Macross Crossover Live

Tochiro

I wish I could justify going back to Tokyo so soon...but since I was just there last month, I really can't. :(

I hope they do another concert like this for the 30th Anniversary...THAT, I'd be there for.

Id like to think that there would be one in 2012 ;-) That would make a fitting final Minmei concert imo.

But then again, the fanclub is pushing Iijimas line that she WONT EVER do a concert like this again.

Just heard this from the Flying Dog president and Macross music producer... They are getting a NEW Fire Bomber album with ALL new songs. It will be released before the Crossover concert.

In other things anyone has a extra ticket? I'll try to get one when Family Mart get around to sell them... but the phone thing never works for me.

• 2 months later...

Well gents, Im back.

I won't post full impressions now because, thanks to an odd stroke of luck, I am now going on both days and I want to see both performances before formulating an opinion.

Having said that, tonights show was a very mixed bag.

The negatives:

-Sound mixing was way way off. Poor Kajiura missed a few starts because she couldnt hear over the guitars.

-The producer was an amatuer. Instead of mashups, as everyone was hoping, we got a 40min Mayn/Nakajima set, a 30min Iijima set, an 80 min Firebomber set, and 3 or 4 mashups as an encore.

-Iijima insisted on doing 3 of her own original songs (totally inappropriate) and could then barely squeak out her Minmay stuff. She tried to sing the 0-G Love remix and just could NOT do it.

....but there were sone AWESOME bits too...

The positives:

-Iijima came good with Do You Remember Love on a piano solo - possibly one of the best songs at the concert.

-Hiroko Kasahara made a surprise appearance for one song - a PERFECT version of Mou ichido.

-Firebomber rocked the house! BURNING FIRE live is SO GOOD!

-May'n's new song for the upcoming theatrical release, MONSOON, is great live as well. Kindof a Madonna/Sharron Apple mashup.

-Nobutoshi and Sakurai Tomo turned up to join Fukuyama and Kajiura for quartet version of Light the Light. Very nice. Havent seen Sakurai for aaaages...

-The few mashups that were done were all quality - Sherryl and Firebomber version of Totsugeki Love Heart, and Ranka and Monmay doing a duet of Tenshi no E no Gu with a piano accompaniment.

Anyways, rumour has it that things may be a little different tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have fixed the sound problems, meaning that tonights concert was more of a dress rehearsal. Mixed bag though it was, it was still pretty damn awesome!

More to come tomorrow!

Well gents, Im back.

I won't post full impressions now because, thanks to an odd stroke of luck, I am now going on both days and I want to see both performances before formulating an opinion.

The negatives:

-Sound mixing was way way off. Poor Kajiura missed a few starts because she couldnt hear over the guitars.

-The producer was an amatuer. Instead of mashups, as everyone was hoping, we got a 40min Mayn/Nakajima set, a 30min Iijima set, an 80 min Firebomber set, and 3 or 4 mashups as an encore.

-Iijima insisted on doing 3 of her own original songs (totally inappropriate) and could then barely squeak out her Minmay stuff. She tried to sing the 0-G Love remix and just could NOT do it.

The positives:

-Iijima came good with Do You Remember Love on a piano solo - possibly one of the best songs at the concert.

-Hiroko Kasahara made a surprise appearance for one song - a PERFECT version of Mou ichido.

-May'n's new song for the upcoming theatrical release, MONSOON, is great live as well. Kindof a Madonna/Sharron Apple mashup.

-Nobutoshi and Sakurai Tomo turned up to join Fukuyama and Kajiura for quartet version of Light the Light. Very nice. Havent seen Sakurai for aaaages...

-The few mashups that were done were all quality - Sherryl and Firebomber version of Totsugeki Love Heart, and Ranka and Monmay doing a duet of Tenshi no E no Gu with a piano accompaniment.

Anyways, rumour has it that things may be a little different tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have fixed the sound problems, meaning that tonights concert was more of a dress rehearsal. Mixed bag though it was, it was still pretty damn awesome!

More to come tomorrow!

I guess I can understand the amount of time given to each singer, and Mari doing some of her own songs...let's face it, Fire Bomber has the most material to choose from, and if you put all of Minmay's songs together you've got about 35 minutes, unless they wanted to do extended instrumental sections or something.

Sorry about the sound problems, though, that sucks. And that's VERY cool that Hiroko Kasahara showed up! Maybe Akino Arai will show up tonight...?

