Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

after being in Tokyo and browsing through the shelves of anime shops, I just think it's very implausible to see a business-suited Grace standing side by side those girl figures on the shelves, at least not without showing breasts, covered in goo, etc. So a flightsuit version is less implausible and probably more appealing to the target market w/o the need of goo, bra or panties.

Honestly, Cathy is not important enough, not compared to Grace anyway, and at least she got her own decals for the 1/72 model but Grace has got nothing.

Edited by regult

HLJ has their Macross Frontier sale on right now. Up to 80% off. Picked up all three of the 1/100 figures. I know they're a pain, but at $20-$25 a pop, that's not bad. They have some statues and figurines of the female characters in their sale.

Edited by pud333

It looks much better than the official pictures! Though the Megahouse/1kuji products are superior IMHO. The price is surely different though.

i was prepared to skip this one until you posted those pictures. still not yet fully convinced so i'll have to see it in person before pulling the trigger. is the cape removable this time?

• 4 weeks later...

I used to like the Banpresto Sheryl's; however this time I am disappointed. Hopefully it's just the picture.

But I don't like the costume from the start. Oh well.

(Removable to display in swimsuit mode? Hmm...)

Edited by ff95gj

• 2 weeks later...

Macross F Ichiban Kuji - Diva Collectionst 1st stage - Feb 2011

一番くじプレミアム マクロスF~歌姫コレクション~ファーストステージ

post-467-129721434439_thumb.jpg

http://www.moeyo.com/2011/02/wf2011w_banpresto_ichibankuji_macrossf-1st.html

(When did Ranka got such long legs?)

Macross F Ichiban Kuji - Diva Collectionst 2nd stage - March 2011

一番くじプレミアム マクロスF ~歌姫コレクション~ セカンドステージ

post-467-129721437062_thumb.jpg

http://www.moeyo.com/2011/02/wf2011w_banpresto_ichibankuji_macrossf-2nd.html

Edited by CF18

Got the Black Bunny in on Tuesday as expected, sorry it took long had to go to my second job plus geting my photos organzined and sorted also took long I got tired and went to bed. Plus I had a hard time getting the figure on it's base, at one time I had it standing on it own without the head sacrf on of course, but I finally got it on with a little force. By the way does anyone know what that sword like thing that connects to her left boot is for?

Box:

100_0483.jpg

100_0485.jpg

looking for a place to display

100_0486.jpg

bumming it with fellow Ichiban fig Klang

100_0487.jpg

stand on it own w/o scarf

100_0489.jpg

100_0494.jpg

Finally on the base right.

100_0495.jpg

hello boys.

100_0497.jpg

It looks much better than the official pictures! Though the Megahouse/1kuji products are superior IMHO. The price is surely different though.

Maybe it's just me calling sour grapes, but after the excitement of seeing the original concept art back in October last year, I was not impressed by how the face turned out for the Banpresto prize. :(

Maybe it's just me calling sour grapes, but after the excitement of seeing the original concept art back in October last year, I was not impressed by how the face turned out for the Banpresto prize. :(

It's not sour grapes... It surely is sub-standard as a figure.

Just to be fair, it's selling cheap too. However I am willing to pay more for a Megahouse level product.

I had the same reaction, I saw the picture of the pre-production Figure on the box and the current figure does not look like it. It's like they went with a different face artist from the original guy whom did a great job.

100_0500.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0505.jpg

100_0513.jpg

Finally found a good spot

100_0514.jpg

100_0515.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Thanks for the shots VF-18S Hornet and congrats on your purchase.

I gotta agree with nanoplasm here. Previews looked GREAT...but what happened to her face? :(

Aaaah sorry! I was referring to December SQ Black X White bunny for the UFO machine. ^ :p

The 1kuji Black bunny is actually much better than the SQ X-over bunny IMO. :D

I had the same reaction, I saw the picture of the pre-production Figure on the box and the current figure does not look like it. It's like they went with a different face artist from the original guy whom did a great job.

1KUJI black bunny = Good!

Dec UFO X-over bunny = meh! ^_^

It's not sour grapes... It surely is sub-standard as a figure.

Just to be fair, it's selling cheap too. However I am willing to pay more for a Megahouse level product.

The concept of the x-over bunny figure is pure win. I hope they release a similiar one with improved quality ^_^

It's a shame that so much effort was put into the finger nails, hair, and details on the clothing, it's injustice what they did to her face. :mellow:

Oh Megahouse...where are thou?

Whilst thee grace our presence with thee divine sculptures of Macross Frontier lore?

Translation: DAMINT Megahouse! Give us more figs!!!