Toys of the Leiji Matsumoto world

Vifam7

In case anyone missed it, a super cool diecast model of the Queen Emeraldas has been released. CollectionDX had a preview of it here:

I just got this a few days ago and it is awesome. Not sure but I think the size will go nicely with the upcoming DX Macross Quarter.

IMG_0523a.jpg

IMG_0527a.jpg

Also out is the Yamato Mechanical Collection - Shipborne Aircraft set

(images stolen from SRW blog)

yamakan0002.jpg

yamakan0007.jpg

yamakan0012.jpg

Though it doesn't say, these gashapons are roughly 1/144 scale.

They'll fit in nicely with the F-toys 1/144 Valkyrie fighters.

IMG_0532a.jpg

IMG_0533a.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

Brother, you dont know how long I am waiting for that.

I paid for my preorder Nov 11....LAST YEAR. Been over a year, and counting!

I believe there's supposed to be a Daigokin rendition of Desslar's ship too. I saw a photo of an unpainted prototype last year around the same time the Andromeda was announced. That would be sick cool....

Actually, two Hong Kong sellers just confirmed with me (separately) that the Daigokin Andromeda is FINALLY out. Been showing up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions as well. Mine should be shipping soon. Should look great next to the SOP Yamato and Aoshima Arcadias & Emeraldas. Hopefully Marmit's 10 month delay translates into perfection of the details. Their other Daigokins were quite well executed, so expectations are high.

Holy crap. Someone on ebay wants it for $529. How much did you pay for yours?

Ebay

I paid for my preorder Nov 11....LAST YEAR. Been over a year, and counting!

I believe there's supposed to be a Daigokin rendition of Desslar's ship too. I saw a photo of an unpainted prototype last year around the same time the Andromeda was announced. That would be sick cool....

Holy Fraking Crapola!

All these Marmit Daigokins are pretty pricey, but worth it IMO. I also have the Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger and Grendizer Daigokins, and they are beautiful and HEAVY given that they're almost 100% metal. If I recall correctly, the Super Robot Daigikins are almost 8 pounds. 8 pounds of cold, hard metal!

It looks like Marmit's next is indeed Deslar's flagship.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/maga/fk/03_2008/079.html

(top left corner)

Thanks, UN Spacy! I've posted the actual pic for easier ogling. Looks great. We've got a bona fide Leiji Matsumoto fleet building now with 2 Arcadias, Emeraldas, Yamato, Andromeda and Deslar' flagship...

Can anyone translate the Japanese text? Order deadline by December?

deslarsp6.jpg

But are they all in scale with each other?

No idea, since none of the manufacturers (Bandai, Aoshima and Marmit) state the scale of these toys.

They are all about the same size on an absolute basis though, and they look like they're in scale. I would assume that ships made by the same manufacturer would be in scale with one another: For example, the Aoshima Arcadias and Emeraldas.

And comparing the Aoshimas to the Bandai Yamato, the little fighter planes that come with the sets are pretty much the same size, leading me to believe scales are similar, if not the same.

No idea about the Andromeda until it gets here...but for it to be in scale it would need to be larger than the Yamato, no?

OMG emerson that Cosmo Zero looks BEAUUUUUTIFUL.

Taito sure has been nice with all of their recent Matsumoto related products.

Did anyone pick up the Galaxy Express 999 Gravity Saber?

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAT459246700

Did you guys also know they have a 1/1 scale Wave Motion Gun Trigger for sale?

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAT459275000

(I'm guessing you'll also need their Flash Edition Yamato to make it work properly)

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAT459274900

• 3 weeks later...
THIS is what I have been waiting for: Daigokin Andromeda from Marmit. Original release date was supposed to be Jan 2008. No news, and I paid for my preorder upfront!

http://www.marmit.co.jp/tuhan2/dgk-005a.htm

dgk005a4gc3.jpg

That is truly the sexiest ship design ever. Now I'm going to forget that thing exists so I'm not tempted to spend far too much money on it with no place to put it!

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Bandai's BPX-01 to me.

Me wantee!

Vostok 7

Yep, that's the 2001 original release BPX-01.

I was surprised to see how small Deslar's ship was...I know it was supposed to be a bit smaller than the Yamato and Andromeda, but I'm disappointed by Marmit's decision to make this soooo out of scale. Looks like a life raft in comparison to the big ships.

Anyway, I hope Aoshima and Marmit keep these coming...

Edited by emerson

More pics of the Andromeda!

Why does it have a ton of carbon scoring?

Was it recently in a fight with several White Comet battleships?

The "weathering" comes off much more pronounced as a result of the camera flash. It's more subtle in person. Still too heavy-handed, IMO, but no so bad in 3D. :)

Awesome display there Emerson ^_^

I've got the Taito 1/1 Wave Motion Gun Trigger & Super Mechanics Yamato Flash Edition on order from HLJ.

I guess they got them in right before they closed down for Golden Week, but both items are listed as Low Stock already.

I hope they fill my order.

Edited by chowyunskinny

My good friends gave me the remastered Yamato DVD box set for Christmas. The box is gigantic. It comes with a 1/700 scale Yamato model kit! Dunno if I have the guts to work on it. :lol:

The video quality on the DVD is unbelievable. It looks super crisp with deep rich colors. I've never seen the Yamato TV series look so good.

post-1142-1230688409_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

My good friends gave me the remastered Yamato DVD box set for Christmas. The box is gigantic. It comes with a 1/700 scale Yamato model kit! Dunno if I have the guts to work on it. :lol:

The video quality on the DVD is unbelievable. It looks super crisp with deep rich colors. I've never seen the Yamato TV series look so good.

Wow, lucky dog. I imagine it's R2 only?

• 14 years later...