Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

are those the stands for the 1/60 line?

i was going to ask the same question, the box has the 1/48 pictured but looking at the back of the box it says 1/60 as well. i read some reviews and they said it's also for the 1/60.

Guest davidwhangchoi

do they have any decent range of display adjustability? im just weighing up some new display options and not sure what to get..

that stand box is sealed. i haven't had a chance to open it but maybe anubis20 can chime in. i just wanted to get one since every valk box comes with stand adapters that i couldn't use. i thought to give it a try since it was 5,000yen plus shipping (about 6500yen shipped slow poke sal)

even at 5000yen its still as much as 3 flightpose stands.. I think I have reached my limit with them and want to try something else.. The Yeti stand is looking like the best option so far. Although its going to be a little more pricey in order to get what I want for how many Valks I want to display on them.

that stand box is sealed. i haven't had a chance to open it but maybe anubis20 can chime in. i just wanted to get one since every valk box comes with stand adapters that i couldn't use. i thought to give it a try since it was 5,000yen plus shipping (about 6500yen shipped slow poke sal)

Oh hey that's a great deal! I only ever see them up for sale at around 7k jpy...

Oh man i wish i was anywhere near as good as you Saburo.

I was working from home on Friday when this arrived. Had to wait for a break to have a play, then it spent the afternoon trying to distract me.

post-30426-0-82557000-1430651161_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-79798100-1430651216_thumb.jpg

Finally had a chance to process the photos for my last purchase.

Dinobots!

RAWRRR-some shots, man! I don't remember the tiny ones though? I want a set now too!!!

I was working from home on Friday when this arrived. Had to wait for a break to have a play, then it spent the afternoon trying to distract me.

Hahaha, that 'come hither' pose cracks me up!

Thanks Garfinkel. Just keep taking photos, you'll get there. I took many photos learning to shoot, many of them bad and I just kept trying to improve.

RAWRRR-some shots, man! I don't remember the tiny ones though? I want a set now too!!!

Hahaha, that 'come hither' pose cracks me up!

These are 3rd party Dinobots, so the little guys are target masters so they transform into melee weapons and are an homage to the original Diaclone figures. I would recommend them they are awesome.

These are 3rd party Dinobots, so the little guys are target masters so they transform into melee weapons and are an homage to the original Diaclone figures. I would recommend them they are awesome.

cool, thanks man! any recommended suppliers? =)

do they have any decent range of display adjustability? im just weighing up some new display options and not sure what to get..

They do have a good range, but as time goes on depending on usage, the ratchets seem to weaken and it wont hold the pose at some angles. For the current market price of these, and limited usage (one valk per stand) i'd say go with a yeti stand. I got a bunch of my launch arm stands from Macrossman a few years ago.

Edited by anubis20

even at 5000yen its still as much as 3 flightpose stands.. I think I have reached my limit with them and want to try something else.. The Yeti stand is looking like the best option so far. Although its going to be a little more pricey in order to get what I want for how many Valks I want to display on them.

After leaving a melt spot in my 25S bare plastic, I wouldnt even dare to use the Flightpose stand.

The yamato Launch arm stand is good for the price, it might seem pricy but it works for Yamato product. The base has a good metal content on it, so if you pose something like it is hanging a bit, the stand wont topple to the sides. I got two used from YJA, one has a better grip to hold a certain pose but yeah, as anubis pointed above, the rachet joint will get weaker as you play on it (I havent tried tightening the screw yet though.

I havent use Yeti stand since shipping cost is limiting me (I am on the other side of the world) but I would say it is the best stand out there for Macross (and non-macross) toys.

cool, thanks man! any recommended suppliers? =)

I've ordered from BBTS and TFSource however they both declare full value of the items (as they should do) so if you ship them to Canada you probably have to pay customs fees.

I have heard good things about Toy Dojo and The Chosen Prime but never ordered from them personally.

I heard Ages 3 and Up is a Canadian retailer so that might be an idea but I've heard mixed results about them (and never ordered from them personally) They also don't have the Sludge so you might get him from a different store.

If you search for them look for:

FansProject Lost Exo Realm LER-03 Volar (Swoop), LER-02 Cubrar (Slag) and LER-01 Columpio.

Be aware that there are convention exclusive versions for LER-01 and 02. They don't have transformable weapons but instead come with a small Diaclone driver that has magnetic feet. The easiest difference to spot is LER-02 because the convention exclusive has a blue chest. LER-01 has gold chrome instead of a metallic plastic on the head.

Be also aware that the little weapon dudes can break their weapons because the holes in their firsts don't go through all the way creating a vacuum that sucks the handle in. If you try to rotate the handle to free the piece it can twist right off.

There are a few videos if you're into spoiling all the fun up front (like me). ^_^

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh hey that's a great deal! I only ever see them up for sale at around 7k jpy...

Thanks!

I've ordered from BBTS and TFSource however they both declare full value of the items (as they should do) so if you ship them to Canada you probably have to pay customs fees.

I have heard good things about Toy Dojo and The Chosen Prime but never ordered from them personally.

I heard Ages 3 and Up is a Canadian retailer so that might be an idea but I've heard mixed results about them (and never ordered from them personally) They also don't have the Sludge so you might get him from a different store.

If you search for them look for:

FansProject Lost Exo Realm LER-03 Volar (Swoop), LER-02 Cubrar (Slag) and LER-01 Columpio.

Be aware that there are convention exclusive versions for LER-01 and 02. They don't have transformable weapons but instead come with a small Diaclone driver that has magnetic feet. The easiest difference to spot is LER-02 because the convention exclusive has a blue chest. LER-01 has gold chrome instead of a metallic plastic on the head.

Be also aware that the little weapon dudes can break their weapons because the holes in their firsts don't go through all the way creating a vacuum that sucks the handle in. If you try to rotate the handle to free the piece it can twist right off.

There are a few videos if you're into spoiling all the fun in front (like me). ^_^

Wow! thanks for the info! That's gold right there, especially the version differences and vacuum-breakage vulnerability! I'll do some more research on it! =)

New recruits! :)

Congrats, man! I've been trying to snag a fan racer for over a year! My most recent attempt was from Mechwarrior's for sale thread