Who was your favourite Macross Frontier character?

taksraven

Favourite Macross Frontier Character.  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Which one did you like best?

• Ranka Lee
    • Sheryl Nome
    • Alto Saotome
    • Michael Blanc
    • Luca Angelloni
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Ozma Lee
    • Canaria Berstein
    • Klan Klan
    • Jeffrey Wilder
    • Bobby Margot
    • Richard Bilrer
    • Cathy Glass
    • Leon Mishima
    • Grace O'Connor
    • Brera Sterne
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Ram Hoa
    • Tehmzin

Alto is no longer the main character, Sheryl and Ranka is :lol:

No, its three main characters (triangle, get it), Alto