Kurisama's Custom 1/60 Upgrades & Add-ons

Kurisama

Potentials for my next set of Custom Parts;  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Potentials for my next set of 1/60 Custom Parts;

• 1/60 APS-11 Armour for the VF-11
    • 1/60 '21 & '22 New Feet, Ankle and Shin parts to be Anime Accurate + other minor parts
    • 1/60 Queadluun Nona conversion pieces including new back-pack and new head sculpt
    • 1/60 Ghost X-9
    • 1/60 Anime-accurate GU-15 Gunpod for Arcadia YF-19
    • 1/60 Frontier FAST Packs for the Arcadia YF-19
    • Other? Please comment below!

Interested to see what you come up with. It is an interesting trade off, sacrificing the sleek belly plates for better legs. Would you also try and accommodate gunpod storage in the belly plates?

Those colors look better than all the ones they actually released! Especially the top two!

The idea of the new parts does sound good but i dont think I'd have the will to start pulling apart the four 21/22 valks i have plus painting everything up to match..

But...if it was just new legs, that would be easy enough to replace.

true.. but there would still be painting involved.. im not going out of my way to make excuses or anything.. im just lazy! :p:D

It would be good to repaint the M&M VF-22 pair to colors closer to their VF-1 versions but that would be a big job.

If they ever did renew those two 22's and paint them a better color then I would probably buy em!

New legs for the 22 would be interesting. Any thoughts on doing a new gunpod for the bandai VF-19?

gimmicky bending function aside I don't mind the gunpod! Has anyone fitted the Arcadia's gunpod to the Bandai yet? I reckon it would look a little out of scale..

Cool! VF-22's legs! Hope it's YF-21 compatible as well, Kurisama. Looking forward to it. ;)

Btw, any plans on refitting the Arm Cannon on Bandai's VF-19 Advanced? ^_^

I plan on having the thigh attach to the existing hip plug (that is 2 part housing on the ball joint) and making everything from the hip down, new. So it should be compatible on all the 21/22 series - the bracket that would be inserted to stiffen up the body would be a neutral or metallic grey, so no issues matching there.

I recently met someone who knows a guy locally that does resin casting etc and might be able to get these relatively cheap and ready made to order. We'll see how that goes and maybe it'll open up possibilities to make other kits i've made be relatively affordable.

No plans do do anything Bandai related except maybe the arm cannon - but until I get the measurements I need, no for now.

Interested to see what you come up with. It is an interesting trade off, sacrificing the sleek belly plates for better legs. Would you also try and accommodate gunpod storage in the belly plates?

I should stress that it will not be transformable with the legs attached - they'll need to be removed for fighter mode. Gunpod storage would definitely be on the cards as I'd be remaking the plates.

Those colors look better than all the ones they actually released! Especially the top two!

The idea of the new parts does sound good but i dont think I'd have the will to start pulling apart the four 21/22 valks i have plus painting everything up to match..

Thanks! I saw a '19 in Ozma colour and loved it so much - but I don't wanna paint my Arcadia 19!! I thought the scheme would translate well to a 21/22 - But I'm still 50/50 with that and doing a grey or green TV Rau inspired palette - we'll see.

See above with perhaps a chance of casting these in close colours.

New legs for the 22 would be interesting. Any thoughts on doing a new gunpod for the bandai VF-19?

As above, no plans to do anything Bandai related atm. Personally I don't like the elongated nozzle or slim design of the new 19Adv. gunpod - I'd sooner make an Arcadia gunpod that is anime accurate.

EDIT: Did a quick mock-up of parts list;

Green; Primary build

Red; Secondary sculpts

post-1623-0-68697400-1436098482_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurisama

The VF-22 legs would be great. If you do work on the VF-1X++ from Macross the Ride, and you also make the other parts for it, like the verniers in front of the cockpit, I'm in for two sets.

I plan on having the thigh attach to the existing hip plug (that is 2 part housing on the ball joint) and making everything from the hip down, new. So it should be compatible on all the 21/22 series - the bracket that would be inserted to stiffen up the body would be a neutral or metallic grey, so no issues matching there.

I recently met someone who knows a guy locally that does resin casting etc and might be able to get these relatively cheap and ready made to order. We'll see how that goes and maybe it'll open up possibilities to make other kits i've made be relatively affordable.

No plans do do anything Bandai related except maybe the arm cannon - but until I get the measurements I need, no for now.

I should stress that it will not be transformable with the legs attached - they'll need to be removed for fighter mode. Gunpod storage would definitely be on the cards as I'd be remaking the plates.

