry of Space hardcover sitting on my shelf, which I intend to read next... any fans?

Just picked up the first wave of Legendary Comic Book Heroes myself and I'm really happy that ToyBiz/Marvel Toys is making these. Personally I think these are far more interesting than the current Hasbro Marvel Legends figures. Pitt is far and away my favorite figure, and not only because he's my favorite character out of the group. He's damn huge, about the size of the Marvel Legends 12" Hulk, and really nicely detailed. I like that a lot of the joints are ratcheted because that will help keep him from collapsing under his own weight. I made a stupid mistake while assembling him that I can't fix. I snapped the torso onto the waist piece before I noticed there was a bundle of chains that is supposed to go around his waist. That piece is packed in a different part of the bubble than the rest of the pieces so I didn't even see it there. It's fine though, he still looks amazing.

I really, really, really, really hope with magic pixie dust on top that they are able to make a figure of the Maxx before this line dies (which I'm certain it will and fairly soon). He seems like a natural choice and even though the old McFarlane figure is nice he could be done so much better. I suppose the only thing standing in the way is Sam Keith whom I've heard is reluctant to give out the license, but I heard that years ago and things change. And since I'm wishing I'd also like to see a Mr. Gone and a 2-pack with Julie and Sarah.

The Maxx figure would be a cool one to have, especially with a bunch of Isz.

The only thing that I'm not happy about with the Pitt figure is that his hips won't support the weight of the upper body in some poses, and the silver paint on his rubberized chains rubs off on his chest. He's still awesome and I can live with it.

Not a bad set aside from Withcblade looking like ass (not nearly as good as the book art).

That was the figure i was interested in and saw it at Target the other day. The body isn't terrible but the head sculpt is awful (absolutely no justice to the book art), reminds me of the Psylocke figure from ML.

The Maxx figure would be a cool one to have, especially with a bunch of Isz.

The only thing that I'm not happy about with the Pitt figure is that his hips won't support the weight of the upper body in some poses, and the silver paint on his rubberized chains rubs off on his chest. He's still awesome and I can live with it.

I've heard that complaint from others, too. Mine seems to be fine but I just got it and haven't tried more than a few poses yet. I'm just happy he doesn't suffer from loose-ankle syndrome which is my biggest peeve with heavy figures that have lots of articulation.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently reading the Sinestro Corps arc in the Green Lantern books. I like it. The guardians remind me a lot of the jedi council from star wars, divided in their decisions, and sometimes holding back to do the "right" thing, when holding back really aids in letting the problem prolong.

Other books I am reading are Storm Shadow(written by Larry Hama!), Satsuma Gishiden(still on book 1, the inkwork is AMAZING, I highly recommend this manga, the story is great too), Wolverine, Batman(I am currently reading the Morrison/Kubert issues), Moon Knight, Gi Joe:America's Elite(the WW3 arc is a great starting point, the writer is very good as is the art), and I picked up Furman and Su's Transformers:Infiltration.

Storm Shadow has great writing, if you guys read the old marvel joe comics, there is a lot of throwbacks to you guys in the new book. I really wish Steffano Casselli was doing the artwork in the book however. Mark Robinson's sequences can be visually hard to follow at times, he does break the 180 rule, and while some say he is going for a sketchy look, it could be done in a much more refined way. The colors are sloppy too. I'm not sure what it is with some of these recent colorists, but some of them color sloppily if the pencils/inks are sketchy. Sloppy enough to see obvious mistakes made with blatant disregard to what they were coloring. Its very irritating. Sean Murphy would have been preferrable(the cover artist), Mike Zeck, or even Larry Hama himself, who is underrated when it comes to drawing. The hip Bruce Lee look does not work well for Storm Shadow. Of the recent artists who have drawn Storm Shadow in comics, Steffano Casselli is the best. Its too bad Marvel had him working on the "Initiative" comic, where it seems like the editors are making him hold back. The Storm Shadow book would have been a ton better if he had been on it. The best aspect of the Storm Shadow book is that Larry Hama is writing it, and any of you that bought it most likely bought it solely because he was writing it.

I did finish up Uncanny X-Men:The Rise and Fall of the Shi'Ar Empire, and it was great. Its Havok leading a team composed of his X-men and the Starjammers, against D'Ken and Vulcan, who is the 3rd Summers brother. Very good read.

