New 1/60 VF-1J GPB

Roy's Blues

It fits all 1/60 except:   VT, VE and VF-1D.

Please quote the reference you got this information from.

(Sorry, in a rush but am interested to know where you got the news from.)

The quote was from wholesale Japanses distributor

Why would you want to know where I got the info from?????

I cut and pasted the info on my last post.

Edited by CID

The quote was from wholesale Japanses distributor

Why would you want to know where I got the info from?????

I cut and pasted the info on my last post.

Because this is the first semi-official confirmation that the 1D, Ostrich and Elintseeker won't be able to take the GBP. All previous talk has been speculation and photo-interpretation.

It's also a very good indicator that the GBP Pectoral armour will be held in place via the cockpit connectors, which means we have to be careful to prevent the connecting piece breaking.

Does anyone have info on the new GPB armor?

Does the armor fit on all 1/60 valks or only on the fast pack ready ones?

You can order it at Bigbadtoystore.com. It is available as a set of VF-1J+armor (99.99), or as the armor solo(46.99)

Yike! $50 for the armor? And that is for the 1/60 version. Hate to see how much it is for the 1/48 version. :o

You can order it at Bigbadtoystore.com. It is available as a set of VF-1J+armor (99.99), or as the armor solo(46.99)

Yike! $50 for the armor? And that is for the 1/60 version. Hate to see how much it is for the 1/48 version. :o

Well... duh. :p

GBP armor covers quite a bit of valk.

And considering that the FAST packs for the 1/48 run about $60-$70... I'd expect the GBP 1/48 armor to be no less than $100+... but it will be worth it.

And considering that the FAST packs for the 1/48 run about $60-$70... I'd expect the GBP 1/48 armor to be no less than $100+... but it will be worth it.

You guys talk like it's already been announced :D

You guys talk like it's already been announced :D

It is inevitable. And that is good.

But, for the record, there has been no announcement about 1/48 scale GBP. So listen up good, newbs.

Zentrandude - it hasn't been released yet, so no one really knows about the mobility.

My guess is that it will definitely still attain cooler poses than the Chunky Monkey, but all that armor is definitely going to be restrictive.

It fits all 1/60 except:  VT, VE and VF-1D.

Please quote the reference you got this information from.

(Sorry, in a rush but am interested to know where you got the news from.)

You don't need a reference for that

the vf1 Hikaru, Max and Cannonfodder are not FP-capable, therefore slim chance the armor will fit those

VE VT and 1D have a different canopy and chest

Rumour has it there are some CF's that are fp-capable, but.....

You don't need a reference for that

the vf1 Hikaru, Max and Cannonfodder are not FP-capable, therefore slim chance the armor will fit those

VE VT and 1D have a different canopy and chest

Rumour has it there are some CF's that are fp-capable, but.....

We do need a reference. We only have a few pics and practically no information on compatibility. It's not possible to state anything without a proper reference.

As for whether the GBP needs FP-compatible valks, here's one thing that's not an issue:

gbp.jpg

From this thread

Of course we do not know whether the legs need the holes or not, and this might have been just a prototype. Nothing is known for sure now.

VE, VT and 1D had a different cockpit but it's not outside the realm of engineering to make it possible -- just a little more expensive (at most swapping of parts to accomodate).

EDIT: As for the CF, it had the leg holes (though one side need widening -- not a big issue) and the arms slots, and is only lacking the FP backpack.

If the picture above represent the actual GBP armour, then the probability that the CF can use the GBP is very good.

Edited by Lynx7725

I am so pysched they are selling it without the Valks as well as with....I wanted a couple, and now, with that pricing I can get them...way to go Yamato!

That's what I'm talking about!

well i'm surprised to see yamato offered it with and w/o the 1J. :o

but..........

$50 is kind of steep for just the GBP, considering the 1/48 FP's cost less and its twice the size, with more playability. :angry:

whatever the case may be, i'll be buying it at some point or another. :)

Can't help wondering why Yamato didn't plan far enough ahead when drafting the 1/60 series. Everytime I lay eyes on those slip-on shoulder packs, they just look like clumsy after-thoughts for a design that didn't cater for the GBP-1 in the first place... :-/

Still, it's nice to see it being offered separately. I'll have to see if the real goods are worth the asking price.

Still, it's nice to see it being offered separately. I'll have to see if the real goods are worth the asking price.

O_o

Positive thinking from Dri? Must buy 4D AND Toto already. Darn -- one day too late.

Definitely should see if the final production goods are (a ) applicable to your Valks and (b ) of sufficient quality to be worth the money.

It'll be interesting to see how the floppy 1/60 design reacts to the armor.

Probably floppier. I don't expect to play with it much 'cept for upright poses.

Edited by Lynx7725

Positive thinking from Dri? Must buy 4D AND Toto already. Darn -- one day too late.

Yamato is like that - their Macross stuff always has the potential to be best of class, but the actual product always leaves something to be desired. Look at the effort (and materials) Takara put into the MP-1 Convoy! All that for less than a 1/48 that required at least one round of 'improvements'... and you still can't be sure everything's A-OK out of the box for 200+ SGD. Don't shoot me for being a Yamato-cynic; give me a problem-free Macross toy that's worth the price and I'd love them more like I used to. :-P

Is the 1J gonna be comparable to the latest 1/60's. i.e. Collapsable gunpod and different arms. How bout a SDF style pilot?

Also, is there any speculation as to how it will be packaged. I'd like to see it packaged in battroid mode like the original M+ valks.

:o Ooohh... Finally a GBP armored valk to add to my collection without having to pay out the wazoo for.

Actually I will pay out the wazoo for it, I plan on getting the valk/armor set and 2 sets of the armor :(:):D

Now , just waiting on the 1/48 version...

HLJ's 1/60 Armor Parts Page has a little blurb now that says

These can be used with any of their 1/60 scale VF-1 Valkyries. That means the uniquely-shaped VF-1D, VF-T and VE-1 are not compatible.

Looks like it was pretty hastily written.

Answers that question I guess, only question now is do I put the armor on my Hikaru 1/60 or on my CF.

Edited by Anubis