I have no Idea David. I am not really good at identifying the massive amounts of mobile suits that have been made.

Anyone else order the Exia Avalanche option pats from NY? Mine has been sitting at preparing for shipment for a whole now.

Mine was shipped out two days ago via SAL.

Edited by joppewo

Just got the RD Wing Gundam. (as in, TV, Season 1 Episode 1--you know, the REAL Wing Gundam). Very tempted to ink it up a bit---I generally don't ink in Gundam *figures* (as opposed to models), but this one really seems built for it. Of course, if I ink in this one, I'm going to have to ink in Epyon and W-Zero and Sandrock too...

I have no Idea David. I am not really good at identifying the massive amounts of mobile suits that have been made.

Anyone else order the Exia Avalanche option pats from NY? Mine has been sitting at preparing for shipment for a whole now.

same, Mine been sitting at preparing since Sunday... I wonder if they had 2 shipment batch like their Metal build Avalanche.

i grabbed one (not from ny though). i don't even have an avalanche :ph34r:

The price almost double already.,, I though about getting another one to make it fit on my normal MB Exia but then I saw the current price and gave up.

Guest davidwhangchoi

loop, did you get your option parts yet? i found a avalanche plus weapon pack for 350 is that worth it?

same, Mine been sitting at preparing since Sunday... I wonder if they had 2 shipment batch like their Metal build Avalanche.

The price almost double already.,, I though about getting another one to make it fit on my normal MB Exia but then I saw the current price and gave up.

i have mine sitting as well. i think i'm going to get it shipped with avalanche to combine shipping

loop, did you get your option parts yet? i found a avalanche plus weapon pack for 350 is that worth it?

i have mine sitting as well. i think i'm going to get it shipped with avalanche to combine shipping

The plus weapon pack is the avalanche that came with what I think was like an extra sword or 2. It is extremely rare to find imo, but not sure I would drop $350 for it. I think that is like a $150+ markup. I had one on pre-order, but the shop I ordered from canceled the PO I made with them. :( I ended up ordering the normal version of it from NY. My option parts have been marked shipped btw, so they should get here pretty soon.

*Edit* David I just checked my invoice of the cancelled PO of the Avalanche plus weapon pack version, the total was ¥22,390 before shipping.

Edited by Loop

From the going rate of the "avalanche plus weapon pack" , if you can get it for $350, I think it's its still worth it.

But if you don't care for the extra swords and mount, then the normal version is good enough, especially if you are going to add in the dash option parts.

I got the normal version and the option pack. $150 more for just the weapons pack is not worth it for me, since I already have the swords from MB exia. I'm should be only missing the extra back clip and hip clips.

What I'm hoping for is for the "Option parts" to have those extra back clip and hip clips as a hidden special.

Yeah, after 4 days of processing , finally shipped out.

Guest davidwhangchoi

hey guys, i looked at trying to get a normal avalanche but it's 300. so it looks like the weapons plus pack for 50 is worth it as a collector. i'll let you know guys know if i get the order in. thanks guys for the advice.

imo, 50 dollar is worth it for a rare item but comparing the price at Mandarake, the difference is around 100 dollars and that amount is enough to make some to have second thought to spend for 100 dollar for a bracket and another set of swords and beam effect.

for collector though, Im pretty sure that 100 dollar investment will go a long way since Bandai rarely re-issue and most Gundam MB got a good price later on

Edited by chyll2

hey guys, i looked at trying to get a normal avalanche but it's 300. so it looks like the weapons plus pack for 50 is worth it as a collector. i'll let you know guys know if i get the order in. thanks guys for the advice.

Nippon-yasan has the normal version for 28,000 yen and ems shipping is 3600 yen. So it should be about $264.15 dollars after the conversion rate. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nippon-yasan has the normal version for 28,000 yen and ems shipping is 3600 yen. So it should be about $264.15 dollars after the conversion rate. :)

ok, thanks i may look into that option as well. thanks for looking out.