I picked up part 1 of "One More Day" in the Spiderman books. Basically, Aunt May is dying after a hit from the Kingpin where she gets hit instead of Peter. She basically has, one more day. Prior to this, Peter snuck into a prison and beat down the Kingpin in front of all the criminals and held back from killing him. Its rumored that Aunt May will die, and that Pete and MJ will divorce. Joe Quesada thinks that Peter was better off young and not tied down by marriage, basically the way Spiderman was for years. To me, I prefer not ruining the status quo, as we already have Ultimate Spiderman, and wasn't the point of the Ultimate universe to appeal to a broader crowd and not bog them down with years of continuity? Why ruin years of progress to send a character backwards? To me, Spiderman dealt with a lot more when he married MJ because he had to deal with securing his family and so much more threats, its more exciting that way to see how he handles it. It shows his depth and growth of his character, as he becomes more responsible. By the way the rumors are going, maybe he will have less to be responsible for as this story goes on.

Jim Starlin is going to write an 8 part mini series titled "The Death of the New Gods". I hope it does justice to the characters Jack Kirby creates. I hope Orion does not die, and I hope to see a huge intergalactic brawl with him and Darkseid. Orion rules.

Really, is that the direction they are taking mainline Spider-Man. God, comics just can't ever change huh? I agree with you Shin, I recently jumped into Spider-Man because he went black but jumped off again after he confronted Kingpin and did not kill him. A man takes a shot at you and instead shoots one of the most important person in your life, critically wounding her, and you go to all this trouble to not kill him. I know these are superhero books and things don't ever change, but I'll complain about it all the same.

Sinestro War is pretty awesome, I'm loving it for the most part. My only problem is I feel like Kyle Rayner got turned pretty easily. I was expecting him to unleash as Ion and tear up a pretty good number of the Sinestro Corps. Also, with Superboy Prime on their side, how's the Green Lantern Corps going to win? The ENTIRE Corps couldn't stop him at the end of Infinite Crisis, so what about now with the Sinestro Corps picking off GLs left and right.

Currently my number 1 book is Fables and Jack of Fables. The whole fairy tale characters living in our modern world got me hooked and now that is looks like the war between the Fables in Exile and the Adversary is heating up. I recommend Fables to anyone who likes good writing.

I am currently reading the Sinestro Corps arc in the Green Lantern books. I like it. The guardians remind me a lot of the jedi council from star wars, divided in their decisions, and sometimes holding back to do the "right" thing, when holding back really aids in letting the problem prolong.

I did finish up Uncanny X-Men:The Rise and Fall of the Shi'Ar Empire, and it was great. Its Havok leading a team composed of his X-men and the Starjammers, against D'Ken and Vulcan, who is the 3rd Summers brother. Very good read.

I picked up part 1 of "One More Day" in the Spiderman books. Basically, Aunt May is dying after a hit from the Kingpin where she gets hit instead of Peter. She basically has, one more day. Prior to this, Peter snuck into a prison and beat down the Kingpin in front of all the criminals and held back from killing him. Its rumored that Aunt May will die, and that Pete and MJ will divorce. Joe Quesada thinks that Peter was better off young and not tied down by marriage, basically the way Spiderman was for years. To me, I prefer not ruining the status quo, as we already have Ultimate Spiderman, and wasn't the point of the Ultimate universe to appeal to a broader crowd and not bog them down with years of continuity? Why ruin years of progress to send a character backwards? To me, Spiderman dealt with a lot more when he married MJ because he had to deal with securing his family and so much more threats, its more exciting that way to see how he handles it. It shows his depth and growth of his character, as he becomes more responsible. By the way the rumors are going, maybe he will have less to be responsible for as this story goes on.

Jim Starlin is going to write an 8 part mini series titled "The Death of the New Gods". I hope it does justice to the characters Jack Kirby creates. I hope Orion does not die, and I hope to see a huge intergalactic brawl with him and Darkseid. Orion rules.

The Sinestro corps and the Green Lantern relaunch are currently one of my favorite stories right now. It has been a nonstop roller coaster so far. You should also check out JSA, All star Superman and Checkmate. I think these are DC's best books.

I didn't care for the Shiar Storyline in Uncanny. It was way too long with way too little happening. Vulcan (which I hate) had too much book time and the X-men had no real exposition. What made it even worse was that the end of the story had no resolution what so ever. Very poor writing in my opinion. The X-books are currently in major upheaval. Some books will be cancelled and their promises to be new creative teams. I think the X-books have largely been lackluster since Quesada took over as editor. It really didn't help with writers that had no business mucking up the X-verse with the poor writing(House of M) He wanted the Avengers to be Marvels flagship title.

