Megahouse Ranka in swimsuit 1:8 figure

CF18

Hopefully Bandai's MacF VB-6 will be better than Yamato's attempt. Needs more gerwalk posability, fewer giant gaps, better detailed arms, and some badass lineart-accurate armor!

Although at this rate, we're all going to have to build it from a model kit if they try to DXify the Koenig. lol.

Edited by Cent

Hopefully Bandai's MacF VB-6 will be better than Yamato's attempt. Needs more gerwalk posability, fewer giant gaps, better detailed arms, and some badass lineart-accurate armor!

Although at this rate, we're all going to have to build it from a model kit if they try to DXify the Koenig. lol.

I'm starting to think that Bandai just packed a lot of money into sponsoring the show and the toys are basically supposed to be a cheap after-thought meant to get that money back as quickly and cheaply as possible.

I hold no ill grudge against Bandai if that's the case. I'm glad they sponsored such a wonderful anime.

I'm also glad they did the models for people like me instead of totalyl not caring.

I don't believe that they'll make a good Monster. I'm expecting the Quarter to be crap. I think every DX toy they make for Frontier is going to be crap.

That's life.

And I love Ranka :)

Pete Mr. Lingerie

Edited by VFTF1

I'm starting to think that Bandai just packed a lot of money into sponsoring the show and the toys are basically supposed to be a cheap after-thought meant to get that money back as quickly and cheaply as possible.

I hold no ill grudge against Bandai if that's the case. I'm glad they sponsored such a wonderful anime.

I'm also glad they did the models for people like me instead of totalyl not caring.

I don't believe that they'll make a good Monster. I'm expecting the Quarter to be crap. I think every DX toy they make for Frontier is going to be crap.

That's life.

And I love Ranka :)

Pete Mr. Lingerie

That's wayy too negative and even a little illogical, IMO. After spending so much on sponsoring and buying the rights to the show, Bandai is obviously going to want to milk it for all it's worth. And face it, with CAD and CNC, making an anime-accurate DX model is probably not much harder than the chunky monkey they actually produced-- they proved this with their model kit. However, the vast majority of Bandai's customers are young children and their parents, not fans like the people on this board. All this young children (and especially their parents) won't buy a 200 dollar toy that has complex transformation and comes with lots of sharp pokey parts for them to poke their eyes out-- they want something they can smash against the wall and come out ok.

The next biggest group of Bandai customers would probably be the Gundam modellers-- these people are more discerning about anime accuracy, and don't mind the complex assembly process required, hence the vast difference in looks between the model kit and the DX. It's just the free market at work, Pete! All of us aren't the primary target customerr for Bandai, unlike Yamato, so Bandai has to cater for a different audience!

Cent: I would dearly like Bandai to come up with a 1/100 (if 1/60 is too big) Konig Monster-- it would go nicely with their VF100s line!

Edited by edwin3060

All this young children (and especially their parents) won't buy a 200 dollar toy that has complex transformation and comes with lots of sharp pokey parts for them to poke their eyes out-- they want something they can smash against the wall and come out ok.

But the children and their parents WILL buy a 100 dollar toy that is ugly, fat, has crooked lasers, can't stand properly in Gerwalk mode, has a pilot that looks like a booger hanging from a two year old's nose, doesn't have poseable fingers, can't store its' shield anywhere, need an erection to be attached to its' back in order to hold its' gunpod in gerwalk mode (thereby making it also look ridiculous from behind) and has metal screws with the durability of toothpicks?

I never understood that logic.

However - I suppose you're right.

Supreme Movie Transformers Bumblebee was equally retarded - yet parents paid for it and kids loved it - even though it cost obscene money for the low quality it had. Same with BM Supreme Cheetor.

By "obscene money" I mean comparatively speaking - when you could get something far more beautiful, with better details, quality etc etc for pretty much the equivalent.

But that's just me...

Pete

I'm not a fan of the DX, but I can understand that young children don't really care for the qualities this forum demands. I would not be so harsh on the shoulder screw issue either...

Then again, when I buy toys for kids under 13, I would expect them to be under $60.. >_>

As usual, Cent, you (like other people often do) manage to make my point for me in one sentence... whereas I need about a paragraph - and it still comes out incoherent :)

But that really was basically my point. The DX is priced like an up-market collectible but made like it was supposed to compete with Megazords for the attention of little kids... yet somehow at the same time pretend to appeal to "collectors" (because ooo ...it's "1:60 scaled" and ...ooo...it is more precise than a megazord"...or something....)

