• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He's missing the 1/60 scale (best scale) AT Collection Series Scopedog.

You just laid your eyes on Volks 1/8 and this is your comment?

Like looking at the Mona Lisa and saying there is a small nick in the frame... : /

Here are my Yamato Scopedog, Brutishdog, Customs and Max Factory 1/35 Commando Vorct Scopedogspost-186-0-92315000-1333324898_thumb.jpgpost-186-0-36053300-1333324929_thumb.jpgpost-186-0-58776900-1333324960_thumb.jpgpost-186-0-91370300-1333324992_thumb.jpg

Nice collection - I've been looking for the 1/12 Red Shoulder Custom Parts but man are those pricey now...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it's too soon for me to say. I've only handled the one DMZ toy so far. I'm hoping to spend a lot more time with my Votoms toys in the future but I've been side-tracked by a lot of other hobbies and all the stuff that comes with having a baby on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you can pop out those parts on the 35 Max toy to install red shoulder custom armor that was never sold separately?

At any rate, I've got my DMZ-01 review up on anymoon. It's kind of a placeholder right now as I'm just going to update that one review with thoughts on all the DMZs eventually. Please let me know if you see anything I failed to mention.

DMZ-01-Scopedog-7.jpg

FANTASTIC Review - great photos - very nice work.

Its a must read for anime toy fans, not just Votoms fans.

DMZs - Amazing weathering and tampo printing. Spot on sculpt, likeness to the show and line art. Great at holding their market value, highly desired (probably) for years to come.

Microman Pilots - DO NOT MATCH the Takara DMZ Scopedog IMO, look like they go with another much less detailed and less expensive Votoms toy line. Unacceptable hip and crotch area, horrible elbows, huge ham-hands, head too small and much more. I know there are fans of Micromen, I am not one obviously.

Looking forward to the 1/48 line review, and the 35Max and Yamato posts --- Votoms fans everywhere are cheering anymoon.com today ...

Edited by DarrinG

• 3 weeks later...

finally got a chance to fiddle around the yamato "last red shoulder" turbo custom. It set me back a little bit over 3 big ones and my thoughts...totally worth it.

The first positive impression is how easy it is now to swap the hand. The ones on my strong bacchus caused me so much headaches that I wish whoever design the figure had an eternal fire in hell. This time, however, the swap is easy and clean. Plus there is no more detach and re-attach that silly thumb.

The elbow is now on ratchet which means the turbo custom can do some pew pew pose, unlikely the strong bacchus who can never lift the gun due to its pussy arm.

the overall build quality is eons better than my strong bacchus, which i believe is based on the old mold.

Edited by brenttoyou

The Bacchus is actually a V2 I believe, so is the Brutish. And I can relate with all you describe on the hands and thumb. And how about the fist charge falling out when you fiddle with the hand or arm? And the gaps in the foremarm because the spring tension is almost pulling the Bacchus arm apart? And arms and legs falling right off, on and on... hard to believe its actually an IMPROVED version over the first release!

3 Bills is NOT bad for the TC to be honest. Is it the one in the green box? No accessory set? The Last Red Shoulder and Oddon weapons accessory set versions are going around $500 now if you factor in middle man / RinkYa fees.

I've recently seen several go for around 32,000 yen on Yahoo Japan.

I'm looking forward to the anymoon review of the Yamato line.

Here is a ratty pic of my TC Oddon version and Brutish...

post-8486-0-37074700-1343223692_thumb.jpg

Yep I had the same issue with the fist charge on the left arm and I superglued that parts together so at least it stays there. The right arm is pretty solid sans the weak elbow.

The brutishdog looks cool. Hopefully my supplier still have some in stock since he mentioned last week he can get it for me under 200.

3 Bills is NOT bad for the TC to be honest. Is it the one in the green box? No accessory set? The Last Red Shoulder and Oddon weapons accessory set versions are going around $500 now if you factor in middle man / RinkYa fees.

The one I got is in the giant pinkish box which which includes all the extra weapons.

The one I got is in the giant pinkish box which which includes all the extra weapons.

This one? The Last Red Shoulder Set ( that hilariously does -n o t- include an actual red shoulder piece) ?

Its the one I have, and I bought this Oddon Weapons Accessory Set to get an actual red shoulder...

post-8486-0-08386200-1343251281.jpg

post-8486-0-65614100-1343251291.jpg

Here are the 3 Turbo Custom boxes (I believe); Standard Green/No Weapons, Last Red Shoulder/With Weapons (LRS OVA), Oddon/With Weapons (Roots of Ambition OVA)...

post-8486-0-99534000-1343307412_thumb.jpg

I've seen the Oddon set go for as high as 39,500 yen - jeepers...

Edited by DarrinG

• 4 weeks later...

Great review! I only skimmed it and will go back and really try to digest the info. Although I doubt I will ever have any of the 1/48th line, I LOVE the completeness of it with all the accessories.

And it looks like you could actually touch the mechs without losing all enjoyment, unlike Yamato's massive offerings...

Just saw one of the primo 1/12 Battle Oddon sets go for only 28,500 yen - that's pretty cheap for that set! (believe it or not) ...

post-8486-0-90584100-1345817565.jpg

• 1 month later...

Good Stuff. I have a Yamato 1/12 and a bunch of smaller ones. I really wish the DMZ's would come back into production and/or Revoltech made some.

With Votoms I would love little super posable guys...