Mystery Macross II VF-2SS 1/100 resin kit

Save

Found this kit at Liberty in Akihabara this past week? Looks like it was sold in Japan but it shows that it was made in HK. Documentation is written in bad Japanese no Big West licensing sticker but BW copyright is written by hand. It is in a anime magic like poser, kind of weird. Head sculpt is nice. Anybody here ever seen it before completed?

post-3328-1241965060_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1241965068_thumb.jpg

Whoever tried to pawn it off as a original kit. This is hobby base repttu kit vf-2SS. This kit was taken and parts were recasted to sell in the HK market. Don't buy it . Just go find a original. Sadly the original needs lots of modifications to complete. The original comes with no instructions and all parts may not fit correctly. The correct way is to find some small joints from revoltech or kotobukiya and that kit should look amazing.

Hi save, if you can send me the full HK address I might be able to get more info on it! However as someone already mentioned, it could be a recast with an quickly sketched up instructions.

Whoever tried to pawn it off as a original kit. This is hobby base repttu kit vf-2SS. This kit was taken and parts were recasted to sell in the HK market. Don't buy it . Just go find a original. Sadly the original needs lots of modifications to complete. The original comes with no instructions and all parts may not fit correctly. The correct way is to find some small joints from revoltech or kotobukiya and that kit should look amazing.

I actually have the Hobby Base Repttu kit vf-2SS and it is not cast from that one that is for sure. The head is a different sculpt as well and all the other parts are not the same size or shape. The Repttu kit is a bit smaller than this kit, this kit is actually non-scale even though it says 1/100 since it is in a anime pose.

Hi save, if you can send me the full HK address I might be able to get more info on it! However as someone already mentioned, it could be a recast with an quickly sketched up instructions.

I'll get you the HK address. I'm guessing this kit was made back in the early 90's and back then most fan licensed or unlicensed kits had pretty badly illustrated instructions.

Its a modified version where he cut up some parts and stucks some parts together. Thats why it doesn't look dead on. The head is not suppose to be connected to the joint on the head but this one is connected becasue he must of puttied it and recasted it. The leg parts are exactly the same. He glued the fins which are white metal and then recasted the kit as a 1/100 kit.

I actually have the Hobby Base Repttu kit vf-2SS and it is not cast from that one that is for sure. The head is a different sculpt as well and all the other parts are not the same size or shape. The Repttu kit is a bit smaller than this kit, this kit is actually non-scale even though it says 1/100 since it is in a anime pose.

I'll get you the HK address. I'm guessing this kit was made back in the early 90's and back then most fan licensed or unlicensed kits had pretty badly illustrated instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a pic of the address.

post-3328-1244214487_thumb.jpg

Its a modified version where he cut up some parts and stucks some parts together. Thats why it doesn't look dead on. The head is not suppose to be connected to the joint on the head but this one is connected becasue he must of puttied it and recasted it. The leg parts are exactly the same. He glued the fins which are white metal and then recasted the kit as a 1/100 kit.

Finally got around to taking pic of both kits. Nope it is not a modified version of the Hobby Base Repttu kit. None of the parts are even close to the same size. The G-port kit head is almost twice as large as the HK kit so not only is it not puttied it is also not recasted since it is twice as small. The leg parts are not even close to being exactly the same either the HK kit legs are larger and fat. The Hobby Base Repttu kit's fins are also not made of white metal only the feet are made of metal the rest of the kit is resin.

post-3328-1244214506_thumb.jpgpost-3328-1244214528_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
someone needs to make one of this Mac II battroid models in 1/72 scale...

I suspect the reason for staying with the 1/100 scale is to compliment the Bandai 1/100 kit.

It really is too bad no garage kit makers ever did anything more than just one 1/72 VF-2SS-SAP kit. :(

You know I think I just might have this exact same kit. Back in the late 90's or very early 00's I got a VF-2ss kit off Yahoo Japan that looks alot like this one. The picture used in the auction showed some very stylized box art but the seller ended up coming back to me and said he had lost the box so all I got was the kit and instructions and I haven't seen the exact same kit again till maybe just now in this thread. Any chance you got a box with this kit? I'd recognize the box art instantly. Give me a couple days and I'll see if I can find my kit and photograph it for you.

I unfortunatly didn't save the picture of the box or if I did its lond gone as I've looked for it before. Think of a VF-2ss drawn with a Caligraphy pen using the minimal number of strokes. It was actually a pretty cool drawing and was the sort of thing I could see being used as a tattoo... not that I'm big on tattoos but that is what it made me think of. I'd love to track down that image again.

Carl