http://imgur.com/a/hNMtR

Upgrade pack!! I got the Solid shooter and the Pentatrooper today in the mail. Broke out my Strong Bacchus for some dress up fun. haha.

I added on the feet stabilizers, right hip ammo pack for the Gat 49min Pentatrooper, and a green unit from the Parachute sack for the Sat-02 Solid Shooter.

bEJKzKQh.jpg

SRSv5oyh.jpg

HkXUEJAh.jpg

Was debating between whether or not to get a Yamato Scopedog.. and finally broke today, when I saw the V2 with clear armour parts on Mandarake. (whether this is true V2 or not, I do not know :( )
They also had a Chirico giftset, which I decided to pass on. I've only just started getting into this series and I like what I've seen so far, though the pacing is abit slow.

Ultimately, I just want a sweet ride for my 1/12 figures.

Even if it's a V1 it will be an impressive display piece... it'll just take a little more patience.

EDIT - Does anyone have a pictorial guide how to tell the difference between the various versions? I have some limited editions and I'd like to figure out which versions they were.

Edited by jenius

I have never seen a guide for the various yamato scopedog versions.

Once you figure it all out Jenius you're going to be a great resource...

DMZ Price Watch:

3 pack of NEW DMZs sold for 75,000 yen:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-163150277

Single DMZ 02 NEW sold for only 6,200 though:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-n123750406

Single DMZ 04 USED sold for 22,000:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-v300914703

Don't know if this crappy collection dx video helps, but it shows two side by side and you can see how the joints work.

DarrinG

As mentioned above I got my DMZ 06 for 200 inc shipping. Which I'm pretty happy about. Thanks for the price watch!

Was debating between whether or not to get a Yamato Scopedog.. and finally broke today, when I saw the V2 with clear armour parts on Mandarake. (whether this is true V2 or not, I do not know :( )
They also had a Chirico giftset, which I decided to pass on. I've only just started getting into this series and I like what I've seen so far, though the pacing is abit slow.

Ultimately, I just want a sweet ride for my 1/12 figures.

It should be a V2 with improved joints. It's just not a Turbo custom with the different leg system. Still a very cool toy though :D

What do you mean by sweet ride? haha. Just a place to put your figures? That's an expensive container :p

Edited by Gakken85

It should be a V2 with improved joints. It's just not a Turbo custom with the different leg system. Still a very cool toy though :D

What do you mean by sweet ride? haha. Just a place to put your figures? That's an expensive container :p

Cool, I guess.

Yeah, it would be an expensive container indeed. Probably be using it as a ride when taking pics for my 1/12 figures. Maybe it pit it against the Quad (apparently 1/12 figures can fit in that too, but with an open top).

Also, like jenius said, it'd make an impressive display piece.

Would probably give it a top coat if I find the look of the surface to plasticky.

Mini review!

Opened up my DMZ today.

I have to say.. It's an awesome toy.

I also have to say... Yamato basically ripped everything off to make their 1/12 up to the V2, and actually made a few improvements. I actually learned a lot about my Yamato playing with this Takara. Haha.

But the first Yamato Scopedog was released over a year before the first Takara DMZ.

You can still find deals out there if you look hard enough. haha. I've been using Rinkya a lot too. Even after fees some of the weapons kits are cheaper than evilbay if you buy a few at once and combine shipping.

You can still find deals out there if you look hard enough. haha. I've been using Rinkya a lot too. Even after fees some of the weapons kits are cheaper than evilbay if you buy a few at once and combine shipping.

Thanks for the tip. Now that I'm pretty much done buying VF-1's, maybe I can focus more of my attention on the 1/12 line.

What would you recommend for a votoms toy that's not over $100? Size is also an issue so it can't be too big, maybe something around 10 inchs would be the limit for my shelf.

You can get a V1 scopedog for $60-100 all of these guys are 10-11 inches. The Takara DMZ line is about 8 inches but I doubt you could find one for $100.

You might want to check the Max factory line, those should be less expensive and about 6 inches?

Size chart from Jenius:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Votoms-AT-Comparison-1.jpg

Connor99 - Yeah I think most people are buying up Macross right now. To me.. One VF is enough. It's all basically the same toy with different paint schemes. Blasphemy I know... but I have a 1/48 and a 1/60 and I'm set for now. haha.

Edited by Gakken85

I bought the Odon Gift-set and the LRS parts separately with very similar thinking to yours. I also spent a lot! :D

What would you recommend for a votoms toy that's not over $100? Size is also an issue so it can't be too big, maybe something around 10 inchs would be the limit for my shelf.

Since everything has been out of print for a little while now your options are shrinking quick at that price range. Your goal should definitely be a DMZ. I could sell you a beat-up but perfectly displayable DMZ-01 for less than a hundred. Do some shopping around and if you're interested PM me. If you're not into gimmicks and just want something to put up on a shelf in some dynamic poses, and you can get over the big head, the 35 Max line fits the bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any indication the double pack dog has any improvements over the single pack?

The wave figures are just statues, yes?

Edited by Gakken85

Oh yeah... I forgot to give an update. So it turned out the Scopedog I bought turned out to be the one with swappable transparent armour parts.

It's a V2, as the right shoulder is a shiny metallic red, and the joints a pretty tight (like the video posted earlier).

Didn't have much time to play with it, but it does feel pretty fantastic in hand. I just wish that I could find the right weapons pack to go with it, since the back feels so naked.

Is there any indication the double pack dog has any improvements over the single pack?

The wave figures are just statues, yes?

The Brutish double pack would have no improvement over any other Brutish Dog - they were all V2s.

The double packs of the green scopedogs were all V1s I believe.

The WAVE figs are just statues but I think they're pretty awesome, well worth up to 7,000 yen IMO.

NEW Green Box Turbo Custom just sold for 43,100:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-167532146

Edited by DarrinG

Saw a TC sell for 21000 yen on Sunday morning. Pretty amazing deal even with fees and shipping.

I also did a video review of the 1/12 Chrico figure DarrinG sent me:

Edited by Gakken85

That WAVE set went for only 3,900 - a bargain. It didn't say 'yamato' on the box I guess.

Here's a rarely seen Brutish Fyana ( NEW even ) - Double Pack:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-e139077651

Will be interesting to see how high it goes, no bids yet though...

attachicon.gifumeme1192-img600x450-1368000717puwta825831.jpg

Combo pack went for 53,000 - thought it might have gone for more...

There were 31+ bids haha. It was jumping 1,000 yen every few minutes.

I just decided that's as high as I would go.

I've been spending a lot lately and another $600 bucks wasn't making me want to pull the trigger. I have like 6 items hanging out at the Rinkya warehouse that I haven't even had shipped!

I really want one but I think I can find a better deal if I hold out.

Plus I have a lot of other things to enjoy in the mean time :D

Edited by Gakken85

• 2 weeks later...