Well gents, Im back.

The negatives:

The positives:

More to come tomorrow!

I also went there today too.

Agree on poor quality on sound mixing and absolutely useless air conditioning system.

Totally unexpected on Hiroko Kasahara and Tomo Sakurai appearance. I think it was almost 13-14 years ago that all 4 Fire Bomber singer and voice actor sang together (also Light the Light) since Life Fire in 1995 or 1996.

I absolutely love this Ranka and Minmay doing a duet of Tenshi no E no Gu with a piano accompaniment and to be honest I enjoyed so much as many songs, the audience had opportunites to be involves in the song. (I made terrible mistake on Light the Light song when Yoshiki asked audience to sing together).

So in all despite I had to buy ticket from resell market at so high cost and weak Sterling which reduce my bank balnce a lot, it is absolutely worth to come.

So now I start saving for possible next year concert ( may be after second MF movie).

P.S. This year, Bandai produced too many event merchaindises, I vollet was almost emptied once I bought all of merchaindise that I wanted

I also went there today too.

ノーザンクロス

射手座

pink monsoon

そうだよ

アナタノオト

星間飛行

おっぱいまいすたー@フォルモ

ライオン

トライアングラーFoS

飯島真理オンステージ(2~3曲)

私の彼はパイロットリミックス

0G-LOVEリミックス

シンデレラ

愛おぼえてますか

もういちど Love you

PLANET DANCE

Burning Fire

MY FRIENDS

MY SOUL FOR YOU

君に届け→

弾丸ソウル

Dynamite Exprossion

Angel Voice

HOLY LONELY NIGHT

LIGHT THE LIGHT

突撃ラブハート2060(FB&シェリル)

天使の絵の具(ミンメイ&ランカ)

息をしてる 感じている

P.S. This year, Bandai produced too many event merchaindises, I vollet was almost emptied once I bought all of merchaindise that I wanted

Really? I dont think there can be any such thing as too much merch ;-) What did you get? I kept it rather simple - the booklet, a t-shirt and some stick posters. Also (and this was unexpected) a ticket for the movie when it comes out - along with a free poster, which was very nice.

What did you get? Please tell me you didnt get the Sherryl-branded sausages? :blink:

Some people were buying HUNDREDS of dollars worth of stuff - pretty crazy.

Gubaba - the problem is that she SHOULD have just done all of her Macross songs since thats what everyone wanted and she only ended up singng for 30mins anyway even with the original songs tacked on. It was really just another example of Iijimas Shatner-complex when it comes to her being Minmay in the eyes of her fans. Also, the original songs were deep - something I think had an effect on how long it took her to warm up on the Minmay songs.

Not trying to be Mr. Negative here, but for me Iijima is THE major reason I went to the concert (having seen the Mac. F girls live 3 times already and with a FB concert coming in November). So I would have liked more of her Macross stuff. Well, fingers crossed for today!

Gubaba - the problem is that she SHOULD have just done all of her Macross songs since thats what everyone wanted and she only ended up singng for 30mins anyway even with the original songs tacked on. It was really just another example of Iijimas Shatner-complex when it comes to her being Minmay in the eyes of her fans. Also, the original songs were deep - something I think had an effect on how long it took her to warm up on the Minmay songs.

Not trying to be Mr. Negative here, but for me Iijima is THE major reason I went to the concert (having seen the Mac. F girls live 3 times already and with a FB concert coming in November). So I would have liked more of her Macross stuff. Well, fingers crossed for today!

I can sympathize with both sides here...on the one hand, you want to hear all the Minmay songs, and by all rights, you SHOULD get to hear them. On the other hand, this IS a promotional performance. Fire Bomber is pushing their new album, May'n and Megumi are pushing their upcoming efforts... Mari has a new album out, the first in several years...is she supposed to play nothing from it?

A better solution than cutting out her new songs, I think, would've been if they had shortened Fire Bomber's set and given Mari an extra ten-to-fifteen minutes to sing "Love Drifts Away," "Sunset Beach," and "My Beautiful Place"...or something like that.

Anyway, you've heard more Macross material from her than I have (for the record, I've seen her sing DYRL and Tenshi no Engoku), and I've seen her about a dozen times. (At one of her shows, someone once requested "My Boyfriend's a Pilot," and she replied, "I think that song's a little too anime, don't you?")

