2013 'Vintage' Yamato prices

Kinzoku VF

Hey veryone,

I've bee trying hard to get my best mate who lives in Tokyo to move off his backside and check out the current value for the Yamato toys. But he is not motivated to say the least.

I just have a feeling that on Rip-Off-Bay, the prices are being inflated way more than usual.

I mean there is no way that a 'used' standard (not Ltd ed etc) 1/48 costs $300.00 (I'm referring to the 1/48 as they really are my favourite scale).
Just to stop people getting totally ripped-off, it would be great to have a list of Macross stuff with their 'REAL' values.
Maybe there is already one out there. But Evil-Bay to me is not a reference. So when I see people wanting $400 or more for some 2nd hand Valks. Something is not right.
These are not vintage toys...not yet anyways.

I'm aware there is a fair amount of demand, so yes, prices are not at rock bottom, but the majority of Yamatos are not rare.Not yet.

There are for the most part easy to find, so why the stupid prices??

A few years back, you could get some as low as 50% of their retail prices. Yes Yamato closed up shop, people panicked etc...But now we know that Arcadia is going to continue producing them what's the deal?

Example..a Yamato display stands..I mean..it's just a stand right? Why the $392.99 price tag (just one example off E-B...).I mean come one..is this some kind of joke?
There is no way that they sell for more than $80.00 in used Japanese shops.

You know, shops like Hard Off, Hobby Off etc.

Anyway rambling too much and getting annoyed.Essentially, I thought having a price guide would be useful. Just need the REAL average prices. Not the LA-LA Land ones.... :angry:

Asking prices on eBay, whether for Yamato valks or anything else, are never a good indication of true market value. Better to search on sold listings, especially auction-style listings. Those tend to be more close to reality than the ridiculous Buy It Now or Best Offer prices. You can also check the For Sale forum here on MW. Some listings are a bit much, but most forum members tend to offer much more reasonable prices than eBay. Mandarake is also another good source for getting a sense of reasonable prices. They have a few 1/48s that are going for ~11,000 to 13,000 yen.

It also depends on the mindset of the fandom.

Circa early 2013 was it, with the news of yamato going under, prices on things usually on sale soared sky high.

Everybody and their mothers was waiting for the VF17D to go on sale like the 17S. Very few people bought the VF19A upfront, everybody waited for sales.

Suddenly a rumour started that the company might be bankrupt...wheeee 35.000 yen VF17D, 27.000 yen VF19A, 20.000+ VF1.

And people still bought them.

Check the Macross Collectibles Market Watch thread in this section, completed Yahoo Japan auctions or Mandarake like everyone here has said.

Those are more decent real current prices that people are more willing to pay for. Different valks catch different prices too.

It also depends on the mindset of the fandom.

Circa early 2013 was it, with the news of yamato going under, prices on things usually on sale soared sky high.

Everybody and their mothers was waiting for the VF17D to go on sale like the 17S. Very few people bought the VF19A upfront, everybody waited for sales.

Suddenly a rumour started that the company might be bankrupt...wheeee 35.000 yen VF17D, 27.000 yen VF19A, 20.000+ VF1.

And people still bought them.

So thats why the VF-19F is more expensive than the VF-19S or people just doesn't like yellow on blue?

That's a tricky question...some feedback I got from around here is that the 19S is the *one* S model that people don't like.

And of course, what I said above. Around the time the F came out, after frequent sales, most fans thought it will go on a 50 percent sale soonish and they'd buy multiples. When the news of yamato broke out...everybody went MENTAL.

I was just up in Japan and the Mandarake in Akihabara and the one in Nakano Broadway and the price of 1/48 Yamatos is pretty high. Check my post in the following link

You can see a 1/48 VF1J for about $310. Sorry about the other pictures, you can't make out the price on the other 1/48s, but they were each at least over $200 for sure.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40095&p=1089986

I was just up in Japan and the Mandarake in Akihabara and the one in Nakano Broadway and the price of 1/48 Yamatos is pretty high. Check my post in the following link

You can see a 1/48 VF1J for about $310. Sorry about the other pictures, you can't make out the price on the other 1/48s, but they were each at least over $200 for sure.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40095&p=1089986

They might have been weathered editions. The online shops list weathered editions for about that much.

• 4 weeks later...

Aaaah Man, $300 for a Valk...say it ain't so. I have a planned trip to Tokyo and was going to stop by Mandarake but if their prices are comparable to EBay then I might just pass and check out the tourist sites instead.

Kinzoku VF is correct, the prices you see on EBay are disheartening to say the least. Especially for a newbie like me.

Oki

Yeah things seem to be rising a bit, but don't go to ebay unless its somebody selling a personal collection.

I understand they have to add in shipping costs and fees, but it's usually 200 bucks more than market.

Yahoo japan is the best place, or buy direct from japanese re-sellers.

Everything has been really low recently with even rare valks having a low value. $150-250