JSI 1/18 Scale F-14 Tomcat Announced

This is definitely the A model. The nozzles match, as the B and D models had more contemporary-style nozzles. Also, this model has the slots for the glove vanes of the A's.

EDIT: Also, you can see the canard inside the plane.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

If anyone here has ever been to an Airshow, museum or even been in the NAVY, Then you know that almost all Tomcats have swapped out pieces, parts, equipment, etc. F-14A's with Super Tomcat F110 engines, and yet the original sensor pod under the Nose, Cockpit and ejection seat upgrades and so on.

Quite frankly for a 1/18 scale TOY, not a resin kit or model kit, This F-14 looks amazing so far!! I'd prefer to know it was getting a VF-2 Bounty Hunters paint scheme, but otherwise I am impressed. B))

post-6180-1244577291_thumb.jpg

Well, the problem with what they're saying is that the plane shown is NOT a VF-84 Jolly Roger, or at least none that I've ever seen. While they may have gotten a few upgrades before switching to VF-103, I thought those modded countermeasure sidewinder rails were a relatively new thing?

And I can't help thinking they doubled up on the sensor pods.. I remember reading that the ones that were placed inside the upper intake lips were partially to replace the external ones in front of the main gear, and they only had room since they removed the glove vanes. This plane looks very much like it has both sets.

Wait--That's it! They need to add electronics to it that allow you to hear Top Gun quotes every time you press a button. They could even license the soundtrack and included with a built in mp3 player. I'd buy it. :lol:

"Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. "

"This gives me a hard-on..."

"Don't tease me."

I wonder how out of place this would look on the U.S.S. Flagg. If only I had a 1/18 scale aircraft carrier.

"Any of you boys seen an aircraft-carrier around here?" ;)

This is a completed toy, just like all of those other monster 1/18 scale planes from BBI, 21st Century, Admiral Toys, etc. I have a few examples sitting around opened and in the box and they take up alot of room. Hell, I haven't even opened up my 1/18 F-18 because that thing is over 3 feet long. I'm actually gonna' try and sell it because it's so damn big and I'm just not into it...

Hey, that's weird. ToyArk finally let me sign in with my TFW2005 info. Tried HISStank just in case, but still no-go for the Joes.

And I am *astounded* that they seem to have created working gear. Seconding Shin---how'd they do the rears? There's no way to "cheat", they have to rotate, and there's some very small doors/clearances for the main strut. (not to mention the locking link that goes into the nacelle itself)

Heck, even the nosegear is fairly complex, with the forward doors being acute and the rear ones obtuse--they got that right when even Century Wings didn't.

If they pick one of the GOOD Black Knights schemes, I'll have to get one. (they'll probably do the ones Century Wings already did though)

What markings are on that F-18? I had thought about getting one of those a while back, but held out hoping for an F-14.

It's this one, although keep in mind that the bird in the photos has had some custom work done to it-the BBI version isn't as detailed. Looking at those photos is making it hard for me to put this up for sale...

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5..._Doctor/00.shtm

Edited by myk

Seconding Shin---how'd they do the rears? There's no way to "cheat", they have to rotate, and there's some very small doors/clearances for the main strut. (not to mention the locking link that goes into the nacelle itself)

For those like me who don't have intimate knowledge on these things, I assume you are referring to this:

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-gearmain.mpeg

Yes and no. That vid clearly shows how the wheels themselves have to rotate 90 degrees to lay flat in the well. It does not show the locking strut that holds the main strut to the nacelle when the gear's down. See here: