Toynami VF-1(wave 2) durability?

GXPT2000

always wondered..what kind of plastic do they use for the toynami 1/100 VF-1s..?

do they use crispy plastic like model kits?? or do they use ABSy hard plastic??

I really hope for a scale for plastic durability...:p

and i am a person that is careful on toys(models)..but not so much at times..

I just really want a 1/100 VF-1.. and don't want to build one XD

always wondered..what kind of plastic do they use for the toynami 1/100 VF-1s..?

get the bandai hi-metal then. It's really quite good.

Here's Jenius' review of them, they blow the toynami version clean out of the water and they're comparable with the larger 1/60 version in terms of line art accuracy, features and articulation

http://anymoon.com/blog/2010/07/06/bandai-hi-metal-1100-vf-1/

Edited by eugimon

basing from your statement..

toynami will be good on you.. coz your a caring toy owner.

the crispiness is on the socket joints (leg and tail wing)

just apply some glue gun on some joints to stiffen it (temporarily) youre good to go.

heres some quick comparison pic as to bandai's vf 1/100 hi-metals

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

its cheap

its fun

its customizable

its a nice rendition of the vf valkyrie.. i dont like the bot mode..just the plane rendition only

its cheap :)

heres my toynami squadron

IMG_7593.JPG

These are pretty neat and inexpensive to own. Comes with a nice assortment of add-ons and is very simple to transform. Plus the additional Strike/Super Packs are priced to own. You really can't go wrong with these.

post-2246-129611083498_thumb.jpg

These are pretty neat and inexpensive to own. Comes with a nice assortment of add-ons and is very simple to transform. Plus the additional Strike/Super Packs are priced to own. You really can't go wrong with these.

Are those the 1/100 Toynami's? Is that green one a custom? Looks awesome!

i've got another question though...and this is quite important..

is the Hikaru VF-1J pure white???

since I have seen photos and it doesn't look really..white..(more like an off white...)

makes me wonder...sinxe the VF-1J needs pure white to look nice..

I got a low viz special or collectors of whatever edition, a cannon fodder 1A and 1J M&M's, they all broke within a week. I found them ugly, cheap, and very brittle, but that's just my take, I've heard others say their figures are fine, that and I don't know if the ones I had were even version 2 or not, I got them all at the same time. A lot of people like the cheap price, but I'd say from personal experience, PASS.

Given the choice I'd go with the Bandai Hi-Metal... but the Toynami 1/100s do have an important advantage. The Toynami ones are really easy to find. I got my first one at a brick and mortar anime store with a really limited selection, and I got my second one at a street vendor's booth at last year's Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC.

No

No it doesn't, but to each his own.

true..but at least I think it needs it..since it looks kind of yellowyish in some pictures..

Given the choice I'd go with the Bandai Hi-Metal... but the Toynami 1/100s do have an important advantage. The Toynami ones are really easy to find. I got my first one at a brick and mortar anime store with a really limited selection, and I got my second one at a street vendor's booth at last year's Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC.

man...If I had the money I would've gotten the Hi-Metal...thats for sure..

I would love to look for one where I live..but I'd doubt i'd find any XD

get the bandai hi-metal then. It's really quite good.

Here's Jenius' review of them, they blow the toynami version clean out of the water and they're comparable with the larger 1/60 version in terms of line art accuracy, features and articulation

http://anymoon.com/blog/2010/07/06/bandai-hi-metal-1100-vf-1/

i know there is the Hi-metal...its just that it costs a lot XD..

and i think the battroid is too skinny(nothing compared to lanky-old-revoltech though, which looks good to me if it is a VF-1A)

I just want a good looking VF-1J..but if i would ever want the GBP..i would pick the Hi-metal(which there is a possibilty)

I own two 1/100 Toynamis, no problems with them.

Remember also that they are the most affordable transforming valkyrie on the market (you can buy 3 of them in place of a Bandai 1/100, for example).

not exactly true "now"...because some stores just can't sell those 3-trans revoltechs and they go on sale...(i think this thing is not even worth talking about..for some people..)

I've got the Toynami 1/100 Millia with the FAST Pack add-on, and the SDCC exclusive Stealth "Veritech". Both look really nice, although they are a bit fragile. If you're into display rather than play, they'll suit you well. They also look amazing with panel line work, and if you add on all the little decals that come with the FAST Pack kits. Don't pay a huge amount of money for them, though. Careful shopping can net the regular releases for you fer cheap. They're also great with the excellent Toynami Regults, and Yamato's 1/100 Konig Monster.

Plastic is a combination of ABS, POM and some PVC poly-caps on the innermost joints. The PVC poly-caps have a tendency to crack once in a while and will make for loose shoulder joints, but a little glue or careful posing will accomodate it. Seriously, if you only pay between $10-$20 for one, you won't feel too bad if it's got a couple of little flaws. That's like cheaper than dirt as Macross toy costs go.

Edited by AcroRay

I've got the Toynami 1/100 Millia with the FAST Pack add-on, and the SDCC exclusive Stealth "Veritech". Both look really nice, although they are a bit fragile. If you're into display rather than play, they'll suit you well. They also look amazing with panel line work, and if you add on all the little decals that come with the FAST Pack kits. Don't pay a huge amount of money for them, though. Careful shopping can net the regular releases for you fer cheap. They're also great with the excellent Toynami Regults, and Yamato's 1/100 Konig Monster.

