Although I found the game fun, I too am part of the group that wishes that they had gone for the original story setting, in between MGS2 and MGS4, and Raiden attempting to rescue Sunny from the patriots. Would have made the story a bit more interesting for me, but the game still was very fun regardless.

I played through this not too long ago. Overall really really fun, though it does get repetitive after a while. I do wish that they would've implemented a block/parry button instead of just using the attack button. I was having a lot of trouble getting the timing down and was getting pretty frustrated.

I mostly agree with what the others said. I'd be more interested in what happened to Raiden between MGS2 and 4, and how he rescued Sunny from the Patriots. That said, the story they went with holds its own, even if it is a pretty heavy diatribe on America's "war economy." Interesting how the draw similarities between real life situations and the MGS universe.

Well, at least Sunny made a cameo in the game.

When I first saw the original game play I really wanted to be able to sneak up behind a PMC and cut his legs off and watch him trying to drag himself away. But now cutting up cyborgs wouldn't be as funny to watch. I guess the thought of people doing that is too sadistic for Konami? But then again shooting someone isn't as sadistic? lol

Well, at least Sunny made a cameo in the game.

and she's positively adorable too (haven't played the game yet, been watching walkthroughs. need to get this at some point).

Sunny-Rising.png

Edited by anime52k8