Customizing Yamato Stand. Anyone Done it?

miriya

I want to customize my yamato Stand to make a control room inside but I am worried about taking it all apart, painting it and having it be tight when I put it back together.

Has anyone taken one apart and put back together? Are there any considerations I should be mindful of? Will it be tight and hold a V1 1/60 diecast valk after it is put back together?

Here is a start of my idea....

gallery_4840_100_528323.jpg

gallery_4840_100_300864.jpg

So I guess I am just going to have to unscrew it, spray with a primer coat, spray with shades of gray, weather, dull coat, screw back together and see what happens.

Has anyone take one of these apart and put it back together and have it still work?

• 2 weeks later...

I took a used one that I bought apart last year because it needed some repairs. It's pretty straightforward; the only caveat is that the springs used to push the plunger into the ratchet mechanism are REALLY tough to get back in. I'd recommend using some needle nosed pliers to compress it and a strip of duct tape in front of it to help catch it and get it squeezed back in. Also be careful getting it out - it flies pretty far. ;) Good luck - it looks great!

• 3 months later...

Thanks sreichma and Good tip Boroboy. Ill anticipate that now.

Well after long sitting on my shelf I have picked it up again.

Decided on a different color scheme. Update pics from today...

med_gallery_4840_100_896856.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_1199384.jpg

Okay, well I ended up with two screws that I did not use so I must have done something wrong....

I still have to complete the control room

But here are some progress pics....

med_gallery_4840_100_417172.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_31240.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_614201.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_17726.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_375432.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_542359.jpg

Wow! if the Yamato stand actually came that way I would have gladly pay it's ridiculous price.

Really really GREAT work man!

Love the fanjet with Hikaru, Roy, the sodapop machine with Minmei and that little brat replicating the scene in SDFM. Awesome!! B))

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...