Supah Happy Party Set!

EXO

hmmm... you're looking for a recast of the TV pilot because there's no way I'll paint those things individually for people. My sculpts are totally easy to paint because I panel line the details so there's not a lot of bleed. Maybe I'll put a tutorial on the fan art section.

hmmm... you're looking for a recast of the TV pilot because there's no way I'll paint those things individually for people. My sculpts are totally easy to paint because I panel line the details so there's not a lot of bleed. Maybe I'll put a tutorial on the fan art section.

Sounds good, I'll drop you a PM.

Sent everyone a PM back. If I didn't get you, please PM again.

Didn't know you had the skills to do this type stuff. These are absolutely must haves so if you decide to take orders I am definitely down for a set. Really nice compliment to the 1/60 scale; and as someone else posted...in your face Yamato!

Actually, this are meant to compliment the Yamatos.... so it's "WITH your face Yamato!" LOL

Sent everyone a PM back. If I didn't get you, please PM again.

Actually, this are meant to compliment the Yamatos.... so it's "WITH your face Yamato!" LOL

Ha! I'm sure others feel the same frustrations that they don't add the simple stuff like this that compliments their Valks so well. These figures along with the dual seats elevating from the VF-1D just seem like no brainer accessories to throw in with each Valk. I won't bitch about them not producing them because they have done a fabulous job with the V2 1/60's which is allowing me to offer some of my 1/48's for custom work since the scale isn't complete. Just glad you and other members are here with the skills to satisfy our wants.

Maybe I'll put a tutorial on the fan art section.

That would be great! Especially I would like to know what specific colors and brand of paint you used as this looks so great. A step by step would be fantastic.

I am so looking forward to your next project!

thanks!

Id be psyched to see some ground crew figures to go with the Valks, though I have to admit I'd be tempted by standing pilot figures as well. :)

There's definitely some ground crews sets planned. There's not a lot of line art based on them so I'm thinking I'll have to make them up based on real ground crews. Also, some that are meant to be in space. If there are any suggestions. I'll gladly take them.

Id be psyched to see some ground crew figures to go with the Valks, though I have to admit I'd be tempted by standing pilot figures as well. :)

Hasegawa makes 1/48th scale US Navy deck crew sets which I use with my Yamato 1/48th VFs but no 1/60th scale versions so something like that could really help on a display for that line of Yamatos.

Hasegawa makes 1/48th scale US Navy deck crew sets which I use with my Yamato 1/48th VFs but no 1/60th scale versions so something like that could really help on a display for that line of Yamatos.

I remember that set I think I bought it also. Don't remember. Maybe I'll copy the poses but make them look like UN Spacy personells. I'm not into the ones included with Destroids they seem like they are 1/72 scale. It'd be good to have a proper Macross ground crew.

Exo - Would the figures that came with the 1/100-scale Macross Armored Factory be of any referential use to you? I could toss them onto the scanner and provide you with some enlarged images.

I'll dig them out and post some images here later today.

There are some ground-crew and staff design images in PERFECT MEMORY on page 124, 125, and pictures of small support vehicles on 166 & 167. On page 79 of the first Macross THIS IS ANIMATION volume there's an excellent front & back view of the deck-crew helmeted space suit/fire suit. If you don't have those volumes, I can scan & post the images here as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some props for EXO, I got a chance to see the real Party Set up close and they look great complete with the 80's "big hair" The soda amchine IS a classic!:lol:

EXO, Brookhurst Hobbies had both the Fujimi Navy carrier ground crew sets and the Air Force ground crews as of last week (I made one last run up there). - MT

Just some props for EXO, I got a chance to see the real Party Set up close and they look great complete with the 80's "big hair" The soda amchine IS a classic!:lol:

EXO, Brookhurst Hobbies had both the Fujimi Navy carrier ground crew sets and the Air Force ground crews as of last week (I made one last run up there). - MT

Hey... Thanks! I'm gonna check that out as soon as it stops raining here.

Thanks! MM!

OK... I'm getting a lot of requests for painted versions so I'm going to try something out for now. For everyone that gets their orders in before the end of January, I'll give them the choice of getting them painted. PM me for details.

Thanks!!!

I'll wait for a Millia holding her helmet and showing some cleavage. :)

Global with the pipe besides the Valk will also be awesome.

Anyway, Great job Exo. :)

Just a question, do you use other figures as a base, or are these completely scratch built?

Are u also thinkign of recasts for the pilot figures in the cockpits? Being able to put a TV Hikaru into one of my 1S's would be great, and generic pilots into my 1D as well....

A TV Roy sitting pilot would be a BIG hit!

Are u also thinkign of recasts for the pilot figures in the cockpits? Being able to put a TV Hikaru into one of my 1S's would be great, and generic pilots into my 1D as well....

I'm going to recast the pilots along with the side covers and neck covers from the GBP.

Yes. It'll be the same gray which means the pilot will be gray also, but that's OK since it still has to be painted. But I already modded the side covers so that it secures the arms from swinging downwards as it tends to do. This won't help the cracking issues of the shoulder piece but it probably will prevent wear in the long run if you display your valks in battroid.