Oh well, maybe tonight they'll have it all worked out...Still wish I could be there. :(

sounds awesome,wish i went to it,was it a full house?

looking forward to hear your impressions of the next day :)

Oh it was. Overall a better show than yesterday too although for different reasons. Will try to post extended impressions tomorrow.

In the meantime Ill just say this.

Akino Arai singing Voices and Wanna be an Angel.

:lol:

Am looking forward to hearing everyone elses impressions too

;)

もういちど Love you!!!!!!! Man I would have rather gone to the first night, still Voices and Wanna be an Angel was pretty amazing.

RIP Kazuhiko Katoh

Edited by Save

もういちど Love you!!!!!!! Man I would have rather gone to the first night, still Voices and Wanna be an Angel was pretty amazing.

RIP Kazuhiko Katoh

I envy you guys who went to the 2nd night. I'm a big "Plus" fan!!

Maybe we should have exchanged our tickets, Save-san -

though I was also happy to be able to see Kasahara-san sing.

post-4051-1256041795_thumb.jpg

I'm also a Kasahara Hiroko fan. Yay!

BTW do you guys remember the announcements before/after the concert?

Exsedol:

"Listen up fellow Zentran, all the seats here are miclone-size.

you must make sure to micronize yourselves before entering the gate."

Quamzin:

"Now the consert is over!! Quit doing culture with Meltlandi and Go back to your home straightly!

My favorite moment in that night was when Fukuyama-san said

"It is really impressive to sing the "Wow Wow" part with so many people like this"

after singing "Angel Voice."

The "Wow Wow" part of "Angel Voice" is my all-time favorite, and

it is really a happy experience to share the joy of singing with your favorite singer.

The flowers we "a group of Macross 7 fan friends" sent for Fukuyama-san and Chie-san;

post-4051-1256041849_thumb.jpg

Well then, Save-san or any other friends here will go to "The Revival of Fire Bomber 2009 IN TOKYO" concert

on Nov. 27?

I envy you guys who went to the 2nd night. I'm a big "Plus" fan!!

Maybe we should have exchanged our tickets, Save-san -

though I was also happy to be able to see Kasahara-san sing.

post-4051-1256041795_thumb.jpg

I'm also a Kasahara Hiroko fan. Yay!

If I would have known there was a Macross 2 surprise guest I would have traded you for sure!!! I love that song. Did they show Macross 2 animation before Kasahara-san's performance? There was a video and music montage for Plus prior to the performance of Voices.

BTW do you guys remember the announcements before/after the concert?

Exsedol:

"Listen up fellow Zentran, all the seats here are miclone-size.

you must make sure to micronize yourselves before entering the gate."

Quamzin:

"Now the consert is over!! Quit doing culture with Meltlandi and Go back to your home straightly!

Yeah that was great! Quamzin part was a little different the second night he said something about the Tokyo Auto Show.

Well then, Save-san or any other friends here will go to "The Revival of Fire Bomber 2009 IN TOKYO" concert

on Nov. 27?

I want to go, are tickets on sale yet? I have to hear "Try Again" since they didn't perform it at Crossover. I was hoping they would perform it with Ozma video footage behind them on the screens.

If I would have known there was a Macross 2 surprise guest I would have traded you for sure!!!

=D If only we had known about that in advance...

Did they show Macross 2 animation before Kasahara-san's performance?

Yes, they did show some scenes from Opening animation and some clips from anime,

with the song "Koi no Banana Moon."

Quamzin part was a little different the second night he said something about the Tokyo Auto Show.

I've been told that it was "Now get out before they start preparation for Tokyo Motor Show!

If we could not clear up this place in time, we have to pay some penalty!!"

I want to go, are tickets on sale yet?

Oh dude!

>【チケット一般発売】2009/8/29(土)10:00~

>ローソンチケット/チケットぴあ/CNプレイガイド/e+/ちけっとぽーと

>発売方法及び場所に関しては直接プレイガイドへお問合せ下さい。

>「ちけっとぽーと」での販売は11月27日 (金)東京公演のみ

>[お問合せ]ちけっとぽーと TEL:03-5403-3330

The tickets seems to have been on sale on Aug. 29 already.

(Sorry I don't know the details, as my friend got one for me)

They say a shop called ちけっとぽーと(Chiketto Pooto, or Ticket Port?)

will sell some on Nov. 27. Maybe you can try this.