I'm probably being unfair to the DX - but I was expecting more - although - I am happy we got the models. Can't wait to get mine :)

Pete

It is a nice figure.

Just I don't like Ranka showing off too much skin... however let's hope Bandai will do a 1/60 Kong Monster.

I'm a little confused, why are we talking about Bandai making a 1/60 scale konig Monster when this is a thread for a Megahouse 1/8 scale Ranka figure?

after this comes out, Megahouse better make a sheryl fig, and she'd better be cast off.

I'm a little confused, why are we talking about Bandai making a 1/60 scale konig Monster when this is a thread for a Megahouse 1/8 scale Ranka figure?

after this comes out, Megahouse better make a sheryl fig, and she'd better be cast off.

don't like the figure but like the art -> someone wants a high res of the art -> someone would like the high res art for a sticker for a custom konig -> someone would rather bandai just make one instead of having to make a custom -> someone agrees.

I hope Megahouse does something similar to the Queen's Blade figures minus the nudity. All the Queen's figures had removable clothes thus would be perfect for Sheryl's concert look.

Skipping one this Ranka for now, I already have the 1/8 Megahouse Klan Klein Micron version and the Premium Lottery Ichiban Kuji set of 3 coming out...

I hope Megahouse does something similar to the Queen's Blade figures minus the nudity. All the Queen's figures had removable clothes thus would be perfect for Sheryl's concert look.

Skipping one this Ranka for now, I already have the 1/8 Megahouse Klan Klein Micron version and the Premium Lottery Ichiban Kuji set of 3 coming out...

I hope they do Sheryl like the queens blade Figures including the nudity, my Queen's Blade Nanael is awesome.

I love Megahouse products but I'm skipping this and the micro Klan, I'm not into loli and I alread put down for the ichiban klan. I'm crossing my fingers for a Sheryl, and Grace (flight suit grace)

don't like the figure but like the art -> someone wants a high res of the art -> someone would like the high res art for a sticker for a custom konig -> someone would rather bandai just make one instead of having to make a custom -> someone agrees.

Let me rephrase it a little bit:

don't like the figure but like the art -> someone wants a high res of the art -> someone would like the high res art for a sticker for a custom konig -> yamato könig sucks -> someone would rather bandai just make one instead of having to make a custom -> bandai 1/60 DX vf-25 sucks -> a 1/60 yamato vf-25 will self destruct -> bandai 1/100 vf-25 is better -> bandai should do 1/100 könig -> bandai makes kiddy toys -> fan A doesn't like castor wheels -> fan B doesn't like imploding shoulders -> fan C hates robotech -> fan D hates toynami -> toynami's Thread is the best thing since sliced bread -> CM's alpha/beta is better -> it's called legioss/tread you moron!!! -> but robotech was the spearhead of anime in the western world!!! -> Agent ONE is awesome -> Agent ONE gets banned -> Agent ONE returns to Macrossworld -> you are off topic -> STFU -> what is STFU? -> Graham "please stay on topic guys" -> someone agrees.

:lol:

i think it's supposed to be "up" instead of op.

if you look at the whole thing with the background head on, it says

"call up monster girl"

I'm not sure, but my personal interpret for the whole Art is "Call Ranka(Ranka Picture) Monster Girl". And the "OP" simply is an one-eyed monster sticking out its tongue, just like the normal : P but from a monster.

Edited by Repiv_Onex

I'm not sure, but my personal interpret for the whole Art is "Call Ranka(Ranka Picture) Monster Girl". And the "OP" simply is an one-eyed monster sticking out its tongue, just like the normal : P but from a monster.

pete, please give this man back his account.

Display at MegaHobby Expo 2009

Source:

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/02/tp0102.html

the engrish on the background is so damn distracting, every time I see a pic of it my eyes go strait to the O and thing "dammit, that should be a U"

and more off topic, why is it that all the IM@S figures have really bad facial expressions.

I'm guessing its not something a little paint can fix.

Hopefully they'll fix it before they tampo it over a VB-6

And I don't think her expression is bad. If I were to be picky, I'd say that her mouth seems to be a little off, causing her cheeks to look a little swollen... but otherwise it's just fine.

Edited by Cent

I'm guessing its not something a little paint can fix.

Hopefully they'll fix it before they tampo it over a VB-6

And I don't think her expression is bad. If I were to be picky, I'd say that her mouth seems to be a little off, causing her cheeks to look a little swollen... but otherwise it's just fine.

actually I was going off topic and talking about the Idol master figures shown on the web page.

http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?main_pa...41ilal9vhvvhe22

I want to like this figure, but the face just kills it.

on another note, I love the little chara fortune figures.