1. 1. What do you think?

• VF-0 Series
    • VF-1 Series (1/60 v.2)
    • VF-1 Series (1/48)
    • SV-51 Series
    • YF-19
    • YF-21

I need the new 1/60s, but my 1/48s are better! ^_^

The best deal I've got was on my first 1/48 1S and 1J (bought them together). Was US$77 each brand new.

i think he's talking about this :

"Yamato 1/60 Version 2.0 Roy Fokker VF-1S...best money I've spent yet! If you're sitting there thinking "I don't need the new 1/60's, my 1/48's are better!", you're dead wrong"

...on his sig... :rolleyes:

I had to carefully rethink my choice...which took about a few seconds...I voted for the SV-51. I have not purchased a 1/60 yet. I think the SV-51 had won my vote, in design, transformation and looks. I've only purchased the Ivanov version...the right leg broke on me while twisting... the inside just snapped during a very careful transformation. Sucks.

But yah! SV-51 for me, though I have most 1/48 VF-1 valkryies.

1/48's !! The size, proportion, ease of transformation, landing gear!! Love it, my only complaint ever were the hands they came with, but thats an easy fix. I would voted for the 1/60 VF-0 Phoenix, but with the QC issues making it a train wreck and a risk for the money I had to by pass it, still one of my favorite designs though.

Also as noted by those who mentioned the VF-0 does transform like it does in the OVA, with the issues Yamato had with the arms, can you imagine them using those slim swing bars for the legs, could have been the 1/72 VF-11 all over again!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

I voted VF-0 and it was a hard choice but it just looks so great in all three modes. As far as a beautiful sculpt, I think it just takes the cake. SV-51 and 1/48 VF-1 were the runners up in my mind. I am not surprised that not many people voted for VF-0 though.

I voted VF-0 and it was a hard choice but it just looks so great in all three modes. As far as a beautiful sculpt, I think it just takes the cake. SV-51 and 1/48 VF-1 were the runners up in my mind. I am not surprised that not many people voted for VF-0 though.

Actually that (Zero) would have been my second choice, i based my award (YF-21) on it's intricate design and well thought out variable process.

And yeah i would have voted for SV-51, but the fighter mode just doesn't sit well with me for some reason, looks betterin the anime. lol.

Ehh.. I think the SV-51 is just too intimidating :) It's too good to win :) I am sorely tempted to vote for it, but the question isn't best Yamato of all time in general, but best in terms of proportions - right? - and in that sense I again reiterate that really; beyond personal preference, it's hard to say that any one yamato stands out as better in terms of proportions than the others. All of them are works of brilliant art.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

well said schizophrenicmc i think beatting the 1:48 even for yamato was really hard, because they made it so good, that is difficult to reach, in some areas they wanted to improve and probably they make it like the arms hidden in fighter mode but in general terms i think, at least for me the 1:60 v. is not completely better.

Shouldn't the question be what is the least worst QC Yamato ever made. Amazing how a company that produces toys with such poor QC can survice. Personally I don't think they are that much better than Toynami.

Go Bandai!

That's a bold statement!!! :blink: