Hasbro's Heroes line, Like em or Hate em?

marx

Hasbro has a line of toys that takes many popular franchises and deforms their shapes to cartoon like proportions. There is something cute and funny about this series of toys. But I know that some people just prefer realistic proportions for their toys. Strangely enough I kind of like the toys as it is a different take on the franchises. I do have some reservations though about the price of the toy, ($7) especially in consideration that these things are so small that they almost belong in a cereal box. From what can I tell their are 5 different franchises getting the Heroes treatment by Hasbro. Maybe their are more? Anyways, do you like the line or hate it and why?

GI Joe Combat Heroes

Transformers Robot Heroes

Indiana Jones Adventure Heroes

Star Wars Galactic Heroes

Marvel Super Heroes Squad

68874180b226_Main400.jpg829123035824_Main400.jpg405882283c4f_Main400.jpg

8774220e97d4_Main400.jpg69288bb1691_Main400.jpg

At times, I was tempted to get these - but the "real" thing is better in almost every case- TF, GI Joe... Star Wars... so the appeal is near zero.

I feel like - at the age of 29 - I've finally outgrown Hasbro's target audience :) I have no matured into Bandai, Yamato and, eventually, Takara-Tomy's target audience :)

Pete

At times, I was tempted to get these - but the "real" thing is better in almost every case- TF, GI Joe... Star Wars... so the appeal is near zero.

I feel like - at the age of 29 - I've finally outgrown Hasbro's target audience :) I have no matured into Bandai, Yamato and, eventually, Takara-Tomy's target audience :)

Pete

That makes me wonder about who their target audience is. They are making toys based off cartoons from the 1980's. Whens the last time the 80's GI joe and the 80's transformers were on tv? I wonder if kids are as familiar with those series as they are with say spongebob and the stuff that's on cartoon network. If I were a kid and went to a toy store I'd be confused about seeing transformer toys that aren't from transformers animated.

That's a good point - but it assumes that all kids are equally sophisticated, and that parents don't sometimes just want to "buy some cheap kiddy stuff".... But... on the other hand...yeah - dag...good point... I guess the Transformers ones would sort of be aimed at collectors... but then again - don't Transformers Robot Heroes span the entire range of TF universes?

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
I have to wonder what happend between wave 1 and wave 2 and 3 combat heroes. Wave 1 doesn't look bad by itself but when you compare it to the wave 2 and 3 it's somewhat shameful.

I honest to gosh fail to see the difference... ? :huh:

Pete

hate they for their price, like them for their cuteness and variety.

Why I dislike the price is because, well let's use this for an example. In most cases, and we'll use Transformers for the example, I can get a Legend class Transformer, tiny yet it transformers, for nearly 3 dollars cheaper than a pack of 2 non transforming action posed figures.

Granted in the argument, you get TWO of these lil guys, but I got a transformer that does what it's suppose to do and is also cute.

Maybe Indiana Jones, Starwars and GI-Joe heroes are different, but Transformer wise, waste of money. I bought one of those walmart exclusive deals where I got Prime, Cliffjumper, Mirage, Megatron, Thundercracker, etc for 15 bucks...maybe what a rip that was. The buildings couldn't even stay up.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the original Star Wars line when it first came out with vehicles and whatnot but as these figures evolve I feel like they've gotten away from what made them great in the first place. They started as simple little guys with not too much detail but decent little gimmicks, but now I feel like there's too much detail to them. (I think Kubricks have gone the same way.) Not to mention the increased price point.

God I hate these f**king things. I HAD to buy Hound though even though I don't actively collect TF's, because my damn OCD disorder with collecting him. I have EVERY version of Hound US and Japanese, and Homage to Hound (energon Ironhide, ehobby, etc.) in MIB or MISB. Even Diaclone and Italian Diaclone...I need serious help. I even noticed how Armada had him in it in the beginning for like 3 seconds, so I watched the whole crappy series hoping he'd show up in it. Point is, I own one, and his retarded ass is looking at me right now soiling up my cool looking Hound shelf and laughing at me...