Pretty stoked.

I found a Brutish Dog + Fyana Combo set for 25,000 y!

Their was a single Brutish dog on Rinkya that just sold for 31,600 y.:

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-u48172524

And that's with a ripped up box. After fees it would have been close to $450 for me for the Rinkya one.

After I paying EMS shipping the combo to me it's going to cost about $310 bucks.

What a steal. That's only about $50 bucks over MSRP.

Been wanting this piece for awhile.

Finally. One of my personal Holy Grails.

http://imgur.com/a/zL1Xp

I got it today from the post office. I had it with me at work all day and I couldn't wait to get it home. The box is practically mint. The front flap of the main Votom is a little bent in.. mainly because of the way Yamato packed the two together.

Other than that it's in fantastic shape.

Pulling the Brutish out and it smelled like a new toy. I'm not sure if it was displayed only but it looks and feels like a brand new toy. Very pleased with the condition.

I have to say, for a V2 it's a lot sturdier than the Bacchus I had. Everything feels tighter and smoother. It feels more like the Turbo Custom than the other V2's I've handled.

I love the little rubber tires on the feet and the brown and gray accents.

Fyana is in great shape too and looks fantastic. Really stoked.

WeytbRjl.jpg

KzcF57rl.jpg

3tdP2Nnl.jpg

Yeah. I liked him, but I felt like the color didn't really display well and I needed a little space.

I got him really cheap so I got my money back on him. My initial Ebay pairing of it and the weapons set didn't sell, so I split them up and sold them.

I'll probably get another down the line if I move and get more room.

Edited by Gakken85

Oh I think I watched that auction! I have no room also so I've never bothered picking up the SB. Good job on the BrutishDog. I'm kind of stunned Takara never gave us one as a DMZ. You'd think the first ones they would have made were the original Dual Model toys. Oh well, I'm happy we got the Strike and Rabidly Dogs.

Oh! If I'd known you wanted it I would have sold it to you cheap! haha. I thought you had everything. My bad. I didn't post here because Not many people care about VOTOMS.

I move stuff pretty fast once I make up mind. haha

I like my DMZ, but man the hands are a pain in my ass. After extensive handling of both lines I think Yamato's later versions are the better toys. Yeah the DMZ's have figures and weathering.. but the hands and overall articulation really drop my personal score.

Edited by Gakken85

Nice man! I'll go read it now! haha.

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep DMZ 03, or sell it and get the Yamato version... decisions decisions.

Edited by Gakken85

Excellent review Jenius! Thanks goodness for the microman figures as they somewhat keep me from desiring the DMZ line. Though I LOVE the painted look on the scopedogs, and the weathering chipping effects.

Poor Vanilla looks like an alien hybrid being - but the aircraft head with smile would probably improve him a lot.

I do have a bid in on yamato's 1/12 RSC parts. If I get them I will try to get a V2 dog as well. And if I can, I want to send the whole thing out for custom paint / weathering and custom water slide decals commission job.

If anyone has a line on a used MIB V2 with clear armor parts let me know...

post-8486-0-30309300-1370526011_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Holy crap... I think I just got a Scopedog Odon Investigation Unit Custom... for $89 bucks...

go go insomnia!

One just sold on YJ for 38,000 yen. Holy crap. haha

Edited by Gakken85

That's totally possible, I've seen a couple go VERY cheap when not labeled as Odon Investigation units and where the pictures were difficult to discern if it were a standard version of the rarer near black color.

Darrin, did you win your red shoulder parts?

Edited by jenius

Very nice Sebastian. I kind of like Yamato's uber clean and simple finish, but I've been thinking about hiring somebody to do a pro Job on a few pieces in the far future. Mostly because of a picture set I saw of a custom job. I'll have to find it.... haha

The Yammies are easy to custom... due to size! I will alter post some pics with the armor sets on it. It looks a lot better,

Easy I'm sure. I'm not much of a painter though haha. Please share.

Jump gate - i follow you on tumblr. Love your gifs :D

Jenius - True. It would be like 15+30+30.. so closer to 80.

The Yamato Dogs need a bit of paint and detailing or they look too much like a toy. I did some in mines and the look a lot better (at least for me :unsure: ) Here an old pic.

Great custom job! And awesome timing as I am likely going to send my 1/12 RSC out for a complete commission over haul.

I will include your photo for reference as I LOVE the metal showing through the paint on the rivets and edges. Nice work.

Gakken (hopefully) found me a link on the V2 I needed. I will order some water slide decals and get set to wait 8 to 12 months for it : O

Edited by DarrinG