1/72 Tacticar Pod Graug?

captain america

Definitely in for 1!

Hi guys.

Well a few people have asked for it, so here is the next project proposal, a 1/72 Tacticar Pod Graug.

What do I foresee? A realistically-scaled Graug, complete with detailed cockpit and a seated Quamzin figure.

How big would this sucker be? VERY big! Like 36cm tall, about 24cm deep, and almost 20cm wide... So big it almost needs its own zip code.

It will also likely be quite an engineering challenge, requiring big honkin' metal screws, metal inserts, as well as the use of some extra tough polymers to combat sagging. As such, this will be a very labor and materials-intensive project, so I would limit the run to 20 kits.

The damage? $390 with a mandatory deposit of $100 per kit ordered. The deposit would not be refundable, but would be transferable, should you decide to opt-out. Anyhoo, I will let this thread run until the 25th, at which point I will assess the matter and see if we have enough interested people to get a green light, so if it's a go, I would start collecting deposits the week of the 25th.

As always, I'll do my best to answer questions if you have any :mellow:

Oh, and if we do manage to get this donut rolling, I'll see if I can throw-in a pleasant surprise with the kit.

Let the speculation begin...

I wonder what the 'pleasant surprise' might be that he's thinking about?

Let the speculation begin...

I wonder what the 'pleasant surprise' might be that he's thinking about?

Instructions

edit: thought I'd better post a :p so it's clear it's tongue in cheek

Edited by cowie165

John

When on the 25th will you take the deposit? And will you take pay pal?

I haven't determined a specific time, but yes, Paypal is fine.

Looks like there may be more demand than slots available, which is reassuring and preferable, since from experience, actual orders are always a bit lower than expressed interest. I call it market deviation :p

Worst case scenario you hit a gold mine and can sell a million of these right :)

But seriously what are you gonna do if actual initial, cash in hand, demand outstrips your inital planned run size? Is the number of spots based on the expected life of the molds?

PS: And I normally pay by money order because I was under the impression that you preferred that method to avoid un-necessary fees and such, for the deposit I guess paypal is the method you'd prefer this time?

Edited by Ghadrack

Worst case scenario you hit a gold mine and can sell a million of these right :)

But seriously what are you gonna do if actual initial, cash in hand, demand outstrips your inital planned run size? Is the number of spots based on the expected life of the molds?

PS: And I normally pay by money order because I was under the impression that you preferred that method to avoid un-necessary fees and such, for the deposit I guess paypal is the method you'd prefer this time?

A million? Never. I start to go bonkers after a few dozen castings :lol:

The molds may or may not be able to take more than 20 casts, it's hard to say. The bigger the part, the greater the exotherm produced by the resins and this degrades a mold exponentially quicker than lots of tiny pieces, and the high-strength stuff is even worse. 20 pieces is what I felt I could guarantee safely. I might be able to handle an extra 1 or 2 castings, but that's really it.If I don't feel I'm able to do justice to more than 20, I reserve the right to simply refund those that fell outside the limit and call it a day. The quality of my work is more important than a few extra digits on a bank balance.

Oh, speaking of bank, with their ever-changing policies, they "offer" to freeze funds and charge "extra" fees now for M-Os, so Paypal has actually become less of a hassle... At least for the time being. :mellow:

A million? Never. I start to go bonkers after a few dozen castings :lol:

The molds may or may not be able to take more than 20 casts, it's hard to say. The bigger the part, the greater the exotherm produced by the resins and this degrades a mold exponentially quicker than lots of tiny pieces, and the high-strength stuff is even worse. 20 pieces is what I felt I could guarantee safely. I might be able to handle an extra 1 or 2 castings, but that's really it.If I don't feel I'm able to do justice to more than 20, I reserve the right to simply refund those that fell outside the limit and call it a day. The quality of my work is more important than a few extra digits on a bank balance.

Oh, speaking of bank, with their ever-changing policies, they "offer" to freeze funds and charge "extra" fees now for M-Os, so Paypal has actually become less of a hassle... At least for the time being. :mellow:

Hey I wanted to ask the price I assume is USD yes? Dumb question I'm sure but I thought I should make sure. CAn I pay now? I want to make sure I get one of these.

Hey I wanted to ask the price I assume is USD yes? Dumb question I'm sure but I thought I should make sure. CAn I pay now? I want to make sure I get one of these.

Yes, United States Dollars. For the moment it looks oversold, so I will proceed in the order of posting to collect deposits. If someone misses their turn, I'll wave you in. Not trying to be difficult or anything, just want to be fair to those that stepped-up the the plate first.

Correct!

I will post here as well as notify people via PM. I'm thinking around 1pm-ish Eastern time.

CRAP! 1pm EST? I don't get home from work (no comp at work) until after 5(EST), does that mean I miss my chance? I'm a noob to buying your models direct, the ones I have I got from SSM.

CRAP! 1pm EST? I don't get home from work (no comp at work) until after 5(EST), does that mean I miss my chance?.

Not at all. Everyone else has work/obligations to tend to, including myself. I really don't think it's going to be some 20 minute affair, but more likely a protracted deposit "window" extended over several hours at least. You can also make arrangements with a third party to make the deposit in your stead, if you're really hell-bent on it. There are always solutions if we are willing to discover them.

Not at all. Everyone else has work/obligations to tend to, including myself. I really don't think it's going to be some 20 minute affair, but more likely a protracted deposit "window" extended over several hours at least. You can also make arrangements with a third party to make the deposit in your stead, if you're really hell-bent on it. There are always solutions if we are willing to discover them.

jeez okay then. Mild stroke averted.:) So soon as I get home Monday I'll be paypalin' the deposit over. Thanks for calming my nerves. BTW, what will the email be that I'll be sending you moolah? Or should I assume you'll post that on the 25th as well....

Ohh FRAK!!! this sucks big a$$ balls!!! :angry:

Been waiting months for this - I go on vacation only to come back and miss this thread totally, and this happens - none left.

J-F, please put my name in if someone doesn't pay/backs out.

:angry: (*^&$(Q*#&^)(Q#%&^%@(#%*&@#%()*@#%&*(@#)(@&^@()#&%^@#&%(#% :angry:

As of 3:26PM EST, 9 spots still unfilled.

Well, you have to give those of us in the Pacific (or non-daylight savings Mountain Standard in my case) time zone a little time... B))

Edited by azrhino