How much might this be worth?

drkstar00

dude, we all know this is bootleg. what exactly is your point and I am not very sure what you were trying to say with the color scheme?

I think his point is that he wants to know if it's worth anything even though it's a boot leg, if that's the case I'd say not much but I'm no expert. as for the color, I think he means that the box depicts Roy's TV scheme, but the toy inside actually has Hikaru's DYRL? scheme.

Heh. I can remember far enough back to when seeing someone post a bootleg like this would have resulted in a lot of positive, excited comments. But ja, we have so many options for VF-1 toys now, these old knock-offs aren't really a reason to get all excited anymore. As such, I suspect the value on them has plummeted.

I would just keep it as one of those odd collectors items. Theres probably not to many around. But due to all the new stuff from Yamato & Bandai, Macross toys like yours & the old 1/55's I have don't have really any value anymore.

Yeah, it is a nice little oddity to round out a collection.

I liked the Taiwanese knockoffs for the fact that the quality was strangely identical to the bandai. For some reason though, the box art didn't jive with the toy itself, and none of these toys included a gun clip.

Weirdly, I've been offered pretty good money from collectors for this one, but have never been able to put a $ value upon it myself.

I like bootlegs Valks myself. But my preference is for really wild diversions, like the orange ones or weird stuff like that.

Nice piece, though!

I liked the Taiwanese knockoffs for the fact that the quality was strangely identical to the bandai. For some reason though, the box art didn't jive with the toy itself, and none of these toys included a gun clip.

Weirdly, I've been offered pretty good money from collectors for this one, but have never been able to put a $ value upon it myself.

I've seen this back in 80s, quality is quite good with the exception that there is a hole at the end of the nose where it connects the chest plate due to fitment problem. Now with all the resissues, I'll go for the reissue since those are the original for a very affordable price these days.

Ever since I know Yamato, I've totally abondoned the chunky monkey, and I'm sure that Bandai won't bring out the whole line like Yamato does.

There are 2 versions of this Taiwanese Super Valk. Yours, and another where the Valkyrie is molded in Grey instead of white. I have the Grey version. Mine did come with a gunclip though. The arm armor does not fit well, otherwise they are not terrible bootlegs.

• 3 weeks later...
I would just keep it as one of those odd collectors items. Theres probably not to many around. But due to all the new stuff from Yamato & Bandai, Macross toys like yours & the old 1/55's I have don't have really any value anymore.

yeah, i remember about ten years back, when the 1984 DYRL VF-1 super was in high demand and fetching around $1500/$2k...

yeah, i remember about ten years back, when the 1984 DYRL VF-1 super was in high demand and fetching around $1500/$2k...

Thats the one I have in my collection "Hikaru's VF-1S Strike", Bought it for $60.00 at a comic shop in 94' when these things were worth the $1500 range, now..... not much. (The store owner didn't know anything about Anime) But its a Rare item never to be made again, so on the shelf it stays forever & ever. B))

you can find a bandai super for less than $200 so less than that. I turned down chowsers bandai for $100 a few years back since I was broke and had to spend an extra $20 to get one when I wasn't. I belive I paid around $80 for my taiwanese 5+ years ago. Quality wise besides the box are being different, the styrafoam being one piece instead of two, the only real problem I noticed was in the assembly... I had to back out a few screws and the retighten them once everything was properly aligned. I am not sure if it has the leg landing gear springs like taka's or the non spring of the original bandai super and really don't feel like dealing with hat room just to find out by looking. I know me my bootlegs pretty well and this was better than a joons... which was 80% original taka but for leg metal and gear joint plastic quality. The space gandam was 90% but for spring quality and decaling. Probibly the closest to being a taka/bandai I am aware of.... Then again I still need to get an israili vf... which is probably a reboxed taka, but until I have one I don't know.

an interesting piece to keep in your collection. Like Kanata says the money side is probably not great but IMO Boots are a great thing to collect since everyone knows they are cheap and often have major QC issue, they often find their way to the kids play box or the packaging gets binned etc. Worth keeping IMO