As above, no plans to do anything Bandai related atm. Personally I don't like the elongated nozzle or slim design of the new 19Adv. gunpod - I'd sooner make an Arcadia gunpod that is anime accurate.

EDIT: Did a quick mock-up of parts list;

Green; Primary build

Red; Secondary sculpts

attachicon.gif21-22 Parts.jpg

Thanks Kurisama. Looking forward to this. I assume, the new legs would be Gerwalk-compatible? And will the Fast Packs can be fitted to the underbelly bay doors as well?

Looking forward too if you're going to make an alternative Gunpod that looks like Arcadia's for the Bandai VF-19 Advanced and for the Arm Cannon too.

Anyways, good luck Kurisama. Looking forward to your project. ;)

As much as I'd love to see an X-9 Ghost from you, the VF-11's armour would absolutely kill it, especially since there is next to zero chance Arcadia would reissue the vf-11 mold and even less take a stab at an armour addon for it.

Are the 1/48 GBP DYRL hands different from the 1/60 yammies/arcadia DYRL hands? I had no intention on making them as they (DYRL gunpod holding hands) already exist!

Ah, forgive my ignorance. DYRL gun pod hands are with the previous arcadia DYRL releases. Thanks for clarifying that. :-)

Edited by Skull_2

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question. But how hard do you think it would be to 3D print new legs for the Yamato V1's Say everything behind the intake piece? And maybe include the V2 features?

It'd probably cost less to just buy a V2.

Kurisama, any chance of making the Macross the Ride parts?

Ah OK, yes - also saw your post a bit above Jasonc about the nose parts - that might be a bit tricky to get flush with the nose - don't have a Valk in hand right this minute - any way to remove the nose easily? It just make the parts and people can glue them?

On the old Yamato VF-1 the front cone of the nose is glued, so it can be hard to detached without damaging this cone, but if you got a replacement print or recast from the 1/60 assembly kits, it should be good.

Edit: also there is some sort of armor on the wing rotation area making them to fold like a VF-25 and the shield cover is different: it shows an angle much more like a VF-0

Edited by Xigfrid

You mean for the VF-1? I can't image people wanting to mess with any other 1/60 valk other than the abundant VF-1? From my Google-Fu (don't know a lot about MtR), is it just the head unit and leg armor for the VF-1X++?

For the 1/60 version just the leg parts and head. As was mentioned above, there is a modification to the wings to allow it to pivot VF-25 style and hip socket mod to allow a wider stance and the shorter tailfins.

From what I saw the 1/72 version has the nose piece, wing armor piece , wider wings, shorter tailfins, different leg boosters and foot mod.

Maybe there was 2 different versions of the VF-1X++ Like an original and revised one?

Hey Kurisama,

Any chance you'd be willing to work on DYRL-style hands for the GBP-1S armor set? I really liked the hands sets you've designed but would like to use them in conjunction with the GBP-1S set. It's also missing the gunpod-grip hand in bright white.

The VF-1X++ has the nose verniers, yes, and it's got the leg armor. It also has a vernier on each side of the wings, and the wings in transfromation do a transformation like the VF-25 wings, where they angle back. It also has shorter wings, I believe, and definitely shoter tail fins.

post-582-0-06004100-1438312490_thumb.jpg

I'd be interested in the YF-19 arm cannons for the new Bandai VF-19 Advance. I know you said you weren't planning on doing any bandai stuff, but that would be really cool.

I'll need very specific arm measurements - do you have a vernier caliper?

The VF-1X++ has the nose verniers, yes, and it's got the leg armor. It also has a vernier on each side of the wings, and the wings in transfromation do a transformation like the VF-25 wings, where they angle back. It also has shorter wings, I believe, and definitely shoter tail fins.

attachicon.gifoaprfr.jpg

Hmm, looks like I'll have to google some pics and collect - unless someone has a neat little collection at high rez? Is there official art>? Leg armour would be a pain - to get it to sit flush... The head unit will be the easiest and straight forward thing to make for sure, then the nose verniers - the other if, I decided to would be a lot trickier.

Hey Kurisama,

Any chance you'd be willing to work on DYRL-style hands for the GBP-1S armor set? I really liked the hands sets you've designed but would like to use them in conjunction with the GBP-1S set. It's also missing the gunpod-grip hand in bright white.

Um, yes? I could make ones to hold the gunpod - but my existing hands all work with the armour too - simple remove the grey piece with plug that sits in front of the wrist - and plug the hands in the valk's wrist as usual!

PS - anyone know a close-to-exact tamiya spray can colour that matches the TV VF-1A CF? Or the DYRL VF-1 off-white? Must be off-the-shelf Tamiya sprays.