The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

God, Bayformer Shockwave looks like it was not only beaten with the ugly stick, but sodomized with it as well. It's offical, Micheal Bay has his head exactly where it belongs... crammed perfectly and squarely up his ass!!!

I'll take the G1 Shockwave anyday, British arrogance and all.

God, Bayformer Shockwave looks like it was not only beaten with the ugly stick, but sodomized with it as well. It's offical, Micheal Bay has his head exactly where it belongs... crammed perfectly and squarely up his ass!!!

I'll take the G1 Shockwave anyday, British arrogance and all.

It does indeed. As do 95% of all the designs. Absolute crap. Especially the alt modes. WTF?

I like how it's going on 3 years and 2 movies and it still seems it hasn't sunk in that the overall designs aren't changing.

Transformers: Man. These designs suck. The toys are crap, wtf kill Bay.

4 months later: Well, this design isn't so bad, and it's a pretty solid toy but still, kill Bay.

ROTF: Man. These designs STILL suck. The toys are crap, except for that one repaint, wtf kill Bay.

4 months later: Well, this design isn't bad either, and it's a pretty solid toy too, kill Bay anyway.

DOTM: Well, I think you get the point.

Haha. I love you guys sometimes.

I like how it's going on 3 years and 2 movies and it still seems it hasn't sunk in that the overall designs aren't changing.

Transformers: Man. These designs suck. The toys are crap, wtf kill Bay.

4 months later: Well, this design isn't so bad, and it's a pretty solid toy but still, kill Bay.

ROTF: Man. These designs STILL suck. The toys are crap, except for that one repaint, wtf kill Bay.

4 months later: Well, this design isn't bad either, and it's a pretty solid toy too, kill Bay anyway.

DOTM: Well, I think you get the point.

Haha. I love you guys sometimes.

So, you're saying that in a media property full of inconsistencies, the one thing which remains constant throughout is the death wish the world continues to bestow upon Mr. Bay?

Huh, that's like the silver lining. ^_^

well with all the prototypes of movie 3 figures coming out discounting the New Megatron and the Heneki/United line all the transformers look like puke on a stick

This movie will bomb not just with the critics but at the box office. I am getting the felling on the dedicated Transformer boards that people seem non enthused about the design of crumpled aluminum robots

The fans should realize that Bay and the studio don't care a rats ass about us and care only for the rabid hordes of 7 year olds who will flock to this movie in droves and drag their poor parents with them.

Making a movie for the fans gets you "Serenity" and about two weeks at the box office and years and years of fans pleading for a sequel that will probably never be made.

This movie will bomb not just with the critics but at the box office.

I still don't know where comments like this come from.

The other two movies were incredibly popular in theaters and on disc. For every purist or collector out there, there are 10, 100, 1,000 people who actually enjoy the movies and will enjoy the third one.

The other two movies were incredibly popular in theaters and on disc. For every purist or collector out there, there are 10, 100, 1,000 people who actually enjoy the movies and will enjoy the third one.

Agree completely. While a movie about an optimus prime that looks like a dude in a costume made out of cardboard boxes sitting around talking about the mythology of the matrix and cybertron and delving into histories only touched upon in a comic line few people ever read while fighting a giant flying city that transforms in a giant purple dinosaur might cause fans to leave sticky messes in the theater, everyone else avoid it like the plague.

Agree completely. While a movie about an optimus prime that looks like a dude in a costume made out of cardboard boxes sitting around talking about the mythology of the matrix and cybertron and delving into histories only touched upon in a comic line few people ever read while fighting a giant flying city that transforms in a giant purple dinosaur might cause fans to leave sticky messes in the theater, everyone else avoid it like the plague.

Lol

The fans should realize that Bay and the studio don't care a rats ass about us and care only for the rabid hordes of 7 year olds who will flock to this movie in droves and drag their poor parents with them.

Making a movie for the fans gets you "Serenity" and about two weeks at the box office and years and years of fans pleading for a sequel that will probably never be made.

Hey Serenity was Awesome and so was Firefly.

But I took my 9 year old nephew to see movie 2 and honest to god straight from his mouth, That sucked Ass" And I got him into transformers via Beast Wars and loved it. Ever since seeing the second movie he hasn't picked up any transformers. Also they are pretty much HOT POCKETS on the shelves at walmart

the first movie was successful because it was the first of its kind. The second movie made a lot of money because people expected something better than the first (maybe thinking it was the Empire strikes back of transformers) but tanked on critical reviews. Whats funny it was the worst movie ever that made so much money. So what does that tell you about the people that made it successful. Where they failed was in sales of the toys. During this christmas while spending a good hour in the toys section with my kids playing I saw so many walk past the transformers section. They still have stuff from wave 2. NOT GOOd. While the Heneki/United/Universe line seems to fly of the shelves with collectors and kids alike. Sure Bay didnt care about the fans. But its because of such a large fan base that someone came out to make a movie. The only drawback was the man that was chosen to make his own interpretation of it. I am also saying that many fans that labeled me as a Hater and many others are now posting that they have no interest in seeing the movie. And they have no interest in the crap toys either. People even after a while of being fed poo will over time realize they are eating poo.

Hey Serenity was Awesome and so was Firefly.

