Is that why diesels aren't as popular in the US for family cars? Wondered about that one, the greater efficiency, durability and torque of that type of engine seems ideal for American conditions.

Mainly propaganda. Currently they have everyone believing that hybrids and smart cars are the best green automobile. That and dealers can't make as much money in servicing diesels.

Cars being heavy:

The addition of sound deadener, high end stereo, premium leather, sensors galore, 18" or more rims, bigger motors, safety equipment, unnecessary safety equipment, heavier passengers.

TG US ins't too bad. It's not like the UK version but it doesn't try to be.

eh? :huh: But didn't Top Gear UK already do an ep with the same challenge? (only with an Apache, IIRC)

...and they managed to bugger a Cobra gunship while filming--presumably--a similar episode for Top Gear Korea...

I'm not much of a big block fan--prefer the concept of better balance/handling achievable with small block power. But h3ll, I like this car...

thehammer_01.jpg

specs from the mag article:

Engine: No portly Hemi here. Kibler's Performance built the 500ci Mopar wedge motor. Scat crank and rods and JE pistons cut down on mass. It's topped with Mopar Performance Stage 6 aluminum heads and force-fed with a D1-SC ProCharger centrifugal blower setup with custom brackets by The Supercharger Store. Schumacher Creative Services built the headers which dump into dual 3-inch Flowmaster exhaust. EFI is by FAST.Performance: 750 hp (est.)Transmission: Eric plans to road race his Road Runner, so a Passon Performance-prepped A833 four-speed stick and a Centerforce clutch does the shifting.Rearend: The Chrysler 831/44-inch rearend encases a lightweight Mopar Performance aluminum carrier with Dutchman axles and gears from Randy's Ring & Pinion.

IMG_20120122_091447.jpg

My contribution.

Mods:

Cobb stage 2 93 oct tune.

SPT strut bar

SPT short shifter + SPT bushing

SPT catback

Perrin downpipe

White line sways 21"f, 19 r

Ralitek endlinks

Cobb heat shield

Momo/subaru Shiftknob

Audio: JVC unit with USB and rockford fotgate amp & sub. Infinity speakers.

Weathertech carpets

Some mods were removed for my driving pleasure. Sometimes a car too low, or overly stiff can kill the pleasure in a daily driver. I am just sharing my ride with you all. If you have pics of your rides please post them. I believe I saw A7's car pics here before. I love most cars, and I love this thread. I'll try and contribute to the thread with some pictures of the newest cars i can find.

Edited by vlenhoff

My apologies for posting away from the diesel topic, but I need your guy's opinion on color. You see, after many years my '69 Charger is finally getting its paint and body work done, and I need to select a color. It's been orange since I've owned it and everyone including the body shop is insisting I pick a different color. My personal finalists were plum crazy (a deep purple), sublime (lime-greenish-neon-yellow sort of thing) or just keeping it orange. There were some suggestions of painting it flat black or silver, not unlike the Charger used in Blade and the Fast and Furious movies, but right now "everyone" seems to be doing those colors. Also, I was thinking about getting a fiberglass hood and keeping it flat black. So what do you guys think?

IMG_0522-1-1.jpg

Any opinions and suggestions are appreciated...

Plum Crazy and Sublime are great colors, but I'd go in a different direction.

White. Black is "bad ass," and purple is "cool," but white almost makes these old beasts classy. Or as classy as they can be.

Plus, it really just looks good. I'd pick up some new wheels though.

And unless you are upgrading your carbs, adding a blower, or planning on taking it to the track don't get a fiberglass hood.

Is it me the only one thinking the designs coming from this Italian manufacturer are less then pleasing then the Korean manufacturer

Yip, and I don't mean to sound like an all out ****, but there is something really wrong if you're comparing a Ferrari to that Korean thing that is just a copied Mazda.

