See, I would get the BurglaryDog, because of the fact that it's actually a BurgDog toy! if it weren't soooo expensive. I wouldn't mind still picking up an AG Fatty for fun, but after getting the Turbo Custom AG, I don't have alot of interest in having anymore AG Scopedogs... the Fatty and Turtle are less fiddly on such a small scale. I do still really like and appreciate all the support vees and diorama potential of the AG line... there's now doubt that a fully kitted up and painted Turbo Custom scene deploying from the Big Carry would be amazing.

Yeah, thats why I bought the Big Carry a while back :D. While I don't have the whole Turbo Custom squad to go with it, just placing my Red Shoulders on it already looks sweet. Definitely want a AG Blood Sucker, Strike Dog, Rabidly, and the Command Vorct varients. And maybe a Chubby from the Pailsen Files, if it looks good.

Hey guys. I need the opinions of Votoms collectors. With the availability of the Yamato, Takara DMZ, CM's , and Max Factory figures, are the Takara Revival Dual Models still worth getting?

How do they hold up? The pictures I've seen suggest that they don't look as "realistic" as the more recent releases.

They're a totally different beast in the toy world, but that's not a bad thing. The Yamato design goes for the engineering-marvel aspect with the most detailed build ever... the DMZ goes for large-scale fun with pilot figures and awesome articulation... the CMS fill in an odd gap with some of the more obscure designs... the Max Factory figs should fall into the low-priced highloy posable action figure area (like Revoltechs) if they weren't so goddamn expensive... The old Takara figures are like the Chunky Monkies... I sitll debate getting the RDM BrutishDog off of HLJ everytime I see it. They are from what I understand, as indestructible as 1/55 Valks, and have the same old-school 80s mecha toy styling and feel.

My friends have some of the Yamatos. They're great hefty toys, but they do seem to fall apart easily. I've never seen a toy that appears to have been designed with being able to completely dismantle it in mind.

There's really two ways to go about doing it... if the whole 'disassemble-able' thing doesn't matter to him, he can just glue the arms and legs on, and even glue the upper arm covers if they come off alot (I've got one like this that someone else glued, and I end up playing with it the most) or you can clear nail-polish the arm and leg sockets... I also found that adding like two layers of clear nail-polish to v1 Scopedogs helps a ton with the ankles, and adding some clear nail-polish to the shoulder ball-joint on all of them helps a ton as well... I've also got an elbow mod I do on all of my Scopedogs (when I get the time... got a ton of new ones) that allows for about another 15 degrees of mobility (think another 'click's worth) that can be done with about twenty minutes with a Dremel and some small files...

Interesting. He's got a Melkian forces one (nicknamed "Pride-bot"), and a Red Shoulder 2. The biggest issue I've noticed is the waist joint coming apart easily. The Melkian seems the looser (another friend has the Melkian, but it seems sturdier).

He also lost the antenna and a thumb on one.

Thanks for the tips. I know I'll probably use them whenever I get one myself. He mostly just displays his. I know added mobility would be a plus. Holding the gun correctly can be a bit hard.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

If anyone's interested, I'm actually going to sell off all my 1/12 and 1/18 Votoms toys. I've got every release except for the most recent RSC's. All in MIB condition.

Don't get me wrong, I love these toys, but I've made the decision to edit the "army" and just focus on toys related to anime my brothers and I watched as kids. Votoms holds relatively little nostalgic value for me, so off they go!

Just PM me with any Votoms needs/wants. Will set up a formal for sale thread with pics and prices soon...

Hmm... I've finally got one of every release (minus the Scopedog II w/ Round Mover, bc/ I've already got the 'Dog and Mover to make this set) including a second RS to make a Purple Bear with the visor included with the Bracchus.... so I think I'm good, but you never know. I'm just hoping some enemy mecha finally come out.