Do you guys have the NXEDGE SD figures? Are they comparable to Robot damashii and are they made of plastic or vinyl? Want to get the OO Raiser and Destiny but want to know first if they're worth the price.

I don't have any of those , but I remember they are a mix of vinyl and plastic , the main body is vinyl with its joint and weapon pack in plastic. Kinda like the older msia figure but with better quality control and joints . Due to the softer plastic the lining and edges will not be a sharp. The Robot Damashii line is probably worth more than this SD line

Guest davidwhangchoi

are you still looking for an extra?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

are you still looking for an extra?

yeah, still trying to fine a extra one for good price, you got any hook up?

after looking at the option part pics and video review it might not fit the metal build exia because the attachment points are on the side.

Guest davidwhangchoi

after looking at the option part pics and video review it might not fit the metal build exia because the attachment points are on the side.

thanks for pm'ing me you'll take the dash parts. ok, payment info sent your way!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey F360, what metal builds do you own.

what's your opinion of seven sword and 00raiser?

Oh, I love my Seven Sword and Raiser. I would be pretty reluctant though to pay the current asking prices. I know you asked F360, but here is my list:

Gundam 00
1x Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia (Tamashii Web)
1x Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia Option Parts Set (Tamashii Web)
1x Metal Build Gundam Exia Repair I
1x Metal Build Gundam Exia & Exia Repair III
1x Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Swords
1x Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III (Tamashii Web)
1x Metal Build Gundam 00 Riser (Tamashii Web)

Gundam Seed Destiny
1x Metal Build Gundam Freedom
1x Metal Build Gundam Destiny

Full Metal Panic!
1x Metal Build Laevatein

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh, I love my Seven Sword and Raiser. I would be pretty reluctant though to pay the current asking prices. I know you asked F360, but here is my list:

Gundam 00

1x Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia (Tamashii Web)

1x Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia Option Parts Set (Tamashii Web)

1x Metal Build Gundam Exia Repair I

1x Metal Build Gundam Exia & Exia Repair III

1x Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Swords

1x Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III (Tamashii Web)

1x Metal Build Gundam 00 Riser (Tamashii Web)

Gundam Seed Destiny

1x Metal Build Gundam Freedom

1x Metal Build Gundam Destiny

Full Metal Panic!

1x Metal Build Laevatein

thanks, oh wow, you got quite a collection there Loop!!! :o

similar to "Loop" I also love my Seven Sword, but I actually prefer Gundam 00 Raiser Special Marking Ver (Tamashii Web). All the joints feel a bit tighter, and it was also cheaper than high mark up price of the Seven Sword at the time of my purchase. Even with the die cast frame the big ass sword still feels too heavy for the 00 Gundam. The price for the Gundam 00 Raiser (Tamashii Web) is going up too.

But of course, you can always get the Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III and the Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Swords for the ultimate combo. It's will be a Macross KO on your wallet too. For the price the Gundam 00 Raiser Special Marking Ver (Tamashii Web) is a better deal. ( in the beginning I thought about using getting a MG seven sword kit so I can use their swords on the 00 Gundam, the only the ones that fit of course, but then I look at my unbuild gundam kits...........

"Loop" please don't mind if I copy pasta your list. it's too convenient not to. :p

Gundam 00
Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia (Tamashii Web)
Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia Option Parts Set (Tamashii Web) (finally received it from nippon-yasan today)
Metal Build Gundam Exia Repair I
Metal Build Gundam Exia & Exia Repair III
Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Swords
Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III (Tamashii Web)
Metal Build Gundam 00 Riser Special Marking VerTamashii Web)
Gundam Seed Destiny
Metal Build Gundam Freedom
Metal Build Gundam Destiny
Full Metal Panic!
Metal Build Laevatein
Preorder
Metal Build Gundam Astray Gold Frame
Still deciding on:
Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia Weapson plus pack ( :angry: bandai, can't you just toss that tiny extra sword mount in your option pack?, nooo or course not.)
I'm so happy that Bandai don't release Metal builds left and right because I have to balance it with their upcoming Valks (the VF-19 advance that I wasn't able to preorder,, along with Arcadia's upcoming stuff.
Edited by F360

