Banpresto Ichiban Kuji Macross Frontier Goods

Save

Alright, I'm back and I just finished doing an initial set of photos. Unfortunately they've got a 10 image link limit per post so this could tak a little bit. Anyways I'll start with the review.

First let me say that this is a big figure (25cm) and it comes in an even bigger box (30cm X 29.5cm X 14cm). The box itself is actually rather nice, it's a thin card stock similar to the usual yamato box but it's nicely designed and shows off the figure well if you plan to leave this one in the box. (understandable considering the collectable potential of this series.)

I was a little unhappy about how they chose to pack the figure in the box though. There must have been at least a square yard of protective plastic wrapped around every conceivable part of her which made for some nerve racking moments trying to liberate the figure without breaking anything. Also they packaged the stand in a plastic bag taped to the back of the box such that the only way to get it free was to rip up the back of the package. Not a big deal but a little annoying since I prefer to save the boxes for these things.

the figure itself is very well sculpted, incorporating a lot of nice detail and doing a great job of reproducing Klan's most *ahem* prominent features. a lot has been said about her breasts already so I'm just going to say this: they're even more impressive in person, and they seem anime accurate enough to me.

The rest of her body is well composed in an attractive pose and her uniform is faithfully recreated with very nice panel lines and details. I'd also like to note how good a job they did on her hair. It has really nice volume and movement to it and best of all they were able to assemble it without any ugly exposed joints. Good job Banpresto. as for the face, a lot of people have complained about how full her lips look. Personally I thought so too when I first started seeing photos, but now that I have it in person it actually looks pretty good.

Production on her is fairly good. The casting job is competent, all the details are crisp and only the faintest mold lines exist on her sides. The paint job is good as well, with a nice mix of matte and gloss textures, and a nice mix of metalic and pearl paint on here uniform. The only real gripe I have is that the complete lack of shading except for on her hair, but the panel lines and mix of colors on her uniform largely makes up for this.

The other gripe I have is with the stand. It works fine to hold here up but because the two pegs on it are slightly different sizes you can only attach her to it one way. The problem is that the stand ends up backwards so when viewed from the front it reads 'W' instead of 'M' <_<

th_Klan1.jpgth_Klan2.jpgth_Klan3.jpgth_Klan4.jpgth_Klan5.jpgth_Klan6.jpgth_Klan7.jpgth_Klan8.jpg

th_Klan38.jpg

th_Klan43.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Today, I got the other 2 parts (Ranka and Sheryl). The Sheryl is absolutely amazing and very high quality. The detail of all of them is simply amazing. I'm glad I bit the bullet on these, as I think they were worth the price. The Klan and Sheryl are the 2 best. Sheryl and Ranka are quite spot on. I'll try to take pics tomorrow.

While I now have a few sports towels to last a lifetime... here is the extra I have... I would put a buy option up but my account is new (not used alot) so my rep is low (no negative), you need 10+ to have the buy now option.

Banpresto MACROSS FRONTIER KONIG MONSTER Sports Towel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696044

ICHIBAN KUJI Banpresto MACROSS Klan figure in box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696123

3 x ICHIBAN KUJI Banpresto MACROSS Klan figure in box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696132

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696123

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696140

ICHIBAN KUJI Banpresto MACROSS Sheryl figure in box

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696153

ICHIBAN KUJI Banpresto MACROSS VF-25F Figure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696165

Banpresto MACROSS FRONTIER Queadluun-Rea RED figure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696170

ICHIBAN KUJI Banpresto MACROSS VF-25F Alto Figure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696180

Banpresto MACROSS FRONTIER VF-27 Luficer ICHIBAN KUJI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696186

Banpresto MACROSS FRONTIER Queadluun-Rea Grey figure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180343696193

While I now have a few sports towels to last a lifetime... here is the extra I have... I would put a buy option up but my account is new (not used alot) so my rep is low (no negative), you need 10+ to have the buy now option.