The Sinestro corps and the Green Lantern relaunch are currently one of my favorite stories right now. It has been a nonstop roller coaster so far. You should also check out JSA, All star Superman and Checkmate. I think these are DC's best books.

I didn't care for the Shiar Storyline in Uncanny. It was way too long with way too little happening. Vulcan (which I hate) had too much book time and the X-men had no real exposition. What made it even worse was that the end of the story had no resolution what so ever. Very poor writing in my opinion. The X-books are currently in major upheaval. Some books will be cancelled and their promises to be new creative teams. I think the X-books have largely been lackluster since Quesada took over as editor. It really didn't help with writers that had no business mucking up the X-verse with the poor writing(House of M) He wanted the Avengers to be Marvels flagship title.

I think of all the X books, Astonishing X-Men is the best one, it has a consistent roster, and is not that hard to catch up with. I wasn't a big fan of House of M either, the whole mysterious white flash that changes everything was way too simple of a plot device yet made the biggest changes.

I have the JSA 2 parter with Wildcat, I thought it was great. I did sit through and read All Star Superman once at a bookstore, I liked it as well.

I think of all the X books, Astonishing X-Men is the best one, it has a consistent roster, and is not that hard to catch up with. I wasn't a big fan of House of M either, the whole mysterious white flash that changes everything was way too simple of a plot device yet made the biggest changes.

I have the JSA 2 parter with Wildcat, I thought it was great. I did sit through and read All Star Superman once at a bookstore, I liked it as well.

Warren Ellis and Simon Bianchi are slated to take over Astonishing. My big problem with Astonishing is that its continuity sucks bigtime. You have no idea what timeline the stories take place in relation to the other X-books. I guess the real culprits behind this are the editors and Whedon(slow writer) and Cassaday(very slow penciler). I think the best X-book is X-factor. Peter David is one of the only writers around who can take 3rd rate characters and make them interesting.

World War Hulk has also been very good. I just wish that Romita wasn't the artist on the book.

Manga that I read are Inuyasha scanlations , Bleach, Battle Vixens, and Battle Club.

I gave up on X-Men, or any of the X books. They've pretty much sucked since Age of Apocalypse.

I was really digging the Avengers, especially Disassembled. But I quit when Civil War hit, since I didn't feel like jerking around with all the other books.

I was also kinda digging Thunderbolts, but I don't care what anyone else says, they've gone downhill since Civil War.

The new Ghost Rider series has been pretty good, but its tie-in to World War Hulk was pretty lame.

I haven't missed an issue yet of Ultimate Spider-Man, and I decided to try the regular 616 Spider-Man books again (I used to read a lot of Spidey, but quit after the whole Clone saga), which basically meant all the Back In Black stuff. Most of the books have been generic Spider-Man stories, but I've actually really enjoyed Amazing. Smilely424, he didn't kill the Kingpin because he felt that killing him then wouldn't be enough suffering for him. He wanted the Kingpin to know that he could kill him, and that he eventually would so that once the Kingpin got out of prison, he'd be constantly looking over his shoulder.

I tried reading some of the Wildstorm relaunch books, but they all sucked. Selling Wildstorm to D.C. was the end of it, for me. WildC.A.Ts, which never really recovered from the goofy direction Alan Moore took it in, just got progressively worse and worse. And sadly, WildCats #1 was the only relaunch book that did catch my interest, but while D.C. and Wildstorm have been cranking out Gen13 after Gen13, I've yet to see a WildCats #2.

But probably my favorite comic books going around right now are the Transformers stuff from IDW. I've read it all. The movie stuff was just so-so, and Hearts of Steel was kind of boring, but the Spotlights have been great, and they've been integrating nicely with the main ongoing miniseries.

All Star Superman is how Marvel should be doing the Ultimate line; keep the basics the same but then let the writer do whatever. That book turned me on to Grant Morrison and now having read some of his other work (The Filth, WE3, Uncanny X-Men) the man has a very creative mind. I also love what Miller is doing on All Star Batman. He's possibly crazy, hurts criminals for kicks, and doesn't mind criminals dying while he tries to save the innocent. I feel like the Ultimate line doesn't take as much risks, changes in the characters as the All-Star line does. Don't get me wrong, the Ultimate line is pretty good for the most part (I read Ultimates) but I just like All Star much, much better.

I forgot about ThunderBolts. I love that title. I just got into it and it has been awesome. I love Deodato's artwork nad Warren Ellis is Warren Ellis. The man knows how to write.

If you like Morrison read Seven Soldiers, and Animal Man. I would also recommend 52. Morrison is probably the most creative writer in the industry today.

