What are you hoping to get for Christmas (or a holiday gift)?

ultimateone

Now that I've got kids, I think to myself: the time for that is over; it's their turn to wish for things now...

But still, a small part of me thinks it'd be nice to pick up 1 or 2 1/60 "unpainted" Yammies, so's I could (someday) kitbash a 1J officer in navy gray/white, and maybe a custom with a real sqn color scheme...

Alright well how about gifts that we've wanted since childhood but decided we'd never be able to get our hands on them? I got a text from my sister while I was at work, asking me why there was a giant arcade machine sitting in the middle of my living room. We went back and forth over it, with me telling her that I had no idea what she was talking about and her accusing me of buying it, when she sent me a picture. What I saw was a factory-fresh looking Final Fight arcade machine. After some calls I tracked down my old roommate who was behind all of it. I'll get into more detail and post some pictures later, but he told me that over the last year or so he's had some professional aracade shop restoring an original Final Fight machine (circa 1990 I think) with a 27" screen. Jesus man, we played this game to death in high school together and now it's mine. I can't wait to get home!

I guess by now it's more "what did you get" than "what do you hope to get."

Me, I got a Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard for Mac. It's nice that, after owning my Mac Mini since August, I finally have a Mac-specific keyboard. Not that they're that different from regular keyboards, but my first Mac was a laptop. I learned the OSX keyboard shortcuts, and if you use a regular keyboard, option and command are inverted.

Now I need a new Unifying Receiver-compatible mouse...

I technically won't get this in hand till April, but I scored this on Christmas eve. (it was limited run with a signed 12 x 12 print and it sold out in about 10 minutes, so yay me.)

andypanmdy.jpg
Edited by anime52k8

Bought myself a 1/72 scale VT-1 Super Ostrich from Club M/Yellow Submarine. I did that from the trip my wife made for us to Tokyo for Christmas weekend.