Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Duke Togo

Hope there's some space combat this time. This announcement did motivated me to go back for the platinum on TFU 1. I'm up to 70% so far.

So the sequel is assuming the Light ending with Vader taking tissue samples for cloning...hmmm well ok, I'll accept that.

I have completed the game multiple times and gotten all the content...must say that next KOTOR this is my all time favorite SW title.

Whats been fun has been the "Infinities" dlc's that give us an alternate SW story.

So dismemberment and decapitation is confirmed but it doesn't look like how I imagine it was going to be. Those "Riot" guys looked like they were blocking with the shaft part instead of the energized part so it should get cut in half. I also didn't see anybody get cut in half at the torso or right down the middle or shoulder to torso which is disappointing. You shouldn't need to use fancy lightsaber moves to kill the ordinary troopers but the ones that got hit multiple times should have been diced...And I wish that the body parts would linger around longer so they can be force gripped/ pushed at their allies.

If I was the one who came up with the combat system I would put in moves that lets you target different parts of the body. The controls would be something like this:

Left Stick: Move

Right Stick: Move camera with on screen cross hair for targeting

Triangle: Decapitation- Will not cut anything else after head is removed. Tap other buttons to continue combo.

Square: Arms- Tap once to cut off one arm. Tap again to cut off the other. Tap again to cut off arms at the shoulders.

Circle: Torso- Press and hold to stab. Tap to cut enemy in half.

X: Legs- Same as arms.

Experiment with different combinations for unique results.

Window of opportunity after the first strike is 2 seconds. Tap all buttons/ combinations rapidly to completely dice an enemy.

L1: Jump

L2: Block

R1: Force Powers:

R1+L Stick: Tap R1 while running to Dash. Hold R1 while running for Force Speed. Hold R1 then press left, right,or down on the stick to dodge side to side and jump back.

R1+Triangle: Force Push

R1+Square: Force Grip

R1+Circle: Force Lightning Press 2-4 buttons at the same time or in series for different results and combos.

R1+X: Repulse

R1+L1: Force Jump

R1+L2: Throw Lightsaber

R2: Force Fury

Lightsaber duals are a life and death situation so I think a system that can create that feeling would be cool. When you enter a lightsaber dual the screen will go into a 2D fighting game style set up. Instead of button smashing or doing your own combo there will be "quick time event" prompts that appear randomly and very rapidly (depending on difficulty settings). The timing on which you tap the buttons will determine how effective your attacks will be. Locking sabers will require you to rapidly tap the buttons on the prompt. Move away from the enemy far enough and the screen will go back to normal.

Those are my dream controls and combat systems. Lol.

ForceUnleashed II Stage Demo from Gamespot.com

Looks unreal!

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265814/?tag=top_stories%3Btitle%3B8

the ability to just Crush AT-ST's and TIE's is awesome.

So it's more of the same plus copious amounts of desserts.

I'm not too impressed but it definitely looks better than the first game. I like to see a bigger variety in force powers. Also, would be nice if they used the analog stick for lightsaber attacks like MGS2/5...

I don't get it?

It looks like a Star Wars game based on the God of War play mechanics and style (rapid combat with moments of partially-controlled extreme action sequences). It's certainly not a bad thing, in fact I'm quite pleased that this game is completely unashamed to celebrate badassery.

I haven't gotten a chance to play the first one yet, due to lack of a next-gen console, but it's definitely on the to-do list, if as nothing more than a prelude to its own awesome sequel.

yep certainly was Kamino :) Im pretty interested in seeing how the other planets will be fleshed out too.

i want to crush some walkers..like..now..

I want to crush some storm/ clone troopers.

It looks like a Star Wars game based on the God of War play mechanics and style (rapid combat with moments of partially-controlled extreme action sequences). It's certainly not a bad thing, in fact I'm quite pleased that this game is completely unashamed to celebrate badassery.

I haven't gotten a chance to play the first one yet, due to lack of a next-gen console, but it's definitely on the to-do list, if as nothing more than a prelude to its own awesome sequel.

The first one was on the PS2 as well.

• 1 month later...

It looks great - slightly better than the original for sure... I played the first game on the Wii, and it was tons of fun. I anticipate the same gratifying hacking and slashing in the sequel. The dismemberment is a bonus, and the force powers are simply kick-ass.

The only issues I have with this game are the "run for your life" moments... I can do without those. They just seem a little tacked on, you know?

I will buy it, of course...