World’s biggest Minmay fan?

Roy Focker

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not saying I'm right, the only thing I can do is compare things I've heard and seen in real life situations and compare them to what I've seen in Macross.

In my eyes, Minmei is self-centered. She only wants to be around Hikaru when it's convenient for her. She got all butt-hurt when she saw and heard Hikaru and Misa's conversation in town and ran off crying because he added photos of Misa in the photo album. Now...would a girl who had no feelings towards a guy get that sad about a few pictures? So, I think Minmei loved Hikaru (which is why I retracted my accusations of her leading him on), but again she's a bit selfish because she wanted Hikaru to leave the military and settle down. She didn't think he could settle down with her and still be in the military? And when the bombs started flying from Kamjin's ship, she tried to keep him from protecting the city only so that she didn't have to be alone.

I'm not saying that Hikaru is off the hook either. Some of the things that he did to Misa (intentionally and unintentionally) were pretty f*cked up. So, I'm not playing a blame game on anyone. I'm just giving MY interpretation of Minmei: Sweet, caring, sensitive, naive, selfish, charming, charismatic, and self-centered. She's truly a Libra. lol :D

Now, I know Gubaba is gonna have something to say as he always has to have the last word. <_<

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not saying I'm right, the only thing I can do is compare things I've heard and seen in real life situations and compare them to what I've seen in Macross.

In my eyes, Minmei is self-centered. She only wants to be around Hikaru when it's convenient for her. She got all butt-hurt when she saw and heard Hikaru and Misa's conversation in town and ran off crying because he added photos of Misa in the photo album. Now...would a girl who had no feelings towards a guy get that sad about a few pictures? So, I think Minmei loved Hikaru (which is why I retracted my accusations of her leading him on), but again she's a bit selfish because she wanted Hikaru to leave the military and settle down. She didn't think he could settle down with her and still be in the military? And when the bombs started flying from Kamjin's ship, she tried to keep him from protecting the city only so that she didn't have to be alone.

I'm not saying that Hikaru is off the hook either. Some of the things that he did to Misa (intentionally and unintentionally) were pretty f*cked up. So, I'm not playing a blame game on anyone. I'm just giving MY interpretation of Minmei: Sweet, caring, sensitive, naive, selfish, charming, charismatic, and self-centered. She's truly a Libra. lol :D

Now, I know Gubaba is gonna have something to say as he always has to have the last word. <_<

No, your opinion is your opinion. Rock on wit' your bad self.

Welcome. Please read the rules, esp. concerning signatres.

Signatures - No Images.
Signatures must be limited to text only. No images are allowed in signatures. Text signatures should be no taller than eight lines of standard-sized text.

There's a sign outside her bedroom shaped like a bunny where she spells it "Minmei". Forgot which episode it was.

Episode 5.

But still, "Minmay" appears at least a dozen times. "Minmei" appears once. "Mingmei" appears not at all.

post-939-0-77835000-1365779868_thumb.jpg

Agree on Minngmei. Just saying that a sign that she would put outside her own door is prolly the way she herself would spell her own name. Somehow Minmay became the way to spell it as her stage name.

Agree on Minngmei. Just saying that a sign that she would put outside her own door is prolly the way she herself would spell her own name. Somehow Minmay became the way to spell it as her stage name.

I've heard that before... I'm not sure the animators thought it through that hard, though. "ミンメイ...? Sure, spell it however you want, guys!"

IT'S HER NAME! In Chinese dialect, as she was born in Chinatown Yokohama 19 years ago (Yes, her parents came from China, fleeing Mao Zedong)

If you don't dont know what i'm saying, then you better get used to it.

So please tell me the actual English version of the names "Jenius," "Shammy," the official German for "Focker," and the Italian for "Global," please...

And I'm not being snarky. If these are real names, I'd like to know the spelling!

EDIT: Oh, and where did you get the info that her parents were fleeing Mao Zedong...? I've looked at Perfect Memory, My Fair Minmay, and Misa Hayase: White Reminiscences, and I don't remember seeing that...

Edited by Gubaba

no politics... even between sarcasm tags.

But if that info's in a Macross book, shouldn't it be exempt...?

Here's the proof of her name, and its on Pinyin, a certain type of written Chinese: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Minmay

I hear ya. But again, what about "Jenius," Shammy," "Focker," and "Global"?

just a warning of not letting discussion too far off topic and going into politics. You can talk about politics within the Macross Universe but anything that doesn't pertain to Macross will be deleted or lead to closing of any thread or worse.

just a warning of not letting discussion too far off topic and going into politics. You can talk about politics within the Macross Universe but anything that doesn't pertain to Macross will be deleted or lead to closing of any thread or worse.

So it depends on if Mao (not Sara's younger sister) is mentioned in official Macross materials, then. That's fine.

Curious: how does pointing out the lack of a certain someone as the motivation for the relocation of Minmei's parents in any existing source material, and using sarcasm to point out that fallacious stereotype, fall foul of the no politics rule?

Curious: how does pointing out the lack of a certain someone as the motivation for the relocation of Minmei's parents in any existing source material, and using sarcasm to point out that fallacious stereotype, fall foul of the no politics rule?

It's pre-warning. Even when you explain that you're being sarcastic people use it as an excuse to jump in with their thoughts about a political subject that has nothing to do with any Macross subject. In fact THAT'S how MOST political discussions start here and it always gets followed by "I know it's off topic..." and "I'm just replying to this one last thing that someone else said and after that I'll shut my mouth about the subject" and then on and on. And it's harder to moderate once the topic gets out of control.