Hasegawa 1/48 VF-19A SVF-569 Lightnings 1/48 kit

KOG Water Dragon

You know, I DO kinda wish they'd done this one in 1/72, so it could be displayed alongside all the other 1/72 variations they've released in the past.

It wouldn't be bad in 1/72 either, except I'm just dumb enough to buy both! :lol:

I have the YF-19 and the VF-1J/A in 1/48 already, and when they do Max and Milia those are guaranteed buys from me. The Super/Strike as well.

Thank goodness these won't all come out at once! This particular VF-19 is very appealing to me, I might change the squadron logos, but I'm glad they did an "operational" scheme.

I quite like the decal design.

Where the hell is my Hasegawa VF-11 in 1/72 though?

This.

I'd buy 10 VF-11s in 1/72 scale! C'mon Hasegawa! It's not like this is an obscure VF that only a few fans would know about!

I'm glad to see they're milking this mold, but I don't think the YF-19 has the greatest lines for using schemes like this one... the nose design just doesn't lend itself well to a darkened panel along the top. Plus, I don't quite care for how flashy this scheme is. I can see the cues from existing squadrons, but it's just a bit too much (mainly the wings are over the top to me).

Now that they've begun the milking though, I want to see more like this, with more subtle sets. I still want my low-vis set, and the supernova schemes in this scale. :)

Plus... while I don't think the YF-19 has the best form for adapting old style navy squadron styles, it's got the perfect layout for some Russian style schemes (clipped tails and everything). Heck, the thing is half Su-27 already. I want them to make some agressor sets, especially a Dobber-style one. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad to see they're milking this mold, but I don't think the YF-19 has the greatest lines for using schemes like this one... the nose design just doesn't lend itself well to a darkened panel along the top. Plus, I don't quite care for how flashy this scheme is. I can see the cues from existing squadrons, but it's just a bit too much (mainly the wings are over the top to me).

Now that they've begun the milking though, I want to see more like this, with more subtle sets. I still want my low-vis set, and the supernova schemes in this scale. :)

Plus... while I don't think the YF-19 has the best form for adapting old style navy squadron styles, it's got the perfect layout for some Russian style schemes (clipped tails and everything). Heck, the thing is half Su-27 already. I want them to make some agressor sets, especially a Dobber-style one. :D

I'm actually thinking of doing a "Powder Puff" after thinking about this post you made, Chronocidal. I also have some great Su-27 references.

Why settle for 1/72? They're on to making 1/48's now, so why not go all the way with the VF-11?!

Just because I have so many 1/72 Macross kits. If they did a 1/48 VF-11, I'd buy 2, but I still want the 1/72 version!

• 2 weeks later...