Guest davidwhangchoi

similar to "Loop" I also love my Seven Sword, but I actually prefer Gundam 00 Raiser Special Marking Ver (Tamashii Web). All the joints feel a bit tighter, and it was also cheaper than high mark up price of the Seven Sword at the time of my purchase. Even with the die cast frame the big ass sword still feels too heavy for the 00 Gundam. The price for the Gundam 00 Raiser (Tamashii Web) is going up too.

But of course, you can always get the Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III and the Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Swords for the ultimate combo. It's will be a Macross KO on your wallet too. For the price the Gundam 00 Raiser Special Marking Ver (Tamashii Web) is a better deal. ( in the beginning I thought about using getting a MG seven sword kit so I can use their swords on the 00 Gundam, the only the ones that fit of course, but then I look at my unbuild gundam kits...........

"Loop" please don't mind if I copy pasta your list. it's too convenient not to. :p

Gundam 00
Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia (Tamashii Web)
Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia Option Parts Set (Tamashii Web) (finally received it from nippon-yasan today)
Metal Build Gundam Exia Repair I
Metal Build Gundam Exia & Exia Repair III
Metal Build 00 Gundam Seven Swords
Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III (Tamashii Web)
Metal Build Gundam 00 Riser Special Marking VerTamashii Web)
Gundam Seed Destiny
Metal Build Gundam Freedom
Metal Build Gundam Destiny
Full Metal Panic!
Metal Build Laevatein
Preorder
Metal Build Gundam Astray Gold Frame
Still deciding on:
Metal Build Gundam Avalanche Exia Weapson plus pack ( :angry: bandai, can't you just toss that tiny extra sword mount in your option pack?, nooo or course not.)
I'm so happy that Bandai don't release Metal builds left and right because I have to balance it with their upcoming Valks (the VF-19 advance that I wasn't able to preorder,, along with Arcadia's upcoming stuff.

thanks F360 and once my options comes in its' going straight to you B))

damn, so this is confusing. so if you got seven sword and Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III (Tamashii Web) you don't need to get 00raiser special marking? (very sorry, i haven't seen the gundam series yet though i have it the compete 00 anime legends series sealed on dvd)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

thanks F360 and once my options comes in its' going straight to you B))

damn, so this is confusing. so if you got seven sword and Metal Build Gundam 00 Raiser + GN Sword III (Tamashii Web) you don't need to get 00raiser special marking? (very sorry, i haven't seen the gundam series yet though i have it the compete 00 anime legends series sealed on dvd)

yeah, if you already have the [seven Sword] and the [00 raiser+GN sword] you'll be able to form your own Gundam Raiser.(gundam with a jet for backpack) So you don't really need the 00raiser special marking ver.

But if you don't have the seven sword and want a Gundam Raiser combo then the 00rasiser special marking ver (all in one) is the way to go.

The 00 raiser special marking vers is pretty much a repackage [00 Gundam without 3 of the seven sword] and add in their option part [00 raiser+ GN sword 3] change the paint a bit , add a bit of extra detail),

The Seven Sword Gundam is not in the anime only the Gundam Raiser.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, if you already have the [seven Sword] and the [00 raiser+GN sword] you'll be able to form your own Gundam Raiser.(gundam with a jet for backpack) So you don't really need the 00raiser special marking ver.

But if you don't have the seven sword and want a Gundam Raiser combo then the 00rasiser special marking ver (all in one) is the way to go.

The 00 raiser special marking vers is pretty much a repackage [00 Gundam without 3 of the seven sword] and add in their option part [00 raiser+ GN sword 3] change the paint a bit , add a bit of extra detail),

The Seven Sword Gundam is not in the anime only the Gundam Raiser.

thanks F360, i guess i have two of the same then. i just got all three.

so seven sword is non canon? maybe i need to watch the anime.

