STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

2 hours ago, tekering said:

The fans have spoken... and Hasbro is listening. 😲

Shocking, I know.

But Emily (the one who posted this) is a genuine Star Wars collector who’s one of Hasbro’s better spokespersons and she doesn’t just spew out the usual corporate-speak.

. . . Just amazing that we’re finally getting all these late seasons Rebels figures, a Revan with an accurate mask, an updated Dooku, and an updated ANH Leia.

Now if they were to finally make a Pong Krell, that would hit practically all of my most wanted items.

50 minutes ago, connor99 said:

Bring on the A-Wing Fighter. And here’s hoping that it won’t be as horrible as the X-Wing Fighter in this line. 

Will probably be fine, provided you don't mind it being a repaint of the Last Jedi/McQuarrie concept, rather than the actual ROTJ type.  The X-Wing has always looked incredibly cheap and disappointing from every picture I've seen though.

I've also seen a new Y-Wing for order on Amazon, but given they want over $50 for it, I'll wait until it's on par with the rest of the ships that size before even considering it.  It definitely looks like it has better proportions than the old Action Fleet version, but I admit, having the Bandai model kits has spoiled me with how good they all look, and everything else feels cheap and janky by comparison now.

Edited by Chronocidal

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Will probably be fine, provided you don't mind it being a repaint of the Last Jedi/McQuarrie concept, rather than the actual ROTJ type.  The X-Wing has always looked incredibly cheap and disappointing from every picture I've seen though.

I've also seen a new Y-Wing for order on Amazon, but given they want over $50 for it, I'll wait until it's on par with the rest of the ships that size before even considering it.  It definitely looks like it has better proportions than the old Action Fleet version, but I admit, having the Bandai model kits has spoiled me with how good they all look, and everything else feels cheap and janky by comparison now.

Agreed. I now tend to use the Bandai model kits as a means of comparison. 

The MGS A-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and TIE Bomber were up for preorder a long time ago on Amazon.  I'll see when mine come in as the release date was pushed back.  I'll be posting my MGS Imperial Shuttle in the other Star Wars thread as one of my rare Star Wars items.  :D

Edited by sh9000

Got a surprise from Amazon, and my pair of Imperial shuttles arrived today.  Really nice overall, though a little oddly over-engineered.  That may seem like a funny thing to say, but I think they might have benefited from a few features being simplified.

Mainly, I was surprised to see the wings are geared to rotate together.  That's a nifty feature.. but it kind of falls flat when the wings aren't actually aligned.  They aren't terribly off, but it's definitely noticeable.  I imagine it's just a gearing problem, but both of mine are misaligned in exactly the same way, so I have to assume they just didn't tune the design correctly.

The other odd thing is that they spring-loaded the boarding ramp.  It pulls down, and locks, then retracts with a button push.  Maybe they just couldn't work a locking mechanism in otherwise?  I will give them props on the main gear though, since those fold out and lock in place nicely, which is a big improvement over the sloppy gear on the Falcon.

Really like the detailing in the engines, since they went beyond what the old Action Fleet version did.  Instead of a big blue panel, they actually modeled a pair of capsule-shaped nozzles into the back end.

ss(2023-09-27at05_22.47).jpg.89afddb0180e0af948f0adb282db4b60.jpgss(2023-09-27at05_22.18).jpg.ed7a369d7606c878dd44bac571fae384.jpgss(2023-09-27at05_22.30).jpg.4f3bb823b3aa7d596fb2fdb32817a912.jpg

I'd still love to get a Bandai kit of this ship, but this one is a much more manageable size than the old MPC one, pretty much ideal.  Going off of the "popular" stated length of 58 feet, that would make this about 1/87 scale (basically HMR-scaled, funny enough).  I think the upper fin might be a little undersized, just to get it into the packaging, but it looks the part well enough.  Proportionally, it matches up very well with the X-Wing tabletop game miniature, so it's possible they used it as the pattern.

Edited by Chronocidal

Side note about the wing mechanism... I tried to take the thing apart to un-knacker the wing alignment.

In a word: Don't.  Jazwares apparently went to the Bandai school of assembly overkill.  Five of the seven main screws came out with no problem, but the remaining two were stripped smooth, had glue poured into their sockets, and covers jammed over them into a solid block of molten plastic.  I tried to drill one out, and without drilling into the screw, there's nothing that's going to get it undone.

So, the wings are just cockeyed.  Also, they really do not want to come out of the sockets, so once you put the thing together, it's unlikely you're going to get it apart without damaging it.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TVC Announcements for Spring 2024:

* Rogue One Andor 🤷‍♂️;

* Force Awakens Finn 🤷‍♂️;

* Phase I Clean Clone Trooper (bigger helmet, I guess?);

* 4-Pack of Captain Enoch and 3 Nightroopers;

* Season 3/4 Rebels Ezra (separate from the Ghost and in the pipeline);

Rebels Zeb (separate from the Ghost and in the pipeline);

* Season 1/2 Rebels Kanan (in the pipeline); and 

* Count Dooku :good:

IMG_6597.jpeg.5ede3a09bb85af8fde451e812d8778e4.jpeg
IMG_6598.jpeg.95253df9edecff94a322e790bd7369f7.jpeg

Wish the face was slightly more elongated.  But this is one that’s been in sore need of an update.

Edited by Mog