Macross Digital Mission VF-X Official Program

VF5SS

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/games_vfxprogram.htm

There's a lot of goodies within this book I've never seen anywhere else. Or if I have seen them, it was done with scans from 10 years ago.

I have no scanner at the moment but here's a sample.

post-1819-0-53141200-1327601187_thumb.jpg

Clearer line art of the special VF-1 FAST packs seen in the intro movie. One of five VF-1 transformation animatics. And a gigantic bazooka thing.

post-1819-0-95646400-1327601277_thumb.jpg

One of two VF-17 transformation animatics and line art for the "Stealth" Zentradi machines.

Edited by VF5SS

Actually I was wondering if you guys could tell me more about those Magic Wand style portable scanners. I've heard mixed reviews but I think it'd a great way to scan some old books without wrecking their bindings.

And to be fair to Graham, the book does have a lot of "how to play the game" pages which aren't that exciting due to the incredibly low-res screencaps they use. However there is a lot of painted backdrops, production artwork, and other general planning details that are really cool.

Pretty cool! I like how they are planning the transformations. I really wish VF-X was being made again for systems like PS3 or Xbox they would have to really push the appeal more. I feel we'd get more gamplay elements than the original.

Edited by leading edge

There's nothing really worth saving from VF-X that you can't just access in the original game. By that I mean the voices and cutscenes since again, the gameplay is just a primitive version of what the later games would do.

Collect all the Milky Dolls and they'll perform a concert for you.

I get that remaking a game may change the aspects of what it was like from the era it wa introduced, but still it would be nice to see something like this made again. There are too few Macross games given the size of the franchise.

I got a refurbished Vupoint wand scanner

it's not the best but I'm happy with the results

here's some samples

I need to work on the edge scanning but it works fine for specific pictures on a page

post-1819-0-05824500-1328727103_thumb.jpg

post-1819-0-59038600-1328727126_thumb.jpg

I don't know why everyone has to crib Miho Miho's naming style

I get that remaking a game may change the aspects of what it was like from the era it wa introduced, but still it would be nice to see something like this made again. There are too few Macross games given the size of the franchise.

The PSP games are basically every 3D Macross shooter put together, and much, MUCH more, and much, MUCH better. Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Triangle Frontier ARE "something like this being made again". Don't take my word for it -- Check them out yourself.