ANBU-AonE Macross Zero pt3

Hybridchild

i think you have a case of either too slow a processor or too many tsr's running while youre playing the file.

in other words, no, it shouldnt be choppy.

Hmm... It's possible. I'm about due for a new mobo and CPU (and more/faster RAM NEVER hurts). But didn't have any problems with A-One/ANBU's Ep 1 or Ep 2...

Might have to burn it to VCD or something and see how it looks through progressive scan on my Sony 16:9 HDTV. ;)

I dumped all my M0 eps on to VCD...

...not choppy on my DVD player, and looks/sounds awesome on a big screen with full surround. :D

Hmmm.....never tried burning a downloaded anime before.

So let me get this straight, if I burn the downloaded Macross Zero .avi file onto a CD-R, you are saying that it will play without problems in a standalone DVD player?

Graham

Not all DVD players play avi files. They're saying convert it to a VCD. There's certain programs that can do that but I'm not sure which ones because I've never successfully done it. It lets you convert the file and burn it to a cd-rom to make it into a VCD that you can play in your DVD player, that is if your DVD player plays VCDs. VCD I've heard is somewhere around VHS quality.

Ahh...so there is some conversion involved first.

Hmm.......guess I'll have to do some research on converting avi files to whatever format it is that VCDs are in.

Anyway, both my standalone DVD players will play VCDs, as VCDs are a very popular format here in HK. Most movies get released here in both DVD and VCD format. VHS is just not released here at all, it's completey dead, as I suspect it is in most of the rest of the world. Heck even the rental shops here like Blockbuster don't have VHS to rent anymore, it's all VCD & DVD.

Oh, and VCD video quality sucks. It's worse than VHS IMO. It's fine for watching dramas and chick flicks, but try watching a special effects movie or action movie and there is just too much pixilation. I've never understood why VCDs are so popular here. Well, actually, it's the low price.

Graham

Ahh...so there is some conversion involved first.

Hmm.......guess I'll have to do some research on converting avi files to whatever format it is that VCDs are in.

Anyway, both my standalone DVD players will play VCDs, as VCDs are a very popular format here in HK. Most movies get released here in both DVD and VCD format. VHS is just not released here at all, it's completey dead, as I suspect it is in most of the rest of the world. Heck even the rental shops here like Blockbuster don't have VHS to rent anymore, it's all VCD & DVD.

Oh, and VCD video quality sucks. It's worse than VHS IMO. It's fine for watching dramas and chick flicks, but try watching a special effects movie or action movie and there is just too much pixilation. I've never understood why VCDs are so popular here. Well, actually, it's the low price.

Graham

If you want to look at making discs, Doom9 seems to be pretty authoritive - you have to wade through a bunch of info to get to the info you want, but it's all there. He also seems to keep up with the codecs and all, so you should be able to keep updated as well.

I think almost all of the programs he uses are free/share/trial ware so you shouldn't have to purchase anything.

Graham, there are several VCD formats, plus a hybrid format known as "mini-DVD" which is DVD-type data stored on a VCD. SVCD is reportedly about as good as DVD, and mini-DVD should be just as good. Quality of the others varies. The hitch is that none of them will hold as much data as a DVD. Also, no all players can handle all formats, especially mini-DVD.

I'm sure the sites which have been suggested are excellent. However, my original introduction to all this was in a couple of FAQs which I found back when I got my player, and they still might be useful. Unfortunately, they're in German, but babelfish will do a reasonable job of translating.

http://www.dvdboard.de/vcdfaq.html

http://members.fortunecity.de/ninmachine/xvcd.html

When will this series be liscenced and we can't distrub the fansubs anymore?

BTW, how many eps is it? 26?

Supposedly. PIONEER (?) licensed Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex somewhere between Episodes 22 and 23. That's why we don't see any new (Laughing Man) Fansubs after #22.

Several months ago Production I.G. stated that they extend SAC's to 52 episodes. B))B))B))

Supposedly. PIONEER (?) licensed Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex somewhere between Episodes 22 and 23. That's why we don't see any new (Laughing Man) Fansubs after #22.

Several months ago Production I.G. stated that they extend SAC's to 52 episodes. B))B))B))

ahem...I think he´s talking about M0 , not GITS:SAC.

ahem...I think he´s talking about M0 , not GITS:SAC.

GitS:SAC has licensed by Bandai since it was still in pre-production. More exactly, Bandai helped produce it.

this is a dvd-encoded only version right? too bad my old comp cant view it - but i can view infusions version, which makes me happy. too bad, i really like anbu's subs - especially for Naruto of course!

It's video sourse is from a DVD, so the video should be cleaner,, If your computer can view the Infusion version you should be able to view this version too. In ways this version used less CPU power.

What do you mean by DVD-encoded verison.. do you mean is the ANbu verion a DVD file?, meaning a file over 1 gig?. If that's the case , no. this is just another *.avi file.

Do you have Bittorrent? If not, get it here: http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

I do now, thanks :)

But I'm only getting 1 or 2 KB/sec. :( Are there any other mirrors that might be faster?

EDIT: Things picked up and I got the file. However, when I try and play it in MediaPlayer, I get a error for downloading the codec and only get the sound. What is the codec I need? Cheers for any help :)

Edited by Prime

Do you have Bittorrent? If not, get it here: http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

I do now, thanks :)

But I'm only getting 1 or 2 KB/sec. :( Are there any other mirrors that might be faster?

EDIT: Things picked up and I got the file. However, when I try and play it in MediaPlayer, I get a error for downloading the codec and only get the sound. What is the codec I need? Cheers for any help :)

You'll need a codec to view this file. I recommend getting FFDSHOW, it's supports lot of different codec, like xvid, divx 3.11, 4 and 5, etc.

you can get the file here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow...23.exe?download

Edited by F360°

You'll need a codec to view this file.  I recommend getting FFDSHOW, it's supports lot of different codec, like xvid, divx 3.11, 4 and 5, etc.

you can get the file here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow...23.exe?download

Thanks, I'll give that a go... :)

EDIT: Got it to work. Thanks for your help everyone!

Edited by Prime