• 3 weeks later...

HLJ is having DMZ-05 Turbo Custom on sale for 30%OFF! Get it while you can.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT77245

I really don't know whats going on with HLJ and the DMZ getting 30% off...AGAIN! I hope it doesn't mean the line is doing bad. I just received the DMZ-05 Turbo Custom (without discount). Haven't taken it out yet, but its darn gorgeous from the window box, and comes with lots of stuff. Heard a lot of praise on this one too, and if its just as good as the other DMZ I have, its sure a winner as well. Would be a real shame if such awesome line doesn't do well and HLJ has to clean them off everytime. And I think they still have the DMZ-04 on 30%off, and still in stock after all this time. That toy is a great toy too...sigh. For once, the Chirico's face is not screwed up on mine. Not that its that great to begin with.

If you enjoy votoms toy info, consider getting a copy of the current Hobby Japan Plus vol.4. It has a very big coverage on votoms stuff from 1983-2007, as well as a bunch of very nice custom models.

Man... if I splurge on the DMZ Turbo Custom (it's not cheap even with 30% off), I'll probably have to rebox my DMZ-1 in order to make space on my shelves... Decisions, decisions. :p

Yeah dude. And the size of this box is on a whole new level when compare to DMZ-01's. Its about the size of DMZ-04 Rabidlydog, but even thicker. Can't really say it can replace the DMZ-01 though. While its still a green dog, it looks slicker, cleaner and the color is quite different. Its more forest green and the gun & ammo parts more blue, while DMZ-01 has a more yellow green with a lot of wear. The Turbo Custom barely have any wear, but more airbrush shading. Looks very nice, even without all the painted decals.

I really like this TC already, even when I haven't open the thing up. :lol:

Why is the TC 30% off???? I love mine and am glad I got it as soon as it is out, but why is it on clearance?? I've also got a RabidlyDog waiting for me at home (which I'll get to unpack next Friday!!) but yeah, the DMZs are actually amazing, and I highly recommend the TC... it's the best Turbo Custom so far.

I also have HJ Plus vol 4 waiting for me, and I cannot WAIT to check it out.

I just took mine out last night and the joints were overall improved, mainly a much sturdier hip and a wider range ankle. I did find the shoulder hydrolic joint looser than my other DMZs, but I took the arm apart and fixed it with inserting a piece of paper in the joint and add friction. Easy fix. The knees are now double ratchet joints, instead of the old ratchet + friction double joint. Awesome new leg gimmick by the way.

However, looks like Takara sealed the feet even better this time, so I have no idea how to take it apart and insert metal inside to give it more weight (for doing those extreme gliding poses without falling). Too bad... I did the weight thing to my DMZ-01, and it feels like a gokin now LOL. Just a bunch of coins (as many as you can fit in there, then seal them in place with kneaded eraser (probably sculpy will work too). DMZ-04 got trickier as the screws are all hidden, so I only managed to open the front half with only added weight to the toes. But for this TC, I couldn't even fins a gap or panel that might be hiding the screws. I bet they are underneath the triangle roller dash thing in the inner side of each feet. But I couldn't figure out a way to even loosen up that piece. Don't think it'll help even if I pry with screw driver. It'll just dent the outside. So might need to give up on the mod on this one.

Just got my DMZ-05 Turbo Custom all assembled, with minor silver spots weathering so it doesn't look too clean. So now people can see the color and paint difference compare to a DMZ-01 with Red Shoulder parts. The DMZ-01 Red Shoulder Custom sure look more busy with all the weathering and painted decal. Even the weapon parts have more sculpted detail on them. But the overall form does look more clunky (since Chirico just slapped whatever weapons he could find in the warehouse to put on a normal Scopedog). The Turbo Custom on the other hand looks simpler in some areas, but more streamlined and slick. Weapons feel more tailor made. Rabidlydog in the back of course towers over these two. It is pretty much one of the biggest & the most advanced AT in the series afterall. Love them all.

As a side note, if you have both the RSC & TC, their missiles are identical in shape, but the RSC missiles have a deeper red color. Looks better if you swap the missiles between the two figures.

IMG_4440.jpg

Very nice, Mpichi!

The TC is definitely on my want list, but the shipping cost is what's really bugging me. If only the local dealers in Singapore brought it in in quantity... Ever since the previous main distributer ended their relationship with TakaraTomy, nobody seems to bother importing interesting stuff from them except for TFs. If I went shopping in HK and spotted this, I'd probably snap it up and pack it into my suitcase.

All this talk about the DMZs makes me wish I purchased them instead of getting a Yamato one :angry:

I have a question to anyone who has/had a Yamato Scopedog. Did you apply the stickers? If so, did you do anything like a clear coat to make them a little more permanent? Are there any waterslide 1/12 Votom decals out there or will I have to suffer?

I now own every Yamato Scopedog release except the Scopedog II w/ Round-Move pack. I personally haven't applied any of the stickers, but that's bc/ I've had decal sheets printed for almost everyone of them (but this is not currently available anymore), and am someday going to decal and weather and detail them all up... in theory. In reality the stickers probably aren't that bad... but then again, they ARE Yamato stickers. Stickers are never going to be any more permanent, and adding a clear top-coat to stickers only makes them worse (makes then thicker, and can cause them to yellow or discolor)

Got my DMZ RabidlyDog last night, and it is fricken KILLER... I am again in love with the DMZ line and trying to figure out how I didn't get in sooner...