Plastic is a combination of ABS, POM and some PVC polt-capson the innermost joints. The PVC poly-caps have a tendency to crack once in a while and will make for loose shoulder joints, but a little glue or careful posing will accomodate it. Seriously, if you only pay between $10-$20 for one, you won't feel too bad if it's got a couple of little flaws. That's like cheaper than dirt as Macross toy costs go.

the joints are no prblem at all, since I am definitely going to switch them out for bandai polycap parts. As long as the main body is not fragile, I'm really going to consider this toy... And also thanks to everyone for the replies and useful information XD

That's cool, I didn't even think about the 1/100 monster!

I have a small army of 1/100 battlepods (regults), so that is why I was curious.

Still having trouble deciding between the Hi-Metal BanDai and the Toynami.

if you've got the money..really..just go for the Hi-Metal. You will get your moneys worth... and there is a possibility for the GBP-1. The Toynami does'nt really have a chance now for making one with this much competitors..im guessing.

O.T.

do you guys know when the toynami will releas GBP-1S vf1js 1/100?

I hit Daisuke Fukuda up with a PM last week about the Toynami upcoming schedule, and he said everything was on schedule for release. Light Missile Regult on the way. Glaug is in tooling, due at retail in April. More info and VF products to be displayed at Toy Fair next month.

Personally, I'm stiking with the Toynami 1/100 VF series due to price, design and availability of variations. Bandai's series is nice enough, certainly, but 1/100 Valks just aren't worth that high a price tag to me personally, especially when they don't actually get played with more than they simply stay on display. (I wouldn't discourage anyone from pursuing them, however.)

Edited by AcroRay

I really love the Hi-Metal toys. I wish Bandai had looked at the Toynami model and came up with a hybrid way of selling them. They could charge 5500Y per individual hero mech OR you could buy that same hero mech with 2 lesser valks for like 11000. So, for example, you could buy Hikaru's VF-1J for 5500 or you could get Hikaru 1J, Max TV 1A, and Hayao TV 1A for 11000. The three packs should have been all included in one box so retailers wouldn't get stuck with a bunch of Hayaos they couldn't sell (OR you could make the three packs Tamashii exclusives). The next toy could have been Hikaru's VF-1S or a three pack with Hik's 1S, Max's 1A, and Hayao's 1A. Then you do Roy's 1S with Hikaru's 1A and Max's 1S. To round it all out you have Max's 1J or Max's 1J with Miria's 1J and a cannon fodder 1A. Any left over valks like the Angelbird you can make into event exclusives. Booyiggity. That would have been a more affordable and fun line I would have collected more of.

I hit Daisuke Fukuda up with a PM last week about the Toynami upcoming schedule, and he said everything was on schedule for release. Light Missile Regult on the way. Glaug is in tooling, due at retail in April. More info and VF products to be displayed at Toy Fair next month.

Personally, I'm stiking with the Toynami 1/100 VF series due to price, design and availability of variations. Bandai's series is nice enough, certainly, but 1/100 Valks just aren't worth that high a price tag to me personally, especially when they don't actually get played with more than they simply stay on display. (I wouldn't discourage anyone from pursuing them, however.)

I see...so that means GBP is on their way to come?!?!!

i guess i will wait...until then..to get a 1/100 toynami.

although i really hope they design the GBP a little better than the S/S parts..(the back pack looks risky.)

gonna wait till then...if they dont make a GBP.. i guess i will go for the HI Metal..

And of course, if i get any of those, most certainly i ill post some photos~

• 2 weeks later...

I see...so that means GBP is on their way to come?!?!!

i guess i will wait...until then..to get a 1/100 toynami.

although i really hope they design the GBP a little better than the S/S parts..(the back pack looks risky.)

gonna wait till then...if they dont make a GBP.. i guess i will go for the HI Metal..

And of course, if i get any of those, most certainly i ill post some photos~

I think a GBP armor would really make mine worthwhile, the toynami one is my only valk to date, until I get the 1/48, and I'm not that big of a fan of it at all.

basing from your statement..

toynami will be good on you.. coz your a caring toy owner.

the crispiness is on the socket joints (leg and tail wing)

just apply some glue gun on some joints to stiffen it (temporarily) youre good to go.

heres some quick comparison pic as to bandai's vf 1/100 hi-metals

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

its cheap

its fun

its customizable

its a nice rendition of the vf valkyrie.. i dont like the bot mode..just the plane rendition only

its cheap :)

The one on the left looks way better than the one on the right. That thing on the right is hideous, even for 1/100 scale. If it were a bigger scale, there'd be no excuse, but still, pretty nasty looking, even for 1/100 scale.

The one on the left looks way better than the one on the right. That thing on the right is hideous, even for 1/100 scale. If it were a bigger scale, there'd be no excuse, but still, pretty nasty looking, even for 1/100 scale.

but the highmetal has one significant negative..that is

the cockpit being too wide.. looking pretty ugly..

the hi metal is the only one so far to have this problem.