There's really two ways to go about doing it... if the whole 'disassemble-able' thing doesn't matter to him, he can just glue the arms and legs on, and even glue the upper arm covers if they come off alot (I've got one like this that someone else glued, and I end up playing with it the most) or you can clear nail-polish the arm and leg sockets... I also found that adding like two layers of clear nail-polish to v1 Scopedogs helps a ton with the ankles, and adding some clear nail-polish to the shoulder ball-joint on all of them helps a ton as well... I've also got an elbow mod I do on all of my Scopedogs (when I get the time... got a ton of new ones) that allows for about another 15 degrees of mobility (think another 'click's worth) that can be done with about twenty minutes with a Dremel and some small files...

I keep meaning to give my V1 Yammie Scopedog the nail polish treatment. Because of his ailments I've lovingly dubbed him Tilty McLean. :)

I also hope Annual Gift Man brings me a Dremel for Xmas so I can start hacking away at my toys. I'd love to try that elbow mod.

Yeah, it'd be tough to do my elbow mod without a DREMEL due to the tough to reach plastic in the corners of the joint... it's not a difficult job once you're comfortable with the tool tho. And a few layers of nail polish does help greatly with v1 ankles and shoulders...

Got my Strong Bracchus today and it's missing the crotch armor in the box... arms were in the box backwards as well, but that's more weird than a problem... I emailed Yamato USA for the part and hopefully they will make it right. It's a nice looking variation otherwise.

Hate to double post, but this seemed worth it... am I the only for whom these slipped under the radar?

"Last Red Shoulder" Yamato Scopedog Turbo Custom

Yamato Turbo Custom Scopedog

I just about creamed myself when I saw Yamato was finally giving these two us... now I'll have to decide if I still want to give Takara's DMZ Turbo Custom a chance in December...

New 1/12 Weapons set as well... not that much new stuff in it, but it;s obviously a "Last Red Shoulder" set... I could be sold on another short-barreled GAT and the Tortoise Rocket Launcher (but the Solid Shooter is kinda crappy for the 'Dog to hold...) maybe now that they've got the gun made for the Tortoise, we'll see a 1/12 Tortoise series!

Graham, how come we don't get the news hook-up for Yamato VOTOMS stuff like this? I found these preorders by accident on the Yamato USA site while looking for the customer service email...

Has there been any word on a possible fansub of Vol 1 yet*? I watched the raw episodes a couple of weeks ago, and while I liked what I saw I'm sure I'd take more away from the story if I could actually understand it.

* or better still, some news on potential R1 licencing

Anyone get one or both Yamato Fyana figures yet? They're out and in stock at various places. I'm tempted to get one but I'd like to know if there are any differences are between the two, other than one being pink and one being purple.

My Uodoo city fig is waiting at home for me bc/ I've got a BD for her... Didn't bother with the Space suit one for now as I have yet to decide if I will repaint one of my generic green SDs as a SDII w/ Roundmover... from all the pics I've seen it looks like a good solid fig just like Chirico.

A guy on 4chan recently posted high quality rips of the laserdiscs (or DVDs? i forget) of Mellowlink, but they were unsubbed and on rapidshare so they were a pain to get. Definitely downloading these, though.

I believe the DVDs of Mellowlink and the other OVAs were just released for the first time just this spring. I'd hoped that somebody would have ripped & subbed them by now, but that doesn't seem to be happening. It's such a better use of fansub groups' time to sub the same 2007 shows that 18 other groups are already doing. :rolleyes: Still, I have the raw versions of the other OVAs in case I ever find an .srt file for them.

I am getting a DVD with .avi files of the other three OVAs (Big Battle, Shining Heresy, and the other one that isn't LRS) from a guy on another forum... They are raws I believe, but if anyone wants the files once I get them, I will be more than willing to work out an easy way to distribute them.

Shining Heresy/Defrost is a good OVA. There might be some slow parts. But when there is action, its very well animated, and characters look pretty and consistent, good songs. Don't have the kind of 'mix bag' feeling like I have when watching Pailsen Files vol.1.