I got my 1/48 VF-1J FP! I love this thing!

vlenhoff

the question is not to like it or not.

Who made the mistake? I think it's a mix between DYRL and TV.

I don't remember seeing a TV VF with UN SPACY on the leg. I may be wrong.

They should have put the U.N. SPACY on the stickers sheet.

Yeah, but you very rarely ever saw much in the way of markings in the original animation. I'm sure that was just to save on animation costs and time.

I opened up my copy of Macross: Perfect Memory, and in one of the original Kawamori sketches of the Hikaru 1J, you can clearly see the UN SPACY markings on the legs. I don't have a scanner handy, or I'd upload a pic. Someone else who has this book help me out here - it's the pic of the 1J in the spread-leg stance reaching towards the viewer on the upper-left of p 154, and again in the middle on P 159.

I seem to remember hearing something about those markings on VF-1s weren't really considered canon until Bandai (or maybe it was IMAI?) started releasing model kits based on the series. I could be way off base, though.

Batou, you dont have to scan it, I trust you.

But finding one drawing that has the UN SPACY doesnt mean much to me. The TV series doesn't use it. End of the story :) now you can find lots of different drawing all over the world, even rose or purple VF-1J so what? You know what I mean. I will remove the UN Spacy logo when i got mine for occuracy.

Batou, you dont have to scan it, I trust you.

But finding one drawing that has the UN SPACY doesnt mean much to me. The TV series doesn't use it. End of the story :) now you can find lots of different drawing all over the world, even rose or purple VF-1J so what? You know what I mean. I will remove the UN Spacy logo when i got mine for occuracy.

The UN SPACY logo isn't shown in DYRL either so I don't understand why you're complaining about the 1J.

hey vlenhoff i didn't notice all those panel lines at first !

Pretty good job. How long did it take to draw all the lines?

All night, but I also cut and applyed the stickers(not all of them of course), and downed about half a galon of Vanilla rum. Yep got pretty waisted last night, and my friends were also here so I had fun in every possible way :D

Now I feel :blink: SICK :blink:

It's funny but I like putting stickers on the 1/48 more than on the 1/60. I guess the 1/60s are way smaller.

Oh well,

Vic!

I don't get it, unless you used rum to do the lines ^_^

Or maybe to wipe out ink?

Glug Glug Glug

Well, I had some blood in my alcoholic system. I'm sick now, i don't know if it is the Flu, or some weird tropical virus from the Brazilian Jungle. The thing is that I'm not drinking today. My VF-1J is pretty good considering my steta of mine at the time. I'm so happy I didn't mess that one up.

Party on Guard, Mmmm, mmmm Minmey Guard that is.... :lol:

Vic

Here is a pic from the back. I love this Valk all around! I wish this was the first Yamato would've relesed. I'm very satisfied with all of my 1/48s! I have decided to keep my 1/60s as well, and hopefully Yamato releases the VF-0 & M+ on 1/60 scale. Lets hope. In the meantime the 1J's Hands are drying, so I can't transform it. I'll take some Gerwalk pics later on. Thanks for viewing the pics!

Vic.

post-4-1070889266_thumb.jpg

Is it your work shelve? Or is it home? Nice shelve!

Argh it hurt stop it !! stop it!!! i can't stand it anymore!! :wub:

EDIT : are the tomcats 1/48s?

you should make a Macross Zero 1/48 tomcat.

Yes it's my shelf, I'm not working today. Thanks

I can't stop! I can't stop! I slept 16 hrs yesterday, Ive been sick for the past 30 hrs. I can't sleep anymore, I feel like crap. :angry:

Tomcats are 1/48 :D

I really should, but my customising skill are, lets say, lazy :lol:

Thanks for the compliments!

Vic

Hey I didnt know they made multiple squadrons of the 1/48 F-14's you have. I can tell by the ugly fuel tanks you have the same one I do except mine is VF-111 "Sundowners" I think. I just really liked the tail art. Hmm interesting now I am gonna have to hunt to see if I can find a 1/48 jolly rogers tomcat. Nice panel lining BTW I like the 1/48 Hikaru 1J just not enough to go out and buy it :p

Rob :ph34r:

I was surprised that they printed on the U.N. Spacy lettering on the side. Hopefull they continue to do this. The only thing they would need would be to print the kite logo on the side of the cockpits.

What I don't get is how they can paint the small pilots so crisply but they can't get the stripes on the valks right. each one of them have overspray.

I was surprised that they printed on the U.N. Spacy lettering on the side. Hopefull they continue to do this. The only thing they would need would be to print the kite logo on the side of the cockpits.

What I don't get is how they can paint the small pilots so crisply but they can't get the stripes on the valks right. each one of them have overspray.

I do wish they would paint the Kites on the side of the cockpit... :(

Vic

Regarding the U.N. SPACY on the legs.

The U.N. SPACY logo is never visible on any valkyrie in either anime (TV or DYRL).

So, adding them to the Hikaru VF-1J makes just as much sense as adding them to any other valkyrie. The U.N. SPACY logo, to my knowledge, is (nearly?) always included and displayed on the Hikaru VF-1J whenever it is released as a model or toy. It is the "official" version of the toy.

I believe that the markings were too difficult and time-consuming to animate. Yet, my understanding is that they have been intended to be there on the VF-1J for as long as they have been put on the other valk models.

Batou's post that the original sketches show the U.N. SPACY clearly visible should seal the deal.

In my humble opinion, this is not a mistake on Yamato's part at all. Rather, they are just being consistent.

Best Regards,

Hurin

Edited by Hurin

The U.N. SPACY logo is never visible on any valkyrie in either anime (TV or DYRL).

Yeah... that's a pretty well known fact, but it's pretty sfe to assume that we all want those there and it would look a lot better if it was pre-printed by the factory than those stickers they come with. Ever since Bandai printed most of what use to be on the sticker sheets on the reissuesl, I can't help but wonder how much better the 1/48s would look with the larger stickers printed on the valk instead.

I'm not sure if it was visible on the fast packs but they managed to print the U.N. Spacy text on there also.

I'm not complaining about the past releases, I just hope they continue with the trend.

Edited by >EXO<

So, adding them to the Hikaru VF-1J makes just as much sense as adding them to any other valkyrie. The U.N. SPACY logo, to my knowledge, is (nearly?) always included and displayed on the Hikaru VF-1J whenever it is released as a model or toy. It is the "official" version of the toy.

I believe that the markings were too difficult and time-consuming to animate. Yet, my understanding is that they have been intended to be there on the VF-1J for as long as they have been put on the other valk models.

Batou's post that the original sketches show the U.N. SPACY clearly visible should seal the deal.

In my humble opinion, this is not a mistake on Yamato's part at all. Rather, they are just being consistent.

Best Regards,

Hurin

Of course they did the right thing. Do you know how hard is to apply a sticker and actually make it look good.

Vic