Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Make sure that your also looking for signs of cigarette smoke @TommyWMan as some collectors can be heavy smokers and leave either a yellow film on the item or it totally reeks of nicotine. 
Humidity and other issues will add to the problem and the previous owners will not often disclose it. 

The fact of the matter is if you're buying an unopened Bandai valkyrie that's several years old, you're playing Schrodinger's yellowing. 

If only there was a front flap and window so you could see the valkyrie without opening it... 

• 1 month later...

Here's how that came about:

1) Start doing review of VF-171EX toys. Pull all of them and their armor parts out of storage

2) Remember that the missiles from the armor parts fit on YF-30 toys so I pull that out too

3) Test to see if the missiles work on VF-1 toys. Then start using VF-1 missiles on other toys. 

4) Get a bunch of pictures of the YF-30 with some other missiles and go to add them to my YF-30 review and realize that it's not up to the standard of my more recent reviews

5) Update the YF-30 review with lots of new content and, seeing as it only had a transformation guide in one direction, make one of those also

6) Finally put the YF-30 toy away and turn my attention back to the VF-171 i was SUPPOSED to be reviewing all along. 

Shorter answer: It's new! 

Edited by jenius

There was one member that posted a Chronos that looked like it came from a restaurant that cooked curry and slathered in brown (bay leaves) and yellow (curry power) on the wings a few years ago. It was actually from a Manda listing and it got sold for ¥27k. 

All this talk of YF-30 yellowing made me concerned for the spare YF-30 I had in storage so I pulled her out of her box to make sure she was okay.

Does she appear yellow at all or is the color imbalance between the painted parts and the plastic just the usual poor Bandai color matching? My other YF-30 is has been modified so I can't use her as a point of reference.

YF-30yellowing001.jpg.15a9e0d82036713ac9e283b624c47b5b.jpg

YF-30yellowing002.jpg.62ae186821d4770073ce8161f182cb4e.jpg

23 hours ago, jenius said:

Here's how that came about:

1) Start doing review of VF-171EX toys. Pull all of them and their armor parts out of storage

2) Remember that the missiles from the armor parts fit on YF-30 toys so I pull that out too

3) Test to see if the missiles work on VF-1 toys. Then start using VF-1 missiles on other toys. 

4) Get a bunch of pictures of the YF-30 with some other missiles and go to add them to my YF-30 review and realize that it's not up to the standard of my more recent reviews

5) Update the YF-30 review with lots of new content and, seeing as it only had a transformation guide in one direction, make one of those also

6) Finally put the YF-30 toy away and turn my attention back to the VF-171 i was SUPPOSED to be reviewing all along. 

Shorter answer: It's new! 

Haha. Awesome!

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

All this talk of YF-30 yellowing made me concerned for the spare YF-30 I had in storage so I pulled her out of her box to make sure she was okay.

Does she appear yellow at all or is the color imbalance between the painted parts and the plastic just the usual poor Bandai color matching? My other YF-30 is has been modified so I can't use her as a point of reference.

she looks pretty white on my iPhone..

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hard to tell from the photos. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me or the lighting, but the wings and the fuselage don't look the same white as say the lower thighs and knees or the missile pod attachment arm, for example. I'd say it's white enough still in any case. 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Haha. Awesome!

she looks pretty white on my iPhone..

I remember there is slight difference in tone between parts when new.. some are slightly cooler and other areas are warmer white. So your's look pretty much as good as new.

On 3/12/2024 at 11:42 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Hard to tell from the photos. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me or the lighting, but the wings and the fuselage don't look the same white as say the lower thighs and knees or the missile pod attachment arm, for example. I'd say it's white enough still in any case. 

On 3/12/2024 at 11:54 PM, MKT said:

I remember there is slight difference in tone between parts when new.. some are slightly cooler and other areas are warmer white. So your's look pretty much as good as new.

Thanks for the input.

Before going back into storage, she's getting a panel wash and a topcoat in the hope that it will prevent future yellowing. Damn Bandai and their cheap plastics.