Edited by Omegablue

Koenigsegg's latest incarnation of their supercar is the Agera R. Its supercharged 5-liter V8 generates 1,140 bhp and 738 lb-ft torque. Weighing in at 3,163 lbs., the Agera R is claimed to achieve a top speed of 273 mph. One highlight of this car is its use of hollow, all-carbon fiber wheels made from Koenigsegg's proprietary Aircoreâ„¢ Technology, saving approximately 20 kg in unsprung mass on each wheel.

2013-Koenigsegg-Agera-R-Black-1920x1440.jpg

2013-Koenigsegg-Agera-R-Red-1920x1440.jpg

2013-Koenigsegg-Agera-R-Interior-1600x1200.jpg

2013-Koenigsegg-Agera-R-Triplex-Suspension-1920x1440.jpg

2013-Koenigsegg-Agera-R-Aircore-Close-Up-1920x1440.jpg

2013 Koenigsegg Agera R

Yip, and I don't mean to sound like an all out ****, but there is something really wrong with you if you're comparing a Ferrari to that Korean *** that is just a copied Mazda.

Yes, I have taste,, or you could say there is really something wrong with what Ferrari is putting onto the street

Yes, I have taste,, or you could say there is really something wrong with what Ferrari is putting onto the street

Each to his own. Some like blondes, some brunettes, some red heads, and others even rainbow punk. :p

All good bud. ;)

I still remain that those Korean things are just refined Mazdas.

Each to his own. Some like blondes, some brunettes, some red heads, and others even rainbow punk. :p

All good bud. ;)

I still remain that those Korean things are just refined Mazdas.

:) no prob, I just hate what the Italian company has been putting out lately, but I love Ferrari

:) no prob, I just hate what the Italian company has been putting out lately, but I love Ferrari

I'm not to going argue with regards to the FF Ferrari. Total fail in my view. Double gearbox to lower it by a few inches? WTF.

Though the 458 for me is the primus of the modern Ferrari. :wub: Sitting in one of those and driving it was almost like a jizzing marathon. And it looks absolutely stunning.

This F12, is pretty but doesn't look like it came from the same factory of the 458.

And when comparing this F12 to the 550 Maranello, it does looks rather weak. That I will agree. But not about the Korean toys. :p

Edited by Omegablue

Plum Crazy and Sublime are great colors, but I'd go in a different direction.

White. Black is "bad ass," and purple is "cool," but white almost makes these old beasts classy. Or as classy as they can be.

Plus, it really just looks good. I'd pick up some new wheels though.

And unless you are upgrading your carbs, adding a blower, or planning on taking it to the track don't get a fiberglass hood.

You know I was just thinking about white the other day, and that's what the original color of the car was anyway. As for the wheels......yeah I've always wanted new ones but don't even know where to begin. 99% of wheels styles out there DO NOT belong on classic cars, and I don't want to do the Torq-Thrust dance because everyone else has them already. If you guys like a certain type of wheel or even what size of wheel you prefer I'd like to hear about it; I'm planning on getting 17's, possibly 18's...

Oversize rallye wheels, that's cool! As for the turbine wheels, I might have considered those in a larger size than I already have, but I'm sure they don't make it any larger than 15". In regards to Foose-no way. Anything larger than 18" on a car looks cartoonish to me; even the local exotics dealer with the Aston Martins parked outside with their 20" wheels look, I dunno, strange IMO. Some cars can pull off 20" or larger, most of them can't, again in my humble opinion. Besides, unless you're pushing serious torque larger wheels will just kill your performance right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Unfortunately, I think I might go with a Torq-Thrust II type wheel, possibly in a grey/gunmetal to try and be unique as well as keep my car as low key as possible...

Edited by myk

Plus two, his designs are outdated fast. I like the rallies and low profile tires that fill the wheel wells, I had a set of 17" TT II's love that style

Oh really? Cool, what kind of a car were they on?

I'm not to going argue with regards to the FF Ferrari. Total fail in my view. Double gearbox to lower it by a few inches? WTF.

