Macross Crossover Live

Tochiro

Years of almost nothing and suddenly it all hits on one year, right?

More than a little crazy - first the Mac F concerts, then the YK concert and now this.

At least theres two performances this time and they are being held ot Makuhari Messe which is a HUGE convention center. Hopefully getting in shouldnt be too difficult.

Looks like I picked the right decade to be in Japan ;-)

First Yoko Kanno concert and now this. I have to say that this year is very good if it goes about some great shows.

Now the only hope for me is to wait for a DVD with this concert. Well, if it will be ever released on DVD…

Damn it, why it can't be in next year when I visit Japan <_<

First Yoko Kanno concert and now this. I have to say that this year is very good if it goes about some great shows.

Now the only hope for me is to wait for a DVD with this concert. Well, if it will be ever released on DVD…

Damn it, why it can't be in next year when I visit Japan <_<

Well, while theres no guarantee that it will come to DVD (after all, the last big Macross concert in 2007 didnt), at least its all music from shows by the same license holder, so it has a far better chance of being released than the Yoko Kanno one does IMO.

I just applied for two tickets for both days, fan club members have first dibs but it is lottery based.

Then why are they opening it to the public? Not really sure how this system works.

But damn i wanna go ...argh...i might be crazy enuff to fly down there for it if i am guranteed a ticket.

I wish it were a couple of months later, then I could see the concert AND the Macross F movie...as it is, I hope I'll have enough cash to go see the concert...

Hm...

October 17th and 18th?

Wonder how much it would cost to go to Japan for two days...

How much are tickets?

Pete

Edit: KLM has flights that leave on the 15th of October, arrive in Tokio on the 16th, and then leave Tokio on the 22nd. Round trip for two is about 2 thousand USD when converted into dollars from my crazy currency. That leaves wondering about hotel costs for a week...

and the question stands: how much are the tickets? :)

Edited by VFTF1

Then why are they opening it to the public? Not really sure how this system works.

But damn i wanna go ...argh...i might be crazy enuff to fly down there for it if i am guranteed a ticket.

Registered members will be put in a lotto and each member can enter for two tickets per day. At the end of the month the members who won tickets will be sent a confirmation email. What ever tickets are left or not paid for by the members will be put on sale to the general public. So far all the Frontier based concerts all sold out in less than 2 min so at least this way more fans can get ahold of tickets than scalpers.

I thought it was interesting that Mari will be there since in 2008 she said no more Macross.

Edited by Save

I can see how it can stop scalpers but i still don't agree with this lottery system. But meh its Japan and i heard its quite common for concerts.

Yeah its far from a great system and often forces people to joing various fanclubs just to stand a better chance of being selected. But considering the size of the fanbase and the sheer number of people here in Japan, its probably as fair as the system can get given the circumstances.

Usually a Japanese address/contact details/credit card (sometimes) are required to go in the draw, so its not particularly gaijin friendly (Some sites wont even let you register if your name is in English). Then again, its not an international event really. Its a Japanese event and the focus is on the Japanese fans.

Certainly causes a lot of problems if you dont live in Japan, unfortunately.

Boo hoo :(

Then there's only one alternative! I need to get really rich and be able to bring those guys to Europe :).... one can dream... But have any of them ever actually done overseas concerts? I mean, I know Marii Ijima did, but what about Fire Bomber?

Pete

Boo hoo :(

Then there's only one alternative! I need to get really rich and be able to bring those guys to Europe :).... one can dream... But have any of them ever actually done overseas concerts? I mean, I know Marii Ijima did, but what about Fire Bomber?

Pete

AFAIK, Firebomber went to a chinese event (can't remember if it was Taiwan or Hong Kong) where they had a great big fanbase. I believe it was Taiwan.

e='wolfx' date='Jul 14 2009, 03:21 PM' post='770546']

AFAIK, Firebomber went to a chinese event (can't remember if it was Taiwan or Hong Kong) where they had a great big fanbase. I believe it was Taiwan.

Was that the real Fire Bomb or the crappy American Fire Bomber? ;-)

I thought it was interesting that Mari will be there since in 2008 she said no more Macross.

Well, this IS the year Macross is officially launched (Feb 2009). And 5 months later, Lynn Minmay became Miss Macross. So I guess it's Minmay debut concert as well (Oct 2009), no? ^_^:lol:

But I'm really depressed now. I doubt I can get tickets to this one. It's way too hot. It'll be like MJ's (bless him) London concert. Sold out within minutes. Sigh...I do hope it'll come out on a blu-ray/dvd disc though. :unsure::huh:

Just found out: Ticket price is 7900yen each.

http://rom2.xsrv.jp/ftama/crossover/

Edited by blacklotus

Well, this IS the year Macross is officially launched (Feb 2009). And 5 months later, Lynn Minmay became Miss Macross. So I guess it's Minmay debut concert as well (Oct 2009), no? ^_^:lol:

Well whaddya know... i only noticed it when you pointed it out. the concert does fall on the same month and year as the miss macross pageant. nice catch. :)

Well whaddya know... i only noticed it when you pointed it out. the concert does fall on the same month and year as the miss macross pageant. nice catch. :)

Well, when Minmay is one's virtual gf/significant other for the past 3 decades, one tend to remember such things. I guess I really need to get a life and a real gf. Oh wait, I did get a few. They broke up with me since I'm such an otaku geek. :lol: Oh well, at least now my money's well spent on Yammies and Bandees valks. ^_^

Same DAY, too. Considering that Minmay's birthday is October 10, and the Miss Macross Contest happens a week later...

Also, notice that if you spell Crossover backwards, you get the word Revossorc.

Now, if you google "Revossorc", you get ths following question:

Did you mean "Robotech Sucks?"

Pete

well... ok... you don't... but...it would be cool :)

A Western release? Of a Japanese concert? Let alone a concert featuring music which costs so much to license that the original series never makes it out of Japan?

Hope springs eternal, but then theres just outright sillyness.

Besides, if it gets a DVD release at all, why not just import? ;-)

I'm in the draw, Fingers crossed!

Anyone else enter?

• 2 weeks later...
well whaddya know. :)

miss macross competition between mari, chie, megumi and may'n! :D

Ticket Get!!!!

Wow... awesome....am speechless.....still coming down from the high of the Nakajima concert last night too. This will be the 4th time Ive seen her live this year! hehehe.

But after 20 years of waiting Ill FINALLY get to see Iijima on stage!

Ticket Get!!!!

Wow... awesome....am speechless.....still coming down from the high of the Nakajima concert last night too. This will be the 4th time Ive seen her live this year! hehehe.

But after 20 years of waiting Ill FINALLY get to see Iijima on stage!

Looks like I won two tickets for both days. WHOO HOO!!!!!

Congratulations, you lucky, jammy bastards! :D