Which one should I get first for my collection?

chon1n

Hi,

I am about to buy my very first dx chogokin macross figure

May I know which one below do you guys recommend to get first to start my collection?

• VF-25g renewal
  • VF-171ex
  • YF-29 (Alto custom)
  • YF-29 (30th anni)

Thanks! :D

Edited by chon1n

They're all very good. Go with what design and color scheme you like the most. That said, if taking cost into consideration, the YF-29's are going to be harder to get and are selling at a much higher markup over MSRP.

I didn't search around but I recall seeing the 25G and and 171EX under $200 while the YF-29's were in the 280 range or so at Nippon-Yassan.

They're all very good. Go with what design and color scheme you like the most. That said, if taking cost into consideration, the YF-29's are going to be harder to get and are selling at a much higher markup over MSRP. I didn't search around but I recall seeing the 25G and and 171EX under $200 while the YF-29's were in the 280 range or so at Nippon-Yassan.

I like that design of 171EX but I read that the transformation for it is a pain in the ass..

I like both vf-25g and yf-29 designs, so it's hard to decide which to get first! I got a tight budget..so I can only get one for the time being.. :angry:

I'd go with a vf-25 first. It's cheaper than a yf-29 & looks good without any of the option packs (super/armor..). All three choices have a super pack option should you want to dress them up, but the 25 also has the armor pack, (hopefully a tornado pack soon). I have both the 25 and the 29 (and the 117ex w/ super pack on order) and would recommend either. I think it you should look at 1st - price, 2nd - availability and 3rd - personal preference.

Yeah go for what you want first if price is not a consideration. For bang for your buck, I'd recommend the VF-25G since it's still relatively cheap and I love that huge sniper rifle. The YF-29's are expensive and fiddly with all those canards and I always worried about handling it and damaging the canards. The VF-171 as some have said is quite difficult to transform, which takes some of the fun out of it. The VF-25G is easier to transform, cheaper, and looks badass.

Your choice also depends on how many you are getting. I knew that with my budget I could only get 1or 2 so I got the most memorable and iconic valks (1J Hikaru and 25F). I'd love the Fokker 29 but I can't show the box DVD box art or a Macross YouTube vid to a noob friend and say, "this is that guy" the way I can with my two. You know what I mean?

It like having a Star Trek collection and your first purchase is a very detailed, highly displayable Tholian ship. WT...?

That being said, I recommend you send me the money and let me choose for you. >;-D

Edited by Astralith

One question guys..is there anything i can do try prevent old white plastic from yellowing?

Plastic will degrade and eventually turn yellow in time. The good thing about recently released valks is that they seem to be made of better quality plastic than the 1st release 1/48's, so it might take a while before they turn yellow. I would suggest though, that you keep then away from direct sunlight and in a rather cool place inside your home.