Hey silversilver,

you might generate more interest if you posted this in the "For Sale" or "Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials" sections ^_^

Here is the pic of Klan Klan B))

The helmet

klan3.jpg

Now I am seriously consider getting the VF-25G hmmmmm

That's the helmet I am missing...thanks for the pics.

Mine looks the same, some paint scratches due to rough packaging and shipping (it's a QC-rejected leak to Hong Kong...cannot complain too much, at least I got the figure!)

Don't take the bait, the G will still be dwarfed by Klan...they're not meant to be to-scale...

I might take a few comparison pics and close ups later once I have a chance to shoot this in daylight.

Thanks too for the extensive photo review!! (I looked so closely at every picture!, but saved everyone from looking at them again in my reply). Wish mine had a helmet! but still, better no-helmet than no-Klan at all.

Woohoo! I got mine today at my office. Somehow I could never track the item. Now that I have it, I can see that the tracking number they e-mailed was completely wrong. Oh well, alls well that ends well. :D

Now I have to figure out what to tell the wife when I bring it home. I would like to put it next to my Q-Rau in my display case, but that is just asking for trouble. I suppose it will have to sit in the closet for now. :( Maybe someone can do a breast reduction surgery of sorts on it. I have no skills in that department. Frankly, I wonder how that area of medicine ever advanced in the first place. :lol:

Your wife would have a problem with the sculpt? Would she really allow you to keep it if the breast were smaller? My wife just laughed, thought it was kinda funny, but she did like the sculpt. She thinks the Sheryl one is the best overall. I love all 3 of them, but the Klan has wider lips on the sculpt than the anime. Still, no complaints, these look amazing when put all together.

Your wife would have a problem with the sculpt? Would she really allow you to keep it if the breast were smaller? My wife just laughed, thought it was kinda funny, but she did like the sculpt. She thinks the Sheryl one is the best overall. I love all 3 of them, but the Klan has wider lips on the sculpt than the anime. Still, no complaints, these look amazing when put all together.

Let me put it to you this way. She used to have a huge problem with me even going to Hooters. She's mellowed out about some of that stuff over the years. But, I know how she is, she'll probably go off on me about how I only like women with big breasts which isn't really true. About the "only" part that is. :D In any case, I've learned to pick my battles wisely. Keep in mind, if I were to display it, it would be very prominently displayed in our home in our formal living room.

I have several other Macross figures such as the CM's Minmay, Mylene Jenius, as well as a large figure of Noriko from Gunbuster in my display cases. She hasn't said anything about any of that stuff. I just think Klan's boobs are so over the top huge it would fall under a different level of scrutiny. She wouldn't ever say anything about me having it. It's the displaying it that might get her upset.

Let me put it to you this way. She used to have a huge problem with me even going to Hooters. She's mellowed out about some of that stuff over the years. But, I know how she is, she'll probably go off on me about how I only like women with big breasts which isn't really true. About the "only" part that is. :D In any case, I've learned to pick my battles wisely. Keep in mind, if I were to display it, it would be very prominently displayed in our home in our formal living room.

I have several other Macross figures such as the CM's Minmay, Mylene Jenius, as well as a large figure of Noriko from Gunbuster in my display cases. She hasn't said anything about any of that stuff. I just think Klan's boobs are so over the top huge it would fall under a different level of scrutiny. She wouldn't ever say anything about me having it. It's the displaying it that might get her upset.

