Custom Yamato Line Art

Dunno if any of you know about the Concept Ships blog. There is some really cool concept scifi art that is broken into categories for vehicles, ships, robots and tanks. The banner for the month of July is a concept ship for the Yamatoverse. There is also about 9 to 10 pics of other concept ships done up in the style of the Yamatoverse. The pics that are included are very, very cool and there is lots of detail in each pic. When you get to the link, just scroll down a bit. The artwork changes every couple days.

Concept Ships

Also mentioned at the top is another blog that also contains more Yamato concept art: Lighthouse

Thought all the Yamato fans here would appreciate seeing this stuff. If this was mentioned in the past, please forgive me.

B))

Edited by Capt Hungry

Dunno if any of you know about the Concept Ships blog. There is some really cool concept scifi art that is broken into categories for vehicles, ships, robots and tanks. The banner for the month of July is a concept ship for the Yamatoverse. There is also about 9 to 10 pics of other concept ships done up in the style of the Yamatoverse. The pics that are included are very, very cool and there is lots of detail in each pic. When you get to the link, just scroll down a bit. The artwork changes every couple days.

Concept Ships

Also mentioned at the top is another blog that also contains more Yamato concept art: Lighthouse

Thought all the Yamato fans here would appreciate seeing this stuff. If this was mentioned in the past, please forgive me.

B))

Thanks for sharing, I've been a subscriber to that blog for some time now, nice to spread the word about it!

You're both welcome! I stumbled across the Concept Ships site by accident and now I usually visit it at least once a week. There is some very cool stuff to look at. The imaginations of the artists are quite amazing.

i just has such a huge nerdgasm that i really need to change my shorts. the Ibuki Light CV totally had me at hello.....

odd though. i searched and found common macross images but nothing unique. nothing at all when you search for Battletech/Mechwarrior. Is CBT pretty much unknown or uncared for in Japan because the property has zero exposure because there is no anime for it?

Edited by pensives_wetness

There is a Japanese version of Battletech, but as far as I know, there's only a sourcebook. The mech designs are VERY different compared to what you see in Classic Battletech.

To wit: Japanese Battletech

Those are the only "custom" designs that I am aware of. Dunno how much exposure BT had/has in Japan.

Edited by Capt Hungry

I wish the Arizona looked a little more like its real life counterpart. At least the Yamato despite being all gussied up still looked like the real life yamato not some generic ship.

I like the Petr Veliki, its obviously supposed to be a mass produced of the movie version Arcadia.

I love the tributes to the spitfire, mustang, and the viking.

The Ibuki looks like a deathtrap. Very few anti aircraft guns, and the rear facing turrent is essentially useless with its firing angles blocked.

Those designs are much better compared to what showed up in the original BT game books.

There was a website showing pictures of the Japanese version of the BT mechs as well - they ALL looked much better then the BT designs (excepting the stuff stolen from Anime shows to begin with)

Hey, looking for line art/detailed images of Yamato from the 2010 live action film, anyone know if there's a technical manual out for it or images online?