Well they aren't identical so no worries , now you can pose them in all the modes .

The seven sword is still canon , it just not shown in the anime but we're explained on the side stories.

After you watch the anime you'll probably want the Metal build Exia too.

I can already see it now , you gonna buy these like valks , a case at a time .

It would be hard for me to live without having that big ass buster sword that comes with the Seven sword. I dont display that one attacking though I usually mount it on the arm around the GN drive.

I have been collecting the GFFMC's too mainly for the Unicorn stuff. I wish they would have made the unicorn stuff in the Metal Build line.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well they aren't identical so no worries , now you can pose them in all the modes .

The seven sword is still canon , it just not shown in the anime but we're explained on the side stories.

they're all coming sealed. don't know if i can resist the temptation of opening one. :p i even pre-ordered on amazon the black and gold one.

It would be hard for me to live without having that big ass buster sword that comes with the Seven sword. I dont display that one attacking though I usually mount it on the arm around the GN drive.

I have been collecting the GFFMC's too mainly for the Unicorn stuff. I wish they would have made the unicorn stuff in the Metal Build line.

do you guys have them out displayed in detolfs? if you guys do, post up some pics please :)

what's GFFMC's? are they expensive?

do you guys have them out displayed in detolfs? if you guys do, post up some pics please :)

GFFMC or Gundam Fix Figuration: Metal Composite is another line of high-end die-cast gundam figures.

It pertains mostly to Hajime Katoki's design for the Universal Century (UC) mobile suits.

Being Katoki's designs, it has significantly much more decals (tampo prints) compared to the Metal Builds. (Imagine the decal spam on the Ver Ka. gunpla model kits)

You could refer to the following Tamashii link for the full list of what's been released thus far: http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/gugundam_fix_figuration_metal/

Edited by joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

GFFMC or Gundam Fix Figuration: Metal Composite is another line of high-end die-cast gundam figures.

It pertains mostly to Hajime Katoki's design for the Universal Century (UC) mobile suits.

Being Katoki's designs, it has significantly much more decals compared to the Metal Builds. (Imagine the decal spam on the Ver Ka. gunpla model kits)

You could refer to the following Tamashii link for the full list of what's been released thus far: http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/gugundam_fix_figuration_metal/

thx!

Guest davidwhangchoi

F360 i shipped out your options parts today

Yeah, if only, but i think they will stick with the Unicorn on their Metal Composite line because it's UC. But I wonder if they will make the Unicorn in their Metal Robot Damashii line.

By the way the Reissue of the Metal Composite RX-78 Origin is coming out soon, so if you don't already have it , it's one of the better Metal Composites.

they're all coming sealed. don't know if i can resist the temptation of opening one. :p i even pre-ordered on amazon the black and gold one.

I only have 1 detolfs due to laziness, on display are only 2 Macross, 3rd party transformers, and some old Gundam Comic Region. The rest of the stuff I open them for inspection, pose them, place them next to my laptop for a day or 2, and back in the box it goes. When I get a bigger place, I will finally be able to fill the walls, instead of stacking boxes to the ceiling. :ph34r::p .

Also if you are looking into Gundam Fix Figuration (GFF) Make sure it's GFFMC for metal composite. instead of the older GFF, which are in smaller 1/144 scale , have no die-cast, not really posable, with not so good GQ in their detail.

They were nice to collect back then , but not so much now.

Sorry David, I am soo out of space that I have most of my stuff in their boxes. As far as the GFFMC (Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite) line goes, I would say they are more of display pieces that you put on display. They tend to have less poseability compared to the metal build. The details are phenomenal though with massive amounts of tampo printing. I look at them as kind of a pre-cursor to the metal build line.

F360, I do have the Origin on pre-order. I missed it the first time cause I was not even collecting Gundam stuff on the first release, only Macross back then. I could not pass up on such an iconic Mobile suite.