What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

The prequel wasn't exactly a "must see" to begin with :p

Frankly, the only thing I remember from this show is one of the maids serving cookies to the heroes – dunno why this one in particular, maybe because of her voice actress...

Oh, and the main mecha design being prety cool too, but I think I recall this one because I saw it in some trailers and thought the show was cool when it actually wasn't

Obvious question, did you watch Gravion first?

's not really a prerequisite for watching Gravion Zwei, IMO. It stands on its own pretty well... at least as sequels go.

Form what I've seen, it was just meh.

Eh... that was pretty much my reaction too.

'cept I had the patience to sit through the original Gravion series before tackling the sequel. I'm not one for the whole super robot genre, so I found Gravion a bit on the tedious side. The only bits I really enjoyed were those handful of unintentionally hilarious displays of "engrish" in scenes intended to be serious.

Oh, and the main mecha design being prety cool too, but I think I recall this one because I saw it in some trailers and thought the show was cool when it actually wasn't

Likewise... I looked into Gravion and Gravion Zwei because of the trailers I saw on a handful of ADV DVDs, and it did not thrill me.

Sho Hayami was Klein Sandman, that's enough reason to watch both seasons. Also, without Gravion, we probably wouldn't have Godannar!

Y'know... I could make that sacrifice. Godannar didn't really have a lot going for it except for the completely over-the-top levels of fanservice.

I don't think I would want to be a part of Sandman's crew. I don't like the idea of being hamstrung by the freaking voiceprint lock.

I do have one thing so say about Sandman-he does have style when he unlocks Gravion, though, even if it is a bit overdramatic.

Just finished Heroic Age

What a wild ride. Good ending. I like how they had mechs in it yet didn't concentrate on them either. It was like BSG meets Homers Travels. The Heroic Race is so powerful I was surprised how easily the Golden Race suppressed them since both races had command of all the universes elements at their disposal.

One thing bugged me teehee where the bug race or Bronze race. They didnt seem all that special to be invited by the Golden race.

So K-On!!, comes to an end this week. I hear ep 24 is a real tear jerker like 20 T_T .....

So marks the end of the most destructive force of moe the planet has ever witnessed. It singlehandedly destroyed the mecha genre, caused the global financial meltdown, and made the Yen strong.... some even say that the destructive qualities of Houkogo Tea Time caused a big a$$ methane bubble that subsequently made the Deep Water Horizon Well explode... but that is speculative.

... yea, so on to the obligatory bonus episodes. Were it that easy, were it that easy...

I do have one thing so say about Sandman-he does have style when he unlocks Gravion, though, even if it is a bit overdramatic.

One of the few good casting decisions in the dub version was hiring Jason Douglas to voice Klein Sandman... it's a shame both voice casts generally did a pretty lifeless job.:rolleyes:

Just two more weeks... and everyone's favorite generic male spiky haired protagonist with a ridiculously named special power, the loli nun of the Church of England, tsundere electro-princess, and berserk teleporting lesbian sidekick will be back for its second season. I'm looking forward to no other show :p .

So K-On!!, comes to an end this week. I hear ep 24 is a real tear jerker like 20 T_T .....

So marks the end of the most destructive force of moe the planet has ever witnessed. It singlehandedly destroyed the mecha genre, caused the global financial meltdown, and made the Yen strong.... some even say that the destructive qualities of Houkogo Tea Time caused a big a$$ methane bubble that subsequently made the Deep Water Horizon Well explode... but that is speculative.

... yea, so on to the obligatory bonus episodes. Were it that easy, were it that easy...

Not that tear jerky. Kinda disappointed. But poor azu nyan has to soldier on alone. Season 2 feels like it lacks something....maybe Mio moments or something but it didn't feel as good as the 1st.

Just two more weeks... and everyone's favorite generic male spiky haired protagonist with a ridiculously named special power, the loli nun of the Church of England, tsundere electro-princess, and berserk teleporting lesbian sidekick will be back for its second season. I'm looking forward to no other show :p .

Yay bring it on. :D Need more biri biri.

WTFFF??? Macross DYRL is in Bamboo Blade: Episode 7.!!!??? :blink:

Tamaki gets a gift from her kendo sensei and it is a laser disc of Macross: Do You Remember Love. This was totally unexpected!!!!

post-7534-128495931784_thumb.jpg

WTFFF??? Macross DYRL is in Bamboo Blade: Episode 7.!!!??? blink.gif

Tamaki gets a gift from her kendo sensei and it is a laser disc of Macross: Do You Remember Love. This was totally unexpected!!!!

post-7534-128495931784_thumb.jpg

I just wish she had a player to watch it, as I'm sure it would have vastly broadened her fangirl horizons.

Guys,

I just launched a new anime/animation streaming site Toonzaki. (I head up digital at the hated 4Kids Entertainment):

http://www.toonzaki.com - US only

It has the original SDF Macross available as well as the Robotech variants and numerous other series (3400 episodes available). I am working on getting more original subtitled versions, however there is a good amount of content up there.

Just before you comment, yes we know this stuff is available elsewhere, but we are trying to assemble it under one site for easier video discovery and expansion of audience.

thanks

Mark

Guys,

I just launched a new anime/animation streaming site Toonzaki. (I head up digital at the hated 4Kids Entertainment):

http://www.toonzaki.com - US only

It has the original SDF Macross available as well as the Robotech variants and numerous other series (3400 episodes available). I am working on getting more original subtitled versions, however there is a good amount of content up there.

Just before you comment, yes we know this stuff is available elsewhere, but we are trying to assemble it under one site for easier video discovery and expansion of audience.

thanks

Mark

Why US only :mellow:

There are other countries on the planet as well :rolleyes:

I just found a fansub group that is doing SPT Layzner. Watched the first 2 eps and it is a really cool show. I especially like the mecha designs.

it gets better! great story and characters. I `ve only seen up to ep9 tho and cant find a reliable torrent for up to 16 which I think is all thats been subbed so far. Anyone got any good links?

LMAO...Joel McHale is a god!

Just started watching

Naoki Urasawa's Monster

I am up to ep. 8, and very impressed so far. Think I'll check out the manga, as well.

not seen the anime since it's hard to obtain on this side of the Atlantic , but the manga is quite simply one of the best I've ever read...

Checking out Darker Than Black. Anyone got any opinions on it? So far it's pretty "meh.."

Its sorta like Heroes....cept this came out before Heroes. Plot gets convoluted at some parts but still worth a watch.