Guest davidwhangchoi

cheesy metal intro that sounds like a boss from a ps2 game/anime but the vocals are incredible...

ace of base the sign cover:

another short cover of it:

Guest davidwhangchoi

thanks, i found that recently when looking for a live version of so cruel. it looks like it was from Q magazine.

Duran Duran is also an 80's group like remembering listening to on the radio. i kept getting them confused with Wham! when i was little.

this is an aussie gospel band that has a song with the same essence as Come Undone

Kind of tangential to this thread, but the memorable Eli Wallach died and I cannot help but wanting to hear Morricone's memorable "Ecstasy of Gold" from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. So long Tuco!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Waynes World! Waynes World! i would to hear that phrase repeated twice by everyone until it got stuck in my head lol

Alphaville - Forever Young

Shameless self-promotion in the music thread again. (I literally don't listen to anything except tracks to preview anymore, it's kind of sad really.)

This was inspired by an imaginary pool party I had crossed with my excitement to be visiting Hawaii again very soon.

Links:
https://soundcloud.com/jdcb-1/vitamin-sea-1
http://www.mixcloud.com/JDCB/vitamin-sea/

Also, davidwhangchoi, there's a great Bill Hamel remix of Forever Young from about seven years back if you're interested in listening. However, it's not laid back like the original.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Also, davidwhangchoi, there's a great Bill Hamel remix of Forever Young from about seven years back if you're interested in listening. However, it's not laid back like the original.

yeah throw up the link :) i'm listening to your mix, it has a nice vibe to it. first song i'm digging

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I was wrong, it's from eight years ago. I couldn't find the full length version, only the "Edit" from the CD album.

That first track... I've shared a few songs by Jody Wisternoff before. He's pretty much been nailing it for twenty years.

If I keep having to continuously hear the song "Let It Go", I'd much, much rather it'd be this version.

The drummer, Higuchi passed away early.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I've got to pick up this series. I don't even remember what was on TV opposite of this back in the day.

i have the set on dvd, love it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's really hot today on the east coast:

classic kpop

DJ DOC My Success Story (story of getting a girl with some comedy) wish my Korean was better.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Are there any other MWers who caught New Order in SF last night? Sumner still has the skills with the guitar, but I think he's lost some high vocal ranges. Or maybe he was tired of singing Bizzare Love Triangle. La Roux opened for them, and they were definitely into it. The lead had a Max Headroom look going for her.

Are there any other MWers who caught New Order in SF last night? Sumner still has the skills with the guitar, but I think he's lost some high vocal ranges. Or maybe he was tired of singing Bizzare Love Triangle. La Roux opened for them, and they were definitely into it. The lead had a Max Headroom look going for her.

I wish, that would have been awesome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDzSaWIMm3k

This "pop"ped into my head today for some reason so I thought I'd post it.

Yeah, yeah, Batman Forever sucked. The soundtrack was actually pretty damn wicked though.

I don't much care for Bono's voice in this recording but the guitars have some MASSIVE balls.

And while I'm on the subject of tracks from Batman Forever, I was reminded of this bizarre Fluke remix of The End Is The Beginning Is The End that sounds more like a mash-up of Smashing Pumpkins with their own Atom Bomb track.