Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

No, a live action movie for Macross 7 fans would be something more akin to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzuxgivmQ8

Sho NUF!

I love the Last Dragon... Dude thats nothing like M 7 though.

I think Charlie and the Chocolate has all elements of M7. Maybe High School Musical 3. Prop 8 the musical...

Sho NUF!

I love the Last Dragon... Dude thats nothing like M 7 though.

I think Charlie and the Chocolate has all elements of M7. Maybe High School Musical 3. Prop 8 the musical...

What do you mean it's nothing like Macross 7? Pacifist fighter, magical powers that stop the enemy, singing, Vanity, it's just like Macross 7. I think you just didn't understand 7. hell, Gigil is practically Sho'Nuff.

What do you mean it's nothing like Macross 7? Pacifist fighter, magical powers that stop the enemy, singing, Vanity, it's just like Macross 7. I think you just didn't understand 7. hell, Gigil is practically Sho'Nuff.

As a superfan of Macross 7 who loves The Last Dragon... I really hate that I fit your stereotype :lol: Can't wait for the Samuel L Jackson remake!

As far as Alice... I'm optimistic. It's source material that I think Tim Burton would do well with. I think when Tim Burton gets his hands on a story/franchise that isn't already stylized enough for him, bad things happen, but when it's something already several shades of creepy like Sleepy Hollow or Alice in Wonderland, he can work wonders with it.

• 7 months later...

alright, Just went to see Alice this afternoon; in a word... AWESOME!

I thoroughy enjoyed this movie more than any other movie I'd had the chance to see in the last year. This movie must be seen if for no other reason than the art direction. the costume, set and character design is absolutely beautiful.

I went and saw it locally so I didn't get to see it in 3D, but I'll definitely be going back to check out how the 3D looks. (oddly enough the local single screen theater is getting 3D at the end of the month, I'll have to drop by and ask if they'll still be showing this by then.)

alright, Just went to see Alice this afternoon; in a word... AWESOME!

The movie was dog sh!t. SO stupid. Charters were annoying, hardly anything was accurate to the original story. The dancing scene was designed to entertain the 4 year olds watching, the only people that may think this movie was good. It was to par with Macross 7. Total pussy ass stupid.

Despite generally being a Burton/Depp fan, I'm really not looking forward to the movie and probably won't even go. It really looks like "an excuse for actors to have crazy makeup and costumes and act crazy on a crazy set, with a big budget".

That said, Edward Scissorhands is probably my all-time fave movie--because of the STORY, and Edward's character. Not his look or costume or the neo-retro-50's set designs. (late 80's/early 90's Burton is the best Burton)

The characters are completely annoying, and I am really tired of Tim Burton being worshiped for just doing a "spooky" version of some existing story. Burton needs to do his own writing, he is better at that. Mostly the movie had a struggle between Burton wanting to do visually scary things, but not really being able to because he has to keep the little kids happy. There were SO MANY stupid scenes for the little kids. Johnny Depp's character was the equivalent of Jar-Jar Binks.

The problem is that the basic story is now inherently "tainted" by the Disney version. It SHOULD be allowed to be a dark, scary tale, but no matter what, even if they made it R---there'd be 50 million parents who'd take their 4-year-olds to it just because they think "Alice=Disney", then loudly publically complain how scary a "kid's" movie was---it'd be on every news report how you shouldn't take families to see it.

Just like Jurassic Park. It was PG-13 for a reason. Dinosaurs are not inherently kid-friendly. They eat people. Messily. But parents still brought their kids because "kids love dinosaurs", then were horrified when they saw what the movie was actually about.

PS---story that suffers the most from having a famous, kid-friendly movie? The Tin Woodsman. Yes, the Wizard of Oz one. Try to find the real, original stories of him. Very sad when it's all said and done.

I don't see how its Disneys fault. Alice in Wonderland was by no means a frightning book unlike the Tinmans story in the Wizard of oz. Alice in Wonderland was just some weird ass book where Alice wandered around wonderland and talked about all the weird ass poo she encountered if anything the Disney version was the best adaption of the story I've seen before because it doesn't have a plot. As for the Wizard of Oz Disney did make that super messed up Return to Oz movie with decapition and electroshock therepy and all sorts of other messed up crap.

So I guess if someone did make some messed up Alice in Wonderland parents would take their kids to see it but it would still be a terrible adaption of the book,

So I guess if someone did make some messed up Alice in Wonderland parents would take their kids to see it but it would still be a terrible adaption of the book,

I haven't seen the Tim Burton version (and likely won't), but two of the best Alice movies I can think of have very dark and creepy sequences.

The overall best, I think, is Jan Svenkmajer's version...

And Jim Henson did some of his most disturbing work on Dennis Potter's Dreamchild...the Wonderland scenes are few and far between in it, but they're beautiful and horrifying: Bad quality, but the best I could find.

THis movie was fantastic~!!!!!!!!!!!!! saw it today! My first movie in digital 3D too! :D Depp was brilliant, bavo!

Seeing Alice flying up in the air coming down with the sword, man that was bad ass, loved her armour. Just loved every single bit of it! Highly recommend.

I am wowed, i love 3D, cinema viewing won't bethe same anymore without it, i'm picky now.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The 3D experience was cool, to be sure, but the date and I found it to be generally underwhelming. Then again, it's Alice in Wonderland, not Lord of the Rings Redux-You are not alone-Jam the Hammer Mix-2012 post-apocolyptic edition in IMAX 3D...