But I took my 9 year old nephew to see movie 2 and honest to god straight from his mouth, That sucked Ass" And I got him into transformers via Beast Wars and loved it. Ever since seeing the second movie he hasn't picked up any transformers. Also they are pretty much HOT POCKETS on the shelves at walmart

No doubt that Firefly and Serenity are awesome, they just didn't make money and that's what studios care about with summer movies, money.

Leader Class Bumblebee - Never mind the Mech Tech gizmo; this looks much more impressive than the Battle Ops figure.

The battle OPs bee is very impressive with a cannon feature that doesn't really impede the robot. I think its as good as it gets This bee does look good. The gimmicks are just awful. But how many Dam Bumblebees can one have. I have all but gifted them to my kids.

So, leader BB looks devoid of electronics, which is pretty awesome. I hope all the new leader class toys are like that. SS and Prime might be truly awesome without having to severly compromise one mode in order to accommodate that crap

Why is the Blaster Bee more superior

First off His head doesnt look like it was punched into the hood. Now his gun arm is thinner and he has gundam knees. Also the two collar flaps are too long. They are more thinner in the line art. Also is it so hard to give him the smaller wings that he has in the movie. Hence the name sake

rl_dotmubbmy5_1296116298.jpg

transformers-2-revenge-of-the-fallen-bumblebee-1.jpg

rl_dotmubbmy1_1296116351.jpg

DSC04799.jpg

Edited by Snail00

So, leader BB looks devoid of electronics, which is pretty awesome. I hope all the new leader class toys are like that. SS and Prime might be truly awesome without having to severly compromise one mode in order to accommodate that crap

Yeah, it’s a good sign that the gimmick has been externalized. Only thing that makes me worry now is how much of the design budged will go towards making those big ugly piece of plastic and if that will reduce the number of parts the designer can use for the transformations.

BB must be a gold mine because I find it a waste of a Leader spot. How many BB are there? I really can’t tell them apart anymore.

But I like the electronics... :(

there's plenty of the current BB and SS still out at target for you. ;)

I kinda want to get leader SS but I just haven't felt like spending that kind of money on a transformer.

The new Ironhide is skinnier than the previous Voyager figure, but more articulate. Still, the Mech Tech gimmick needs to go, and the overall figure is not as cool as Recon Ironhide.

I don't know. The Mech Tech thing is kind of silly; but at the same time it speaks to me in the language of comically over-sized weapons. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et_y59AuJCU

The new Ironhide is skinnier than the previous Voyager figure, but more articulate. Still, the Mech Tech gimmick needs to go, and the overall figure is not as cool as Recon Ironhide.

Over at TF world, someone who has the DOTM Ironhide was complaining about how poorly the figure held together. Looking at picks of it, I can see where that may be a legitimate complaint. And, after owning the Mospeada CM's Legioss, it just plain sucks.

Over at TF world, someone who has the DOTM Ironhide was complaining about how poorly the figure held together. Looking at picks of it, I can see where that may be a legitimate complaint. And, after owning the Mospeada CM's Legioss, it just plain sucks.

But this is a $20 toy; having it break isn't even in the same ballpark as having a $150~$300 CM's break.

More toys:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/collection-of-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-toys--new-toys-revealed-171388/

So we finally see a pic of the Leader fire truck. Never seen a "Rosenbauer Panther Fire Truck" before so to me it looks very futuristic, reminds me of the animated Leader Ultra Magnus.

The helicopter could be nice.

I'll have to wait for robot pics on the fire truck. When the altmode is something I don't recognize at least as generic of a certain type of vehicle I need to really love the robot mode.

Shockwave altmode is based on pixy dust but the robot ain't bad... untill you compare it to the beauty that is animated Shockwave.

I'll have to wait for robot pics on the fire truck. When the altmode is something I don't recognize at least as generic of a certain type of vehicle I need to really love the robot mode.

Shockwave altmode is based on pixy dust but the robot ain't bad... untill you compare it to the beauty that is animated Shockwave.

fire truck is based off of real world design

post-19-129667046493_thumb.jpg

And I refuse to get into the trap of comparing bayformers with other designs. They have their own aesthetic and sensibility and Shocky works well for me. I dig the techno/organic interpretation of the chest.

Yeah, googled the truck before but it just looks so weird to me... but I'm a guy that found the jet mode in Starscream weird until I saw that the Raptor was very common in recent films. You take me away from my classic fire trucks, F-15 and Harriers and I feel like a very old man in front of the latest computer would :p

I'm stil confident in robot mode. The last Leader Prime was such a brilliant piece, even with the stupid limitations of the lights and sounds; Leader SS was ok in pregnant mode but very nice in robot.

So we finally see a pic of the Leader fire truck. Never seen a "Rosenbauer Panther Fire Truck" before so to me it looks very futuristic, reminds me of the animated Leader Ultra Magnus.

This was my first thought too actually. But there's like a 99% chance it's going to be inferno, which is cool. I dig inferno.

sentinal prime? :unsure:

Animated Shockwave is divinely inspired awesome, NOTHING is as cool as he is. That said, Movie Shockwave is starting to grow on me. He's still very Shockwave-esque and as long as I can put his gun-arm on the left side I'll be happy ^_^ (although I'd still hope for a leader class)

Edited by anime52k8