I now own every Yamato Scopedog release except the Scopedog II w/ Round-Move pack. I personally haven't applied any of the stickers, but that's bc/ I've had decal sheets printed for almost everyone of them (but this is not currently available anymore), and am someday going to decal and weather and detail them all up... in theory. In reality the stickers probably aren't that bad... but then again, they ARE Yamato stickers. Stickers are never going to be any more permanent, and adding a clear top-coat to stickers only makes them worse (makes then thicker, and can cause them to yellow or discolor)

Got my DMZ RabidlyDog last night, and it is fricken KILLER... I am again in love with the DMZ line and trying to figure out how I didn't get in sooner...

Darn :(

Hey...

Would someone possibly be able to post a side by side pic of the Yamato 1/12 Scopedog & Yamato 1/48 Valk?

Thinking of getting the 1/12 Turbo Custom and would kinda like to know in advance how much room it's going to occupy (a fair bit I presume) so I can make room for it. Have only really seen pictures of it by itself, at least if I can see it (by it I mean any 1/12, I know the Turbo Custom is yet to be released) next to a Valk I can get a good comparison...

If you could include a 1/18 Scopedog in the shot that would be an added bonus!

I officially admit defeat... the DMZ RabidlyDog is the nicest VOTOMS toy I own and now my official favorite... impressively enough, the pilot fig is also the best Microman figure I've ever had, which is a nice change of pace seeing as the Chirico for the TC was so-so... I have to go to work soon and I can't stop messing with my RabidlyDog...

I don't understand it either... the design is just different enough from a Scopedog to still be fresh to me I guess... couple that with the big feet and the fact that you can use the claw arm as a clever counter-weight, and right now my RD is in a one-footed running pose... I love my Yamato 'Dogs, but they need at least two feet on the ground at all times... now I'm trying to figure out if there's any way I can fit the box for my RD in my backpack and bring it back to college with me... it's perfect timing for me to fall in love with a new fig as I'm off buying for a while :lol:

Watched Pailsen Files vol.3 (episode 5 & 6). No mecha action in these 2 either. All about Chirico, and how the whole army (his own side) is trying to kill him (to test if he really can't die). Its a bit weird since if Chirico stirred up such a big fuss among the Gilgemesh army, there is no way people don't know him in the TV series like a celebrity. So feel like they pushed the 'Chirico can't die' fact a bit too far. But we'll see more as the story goes.

• 1 month later...

Holy really well-made toy Batman!... just got my Yamato Last Red Shoulder Turbo Custom set... and those guys at Yamato are doing something right, because with this release they've successfully fixed everything on the Scopedog mold, and the new legs are great! Gone are the floppy elbows, loose shoulders, and weak wrists and thumb... and the flimsy ankles are a thing of the past with this new fig... couple that with accessories that include missile launchers where you can cheat and make the missiles NOT fall out (unlike the Red Shoulder Custom set), and this is the best Yamato VOTOMS release to date, and may actually finally be better than the DMZ line (which I still like alot, but I have ALWAYS preferred the proportions of the Yamato 'Dog sculpt). If you do not own a Yamato Scopedog, this is the one to get... and hopefully is a sign that the standard releases will get some retooling and retrofitting with the improved parts, or at least a v3 standard 'doggy...

I wasnt sure if i should put this on the "Wanted forum" or this "Votoms forum" but

i was looking for a packed or loose or spare TAKARA MICROMAN MA-24 CHIRICO CUVIE WITH THE HELMET shown here

( http://c22225860.xwing.com.tw/catalog/fron...;Category=MICRO )

If anyone has one or knows where i can buy one for a decent price, please kindly let me know

Thanks in advance!

-iso0

Edited by iso0

Holy really well-made toy Batman!... just got my Yamato Last Red Shoulder Turbo Custom set... and those guys at Yamato are doing something right, because with this release they've successfully fixed everything on the Scopedog mold, and the new legs are great! Gone are the floppy elbows, loose shoulders, and weak wrists and thumb... and the flimsy ankles are a thing of the past with this new fig... couple that with accessories that include missile launchers where you can cheat and make the missiles NOT fall out (unlike the Red Shoulder Custom set), and this is the best Yamato VOTOMS release to date, and may actually finally be better than the DMZ line (which I still like alot, but I have ALWAYS preferred the proportions of the Yamato 'Dog sculpt). If you do not own a Yamato Scopedog, this is the one to get... and hopefully is a sign that the standard releases will get some retooling and retrofitting with the improved parts, or at least a v3 standard 'doggy...

I don't want to gloat but that's just further proof that Yamato only 'gets it right' after the 2nd release or so. And the Scopedog doesn't even transform. I wonder how the Bubblegum 'Crisis' will turn out now.

As a huge votoms fan after purchasing the offical metal ammo box 99 dollar DVD box set for the series I have finally purchased my first 1/12 scale votoms Scopedog with paraschute sack and chirico cuvie by yamato and I am really impressed.

First of all the joints on the scopedog are superb compared to the old yamato 1/12 scale. It is a really sturdy toy that you can play with and move around quite a bit and not break. Not to mention that added decals give the figure alot of personallity and make it stand out as a real looking military peice.

The accesories fit quite nicely on the scopedog and there are no loose parts or flaws that i know of. Also the chirico looks really amazing and has alot of detail. ALthough the 1/12 scales are more expensive then the 1/18 DMZs you do get more quality for the extra money you spend. I dont have a DMZ just yet but I will get a DMZ scopedog and compare the two later on.

I don't want to gloat but that's just further proof that Yamato only 'gets it right' after the 2nd release or so. And the Scopedog doesn't even transform. I wonder how the Bubblegum 'Crisis' will turn out now.

I have noticed that yamato only gets the second version of their toys right which is a huge problem with the company to this day and with the prices they want for their toys sometimes the flaws dont justify the purchase. Im glad I waited for the scopedog 1/12 ver. 2, because after seeing how the ver. 1 was made I turned away from their products for awhile.