hasegawa VF-0S delayed...

newca

I've recently bought a set of ground equipment from hlj. It is a beauty. It comes with wires and cables to reproduce the hoses and cables of the real thing, some groudn crew figures, decals for the instruments and even a tool drawer that can be made opened with the tiny tools inside!! An for only 500yens!!

what's that about? any details?

It's from the classical Hsegawa accesories series. Here is a link to the one I bought recently (it is not specifically Macross related but it is great for dioramas):

HLJ: ground equipment set

Now is on backorder but they still have the loading set (ideal for dioramas showing an aircraft -Valkyrie!!! - being loaded with bombs and missiles.

They also have accesories in 1/48 ideal for a 1/48 Yammie.

post-3-1075226399_thumb.jpg

You've got all of them but one :)

It's the one big difference between the production kit and the mock-up we've seen up until now.

And yes, it does come with both a pilot and FAST packs (as seen in the first picture) :D

Ohhh! newca found it... the gun pod!!!!

About ordenance: The hase kits are really good. I have all of them in 1/72 except the pilots and van. Good thing is that as the Macross weapons set the missiles and bombs sets come in pairs.

I've recently bought a set of ground equipment from hlj. It is a beauty. It comes with wires and cables to reproduce the hoses and cables of the real thing, some groudn crew figures, decals for the instruments and even a tool drawer that can be made opened with the tiny tools inside!! An for only 500yens!!

The gunpod was already mentioned, so, no :p

I'm surprised no one else noticed it. Look at the air intakes. They're completely solid. Also, the wing roots on the fuselage are solid, such that the wings can't pivot.

So it looks to me like it's some sort of mock-up, most likely CNC machined, with less detail than the final kit would have.

Also notice that the antenna-lookin' thing sticking out of the nose is more detailed on the final kit.

post-3-1075233828_thumb.jpg

difference between the fake one and the real one

there are pilot, FP and GunPod on the real one, as Hasegawa told us before. we should get some missiles also.

other changes:

1. the nose antenna is shorter

2. no intaker cover, of coz there will be turbo fans we can see. also the wings are swinging

3. wing lights are clear parts

4. the number on right wing are printed on the black strip not white background, but it's not very clear here

post-3-1075258552_thumb.jpg

Well, HLJ finally got em in... and they're backordered already!

And it looks like I'm not getting mine :angry:

Yeah, what the crap? I pre-ordered as soon as they listed it.

(EDIT): Here's a possibility: (theory)

They took the pre-orders and ordered a bunch of VF-0s. The pre-orders came in, they looked at their stock relative to the number of pre-orders, and declared them "Backordered" (since anyone buying one now would have to wait). But while the pre-orders are accounted for, they're not all processed - those of us who pre-ordered may get shipping notices in the near future (after the weekend, at least), but in the mean time we don't have a real way of knowing what will happen. Make sense?

As long as it makes some kind of sense and offers the hope that I'll get my VF-0 soon... :lol:

Edited by tetsujin

Heh, those went fast, I preordered mine a few days ago along with the low-vis VF. I haven't received notification that I won't get one.

Oops, just checked my order status on HLJ, looks like I won't be getting either of them soon. Oh well, eventually they'll get them back in, it's not like I was going to build them right away, just another box to add to the pile :lol: .

Edited by Grayson72

FYI, the VF-0 is now in stock at Hobby Search (www.1999.co.jp) and Rainbow Ten (www.rainbowten.co.jp). I've dealt with both of them in the past, and they're both reliable companies. So have at em :)

I just canceled my HLJ order and ordered one from Rainbow Ten. With EMS shipping, of couse. I'm sooo anxious to get that thing :D

I wont cancel my order (too lazy and used to HLJ since 1997) but I've just send them an email expressing how pissed I'm. I preordered this months ago and the only thing they can say is "February restock". OK: February is around the corner but I'm still angry...all this means I won't receive my VF-0 until march (you know the HLJ orders processing, shipping and so)

Well, I'm not going to build this one anytime soon but I really love to have my models and just see how well or bad are design... and it's friday afternoon here and I'm tired and want to complain :(

I wont cancel my order (too lazy and used to HLJ since 1997) but I've just send them an email expressing how pissed I'm. I preordered this months ago and the only thing they can say is "February restock". OK: February is around the corner but I'm still angry...all this means I won't receive my VF-0 until march (you know the HLJ orders processing, shipping and so)

Before anybody gets too pissed off... I just got a shipping notice from HLJ. I was one of the ones initially disappointed by the "backordered" and "Feb Restock" messages on the inventory list - but it appears that the messages did not indicate that current preorders would be delayed, but only that any new orders would have to wait.

Looks like Hasegawa may have underestimated the demand for the VF-0S.

Yesterday, I visited a couple of model shops near where I live and was told that although the kit had definitely been released in Japan already, Hong Kong wouldn't be getting any until at least mid-February. This is unusual, as we usually get stuff from Japan within a day or two of it's realease.

Graham

I ordered it back in November and I just received notice for payment and shipping. I ordered 2 of them if anyone needs one let me know i'll sell it. just keep in mind my order of 2 came to $70 freaking greens!! with shipping.

I  wont cancel my order (too lazy and used to HLJ since 1997) but I've just send them an email expressing how pissed I'm. I preordered this months ago and the only thing they can say is "February restock". OK: February is around the corner but I'm still angry...all this means I won't receive my VF-0 until march (you know the HLJ orders processing, shipping and so)

Before anybody gets too pissed off... I just got a shipping notice from HLJ. I was one of the ones initially disappointed by the "backordered" and "Feb Restock" messages on the inventory list - but it appears that the messages did not indicate that current preorders would be delayed, but only that any new orders would have to wait.

My order is in the shipping process. That means nothing really. My Mission 3 figures were in that status for a couple of weeks...

Maybe the february restock was a mistake, but it pissed me off. Maybe I'm too sensitive... Sorry Scott!!!!!

It looks nice and all but 26 bucks plus shipping is awfully expensive for something of its size :(

Don't really wanna spend over 30 bucks waiting nearly a month and a half for something I could more than likely screw up on like my other kits.

For those of you in HK, I found one shop yesterday that had the VF-0S in stock.

It's that small hobby shop on the 1/F of Causeway Bay Center, just to the right as you go up the stairs.

It was selling for HK$199, which I think is a bit too expensive. They had about 3-4 remaining. I didn't buy one.

Graham