The only reason I even look at All Star Batman is for Lee's artwork because beyond that it has been unreadable. It took what 5 issues for Batman and Dick Grayson to get out of the Batmobile. Lets not mention how chronically late this title is either. DC better put an end to this trend quickly or they will continue to lose readers. It's like the 90's all over again.

Edited by Golden Arms

I like World War Hulk a lot. Morrison's current run on Batman(the issues with Andy Kubert) are great! Hey what is the 616? I keep hearing about that in discussions about the xbooks.

Ultimates written by Millar was awesome, however I am very worried about the direction Jeph Loeb is going to take it in. I like some of Loeb's work, like Daredevil:Yellow, but it does not seem like he will be able to keep the level of seriousness in the Ultimate books that Millar was able to do. Loeb said that there were a lot of things that happened in the Ultimate universe that should not have happened. From the interviews I have read, it seems like he is either trying to drastically alter the storyline, or kill it off. I know Hitch and Millar are working on an upcoming Fantastic 4 project, but I hope Ultimates has Millar at least as a supervising editor. Joe Maduereira will be taking over one of the Ultimate volumes, and while I don't mind his work, his work is better suited to Ultimate X-Men than it is to Ultimates. Jae Lee or Alex Maleev would be more well suited towards the Ultimates.

BTW I keep hearing about how great Jeph Loeb is due to Batman:Hush. Was it really all that great? Some people talk to me about it as if its the next coming.

My main issue with the Transformers books are the colors. If it does not work in greyscale/b/w, it will not work in color. Color jobs are looking less refined, and with splotches at times. Some of the texture work is distracting too. I had criticism for Ej Su's inking a year back, but he has gotten a lot better, and at this point, he is the best sequential artist working on the Transformers books.

BTW All Star Batman was delayed not because of Frank Miller, but because of Jim Lee. He was behind on his pencil work. Same reason Wildcats is delayed.

I've also been following Moon Knight, its basically a personal storyline of him building himself up from the lowest point in his life. Man does that guy have a ton of baggage!

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

yeah, the WildCATS relaunch has been shelved for now because Jim Lee couldn't meet deadlines. He's why All-Star Batman just recently got back on track after a year. Also, I understood Spidey's rationale in the JMS arc, but he made a big deal about the Black Suit and how he needed to be rougher, tougher, and meaner than before so the ending was a bit anti-climatic to me.

I like World War Hulk a lot. Morrison's current run on Batman(the issues with Andy Kubert) are great! Hey what is the 616? I keep hearing about that in discussions about the xbooks.

616 simply refers to Marvels line of comics that take place in their normal universe. Marvels designates each universe with a unique number. The ultimate books and New universal are said to take place in another universe or parallel universe to the 616. Designating universes is important especially for titles like the X-men and exiles where you have characters from alternate realities andthe existence of a Multiverse. Captain Britain is a good example of a character where this concept is especially important because each universe is said to be protected by a different Captain Britain.

Correct, unlike DC who went to one universe after Crisis on Infinite Earths back the 52 Universes in 52, Marvel has kept their universes unlimited as far as I know. I did read 52, which I thought was pretty well done. Geoff Johns is another great writer and I try to follow the books he's on. Loved him on Teen Titans, love him on Green Lantern, he's doing good work on JSA, and I wait for his issues with Richard Donner on Action Comics (waiting for the panel with the infamous phrase "Kal-El, son of Jor-El, KNEEL before Zod!"). Haven't checked out the new Booster Gold series, but I hear it's good. Granted All-Star Batman is moving at a slow pace, but I like the universe Miller is setting up though.

For the most part I like Jeph Loebs work. Hush was very well done, I wouldn't call it the second coming or anything, but I think it's a must read for Batman fans. I have the Absolute edition, which really shows off Jim Lee's artwork and it can be had at $50 retail. I wasn't too impressed with Loeb's run on Wolverine, Bianchi's art made it worthwhile to me though. I trust him to do good with a big title like Ultimates though. Excited for Ellis and Bianchi taking over Astonishing X-Men. Bianchi is fast becoming one of my favorite artists. His work is always a joy to look at and he's on time with his work. World War Hulk has been good though I also don't like Romita Jr's work as well. I just have the feeling that the ending will be as anti-climatic as Civil War and House of M were. Hulk needs to kill at least one of the Illuminati or I'll be dissapointed.

If you liked 52 I think you will like Booster Gold. I bought both Issues, but I haven't read #2 yet. I share the same opinion on Geoff Johns. I think he is currently turning out some of his best work.

