hasegawa VF-0S delayed...

newca

Come on, I know you guys are like me and have a closet full of models to build. :p

I don't mind the delay, since it's one less model I have to feel guilty about not building.

No doubt, I have been getting a stock pile of models

• 2 weeks later...

The new February 2004 issue of Hobby Japan has a small line art pic of all the parts of the VF-0S. Do you model builders call them sprus or runners? Sorry, I'm familiar with the correct model kit terminology :p

Anyway, I've been studying the pic an it looks as if the VF-0S kit does not have a pilot figure. Neither does it come with any wing missiles........boo, hiss! :angry:

Hopefully this means that Hasegawa will later release a Macross Zero Weapons set similar to what they did for the VF-1.

Although I'm not a model builder, because I have no skill at painting. In fact the average 3 year old has more skill than me, I am actually thinking of buying the VF-0S kit and having a local model builder make it for me as I love the VF-0 design and it will be at least 6 months before we see any toys :( so I need something to tide me over until the toys come out.

Graham

Hey Monkey, don't blame your father. Colour blindness is transmitted by the woman even though they're not affected. (10% of colour blinds are women but they carry the broken genetic information). Pink VF-0 would be great. I am "a little" colour blind myself and I have difficulties sometimes between light grey and pink though. The usual brown/grey/kaki/sand colours used for camos are a nightmare for people like us!

Isn't the VF-0S all white with black parts? I believe you can do that ;)

The new February 2004 issue of Hobby Japan has a small line art pic of all the parts of the VF-0S. Do you model builders call them sprus or runners? Sorry, I'm familiar with the correct model kit terminology :p

Anyway, I've been studying the pic an it looks as if the VF-0S kit does not have a pilot figure. Neither does it come with any wing missiles........boo, hiss! :angry:

Hasegawa website (and everywhere else for a while) has clearly stated that it comes with a pilot figure. It's probably hidden amongst those sprues somewhere.

Any chance of scanning the image?

I'll try to remember to scan it in the next few days. I can't tonight though, as I'm having dinner with MW members Sebastian & Guppy.

Also, I just picked the new Winter 2004 issue of the quarterly Character Model magazine and it mentions a release date of January 20th for the Hasegawa VF-0S.

Graham

I'll try to remember to scan it in the next few days. I can't tonight though, as I'm having dinner with MW members Sebastian & Guppy.

Also, I just picked the new Winter 2004 issue of issue of the quarterly Character Model magazine and it mentions a release date of January 20th for the Hasegawa VF-0S.

Graham

SWEET!

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I just picked the new Winter 2004 issue of the quarterly Character Model magazine and it mentions a release date of January 20th for the Hasegawa VF-0S.

Well, it's Jan. 20th now (4pm in japan, at the moment), and the Hasegawa VF-0S still isn't in stock at HLJ, Hobby Search, or Rainbow Ten... :(

How much longer will I have to wait...? The suspense is killing me...

But I should be gettin my resin kit of The Bebop in a few days, so hopefully that'll tide me over a bit ^_^

And Graham, how 'bout those scans? :)

Holy crap, it IS the 28th!  Says so on Hasegawa's page!

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/VF/65715/65715.html

And BTW, those are the first pics of a finished production kit!  Can you spot the differences between them and all the older pics (including the ones on HLJ)?  :D

Oh no! The whole 27 lost!!! I've lost an important meeting (or two...) My boss just came from vacation, the sky is falling on my head !! Did Hase released one of their special calendars (without certain days)? I will need one asap.

Seriuosly:

Valkyrie, you mean FAST PACKS??? I see no other difference (aside from the obvious clear canopy)

EDIT: I forget the pilot!!

Edited by Gerwalker

Well, yes and no.

The VF-0 has been seen with at least one 'real' missile, the AIM-120. Possibly a real drop tank also.

But it's also been seen with at least 3 weapons that don't really exist.

I'm still contemplating scratch-building them for a VF-0 weapon set :)

yes, there is a pilot, a gunpod, and a set of FP, that's what the price(2800yen) for!

the VF-1 series weapon set comes with pilots, but this time they will offer pilots with the plane itself, so what will there be in the non-exsist VF-0 weapon set?

the so-called FP are just fuel tanks I think, coz VF-0 are not nuclear powered. maybe in the 4th and 5th ep of MO, we will see other kind of FP such as underwater-use or space-use...there must be variants...

the so-called FP are just fuel tanks I think, coz VF-0 are not nuclear powered. maybe in the 4th and 5th ep of MO, we will see other kind of FP such as underwater-use or space-use...there must be variants...

The leg FAST packs also contain micro-missile launchers as well as fuel. According to the Macross Compendium, the VF-0S's FAST packs each hold 24 micro-missiles. These can be seen firing in episode # 1. Each leg FAST packs has 3 exit ports for the micro-missiles, 2 ports to the front and one to the rear.

Graham

You've got all of them but one :)

It's the one big difference between the production kit and the mock-up we've seen up until now.

And yes, it does come with both a pilot and FAST packs (as seen in the first picture) :D

Ohhh! newca found it... the gun pod!!!!

About ordenance: The hase kits are really good. I have all of them in 1/72 except the pilots and van. Good thing is that as the Macross weapons set the missiles and bombs sets come in pairs.

I've recently bought a set of ground equipment from hlj. It is a beauty. It comes with wires and cables to reproduce the hoses and cables of the real thing, some groudn crew figures, decals for the instruments and even a tool drawer that can be made opened with the tiny tools inside!! An for only 500yens!!

I've recently bought a set of ground equipment from hlj. It is a beauty. It comes with wires and cables to reproduce the hoses and cables of the real thing, some groudn crew figures, decals for the instruments and even a tool drawer that can be made opened with the tiny tools inside!! An for only 500yens!!

what's that about? any details?