Just show it to her as soon as you get it, she probably doesn't know much about Macross Frontier so just say something like I ordered this and look at what they sent me, isn't it ridiculous, must be a joke right? Make a joke that you also think it's over the top and then say well I can't let that money goto waste and display it where you want. She's think it's a joke figure that you keep around... :ph34r:

awesome pics... me likey this one... :)

Hey, the a$$-man is in town! ;)

About my other dilemma, I'll just keep it in the closet for a bit. Then one day I"ll swap out some toys in the display case and not say anything about it. I think she won't even notice it for many weeks. Then one day she may finally notice it and ask about it. At which point, I can casually say "Oh, that's been there for a while now." :rolleyes:

Edited by sharky

Hey, the a$$-man is in town! ;)

About my other dilemma, I'll just keep it in the closet for a bit. Then one day I"ll swap out some toys in the display case and not say anything about it. I think she won't even notice it for many weeks. Then one day she may finally notice it and ask about it. At which point, I can casually say "Oh, that's been there for a while now." :rolleyes:

LOL, yeah... a$$ all the way... B))

i would never get away w/ that... the only thing my wife will allow me to buy when it comes to sexy female anime figs are action figs like figmas or revos... this is the only excuse i can get away w/ - "oh, but hon, these are action figures... see, you can pose them this way or that... its not like i'm buying sexy statues like these other pervs :p do (proceeds to show pics of sexy fig collections on www... :) )"...

At which point, I can casually say "Oh, that's been there for a while now." rolleyes.gif

good luck... w/ a rack like that, i'm pretty sure she will notice it... ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

My wife understands that this is anime characters. They come in different shapes and sizes. I guess it also helps that my wife likes Macross, Robotech, and all that in between. Aside from the boobs, she likes Klans character as a whole, and what aspects she finds ridiculous in design, is made up in character.

Honestly, if my wife thought negatively of my collection, and I knew I was going to get a very hard time over it, I'd probably stick it in a closet as well, and take it out later. Then I could truthfully say, "I've had this for awhile". My ex-wife was insecure to no end, and hated it when I first started collecting. But I think every guy has to have a hobby, and on this board, this seems to be our hobby. Good luck on making it all work out.

I guess I am lucky...the wife and I were looking for the VF1/100s when suddenly we were like struck by lightning at the sight of the macro Klan displayed in one of the shops.

Honestly, we both went "Whoa!" and made the shopkeeper jump. Then realized it was a "bootleg" or QC-rejected batch, but before I came to my senses, I was searching inside a box with a dozen or so figures, most of which were Klan with sth broken. Picked up one after a long while (then the wife was still helping me select the least damaged one) and upon paying without even bargaining, the wife reminded me I payed what a VF plamo is worth, and it wasn't even properly packaged (QC-defective), and made the following remarks about the boobs: "they look like aubergines". We watched Frontier together and she liked the character too, but just thinks the boobs are hilariously large.

EDIT: I actually think they could have gone a bit lighter on the boobs with the sculpt, but I understand it belongs to a niche market in Japan.

Edited by regult

Apr 1 13:44 Posting/Collection ASAKUSA Branch Tokyo metropolis

Apr 03 17:55 Arrival at inward office of exchange VANCOUVER CANADA

Apr 04 08:25 Departure from inward office of exchange VANCOUVER CANADA

TODAY, still NOTHING...

Canada post office just SOOOOOOOO slow.

:o

I put my ladies on my dresser so I can "touch them", LOL, just kidding. I have no shelf space anymore, so that's where they'll stay for awhile. My wife thinks they are pretty damn cool, and that's alright w/ me. Glad you got the others ff95g.

I pulled my Arii Misa figure out from the back of my display cabinet. the Arii 15th anniversary figures are supposed to be 1/6th scale and surprisingly is still bigger than klan.

post-4286-1239225583_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1239225648_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1239225717_thumb.jpg

I pulled my Arii Misa figure out from the back of my display cabinet. the Arii 15th anniversary figures are supposed to be 1/6th scale and surprisingly is still bigger than klan.

post-4286-1239225583_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1239225648_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1239225717_thumb.jpg

Maybe the pose of Klan and the plataform that use the Misa figure help him to appear taller but seems equal in scale.

Omg the Macross Frontiers ladies are here, I´m so jealous :p , I demand pics !!! :D