The brave and the Bold has also been another good DC title. Great story, great artwork.

Kurt Busiek's run on Superman has been a pleasant suprise as well. I like his take on the character, and Pacheco's artwork has been real good.

Loebs Wolverine will be easily forgettable. The Wolvie Sabretooth arch was a mess. Luckily it has all the elements to be easily retconned. I wish marvel would get over the Kill a well known character stick. Its getting old real fast.

I still need to read Hush. I've tracked down and bought most of the issues but I still need to find a few and read them all.

Simone Bianchi was the main reason I bought the Loeb Wolverine arc. Bianchi incorporates a lot of design elements with his wonderful ink toned illustrations, and I like that a lot. I was not a big fan of the storyline initially, it took 3-4 issues to get me excited. The artwork was great I have no complaints for that, but it took the story a long time to heat up. I'm not a fan of how in the related books, the simple "all things lead back to Romulus" is taking such precedent as the one clue that will solve it all.

The best Wolverine writers were Larry Hama, Erik Larsen(yes his run was short, but it did the deed so to speak), and a few others. I was a fan of Daniel Way's Origins, until Wolverine's son Daken was introduced, as, the son who hates him and was convinced to fight him. That was a way too predictable aspect of the storyline. Currently, Way is filling in the blanks of Wolvy's past with Cap America.

I need to catch up on the new Brave and the Bold. I meant to initially solely because Perez was drawing it. I just got done reading Crisis on Infinite Earths, and it was a mistake for me to try reading it in one sitting. It took me 4 days! Drawing that must have been a monumental task for Perez. I just started reading Infinite Crisis, and I read Identity Crisis last year and loved it. I hope Infinite Crisis turns is good, the artwork looks great. I'm dissapointed that Alexander Luthor may turn out to be a villain, but I'll find out once I finish reading it.

I've now completed reading Transformers:Infiltration and rereading Escalation. GREAT reads. However I prefer the digest sized manga versions, since they are smaller, cheaper, and since I've got issues with the colors, I like the grayscale version better. I hope a manga version of Escalation comes out soon. Most importantly, the arcs are better as reads when you have all the issues, not having to wait for the next issue to come out. I heard the same thing for Frank Miller's work, which is why there are fans who say All Star Batman and Robin might be better once its done and everything is available in a trade paperback.

Furman did an excellent job on the TF books. I like how they tie into Spotlight and how he wrote those too. Not being tied down to the huge marvel continuity helped IMMENSELY. Its funny that Thundercracker and Skywarp are more afraid of Starscream than Megatron. I wonder if Ironhide is dead? I hope not. He didn't get to kick as much ass yet! I'm dissapointed that someone has yet to kick Prowl's ass. Ratchet is now one of my favorite characters. I wonder if Nova Prime is actually alive. Prime sensed his presence when he was in temporary limbo during the fight with Megatron. Su's illustrations depicting Prime fighting Megatron are easily the best we have seen in recent years. I've grown to like Su's illustrations and designs more, and would love it if Hasbro designed toys based off of his designs for their Universe/Classics 2.0 line. I'm sure none of us here would mind seeing his Seekers as $20 Voyager class figures. Just reverse the wings in robot mode. I wonder if Starscream will come back. Megatron is awesome in these books. One of the best things about these books is that there is a consistent cast/roster that isn't too big. It reminds me of Astonishing X men. After reading these books, I hope IDW gets Furman and Su to make a Ratchet Spotlight issue. That would be great.

I have a feeling the Autobots will be devastated in the next arc. The Reapers are following Six Shot to earth, the Machination may now have Sunstreaker, and who knows who might follow. BTW, Runabout and Runamuck are great Decepticon versions of Tomax and Xamot. They look awesome in Su's panels too.

Tomorrow World War Hulk 4 comes out and I hope Dr. Strange is damaged severely and doesn't pull out some mystic concoction that somehow holds Hulk at bay. This whole miniseries has had vengeful well deserved retribution and I hope it does not lighten up.

BTW did anyone pick up the recent issue of Moon Knight from last week? The way he "took care" of Mid-Nite was AWESOME! Also did anyone pick up the Death of Superman animated DVD?

I'm such a slow person to catch on to Indie books, but I just read the Ministry of Space paperback, and it really paint a fantastic and believable world in which only a few key variables differ, leaving it as less of a 'what-if' fantastically history to more of a modified-factual-based historical fiction. Really amazing art and storytelling that left me craving more...

• 10 months later...