Though the 458 for me is the primus of the modern Ferrari. :wub: Sitting in one of those and driving it was almost like a jizzing marathon. And it looks absolutely stunning.

This F12, is pretty but doesn't look like it came from the same factory of the 458.

And when comparing this F12 to the 550 Maranello, it does looks rather weak. That I will agree. But not about the Korean toys. :p

The 458 is really the only Ferrari i've liked since the 360, I didn't care for the 430 or any of the FR cars they've had since the 550, and haven't liked any of their flagship supercars since the F40. I think when you look at design in relation to your market, Hyundai is making extremely likeable cars, obviously they're not making super cars so it's an apples to oranges comparison. I like seeing Hyundai's design and engineering direction (almost all of their new lineup will have direct injection, and in a lot of cases a turbo to accompany it) and when i see new designs from them they're class leading. Look at the new Sonata against any of the cars in its class; it's to the point where the other manufacturers have to play catch up... to Hyundai! Ford is trying to make their Fusion look like an Aston Martin and is even deciding to steal a page from Hyundai and build their chassis around a four cylinder (no shoehorning V6's).

I can see the comparison of Hyundai to Mazda, but being a Mazda owner (RX8, 3), i can say that i prefer certain Hyundai designs over what Mazda currently has to offer (the 6 still sucks and the Sonata looks better, 3 trumps Elantra and the RX8 is discontinued but the '13 Genesis Coupe is a good looking car). Ferrari's design is obviously going to be held to supercar standards, and 458 aside, i don't care for the rest of their current lineup compared to other super cars (past, present). I will absolutely agree that the 458 is some hot crap, there's a Ferrari dealer not five minutes from my house and i see Ferrari's on the road all the time, it never gets old seeing one drive past you.

The Ford/Mazda connection is still pretty obvious. I love the aggressive front end treatment of the upcoming Fusion--it looks out of place on a mid-size family mover, in fact. But aside from the front end, hood and tail lights, pretty much everywhere else--overall proportions, shapes, panel line angles/placement--the '13 Fusion is well nigh indistinguishable from the current Mazda 6--which is due for an update!

ford-fusion-2013.jpeg

2010_mazda_mazda6-pic-7426874710126459959.jpeg

2013-ford-fusion-photo-02.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

mazda_6.jpg

Oversize rallye wheels, that's cool! As for the turbine wheels, I might have considered those in a larger size than I already have, but I'm sure they don't make it any larger than 15". In regards to Foose-no way. Anything larger than 18" on a car looks cartoonish to me; even the local exotics dealer with the Aston Martins parked outside with their 20" wheels look, I dunno, strange IMO. Some cars can pull off 20" or larger, most of them can't, again in my humble opinion. Besides, unless you're pushing serious torque larger wheels will just kill your performance right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Unfortunately, I think I might go with a Torq-Thrust II type wheel, possibly in a grey/gunmetal to try and be unique as well as keep my car as low key as possible...

17's are a good balance between performance and cornering vs rotating mass, some use the combinations like 18 and 19 or 18 and 17. Drag racing you want 15s and 16 - 17 up front anything beyond 19s are playing on looks alone

17's are a good balance between performance and cornering vs rotating mass, some use the combinations like 18 and 19 or 18 and 17. Drag racing you want 15s and 16 - 17 up front anything beyond 19s are playing on looks alone

I guess you're right. I know of a guy running 17's up front and 18's in the back but I don't know if I'm ready for the Hot Wheels look, lol. I'm definitely narrowing in on 17 or 18" gunmetal torq-thrust 2 type wheels...

I guess you're right. I know of a guy running 17's up front and 18's in the back but I don't know if I'm ready for the Hot Wheels look, lol. I'm definitely narrowing in on 17 or 18" gunmetal torq-thrust 2 type wheels...

I think that would look killer,I like the the color and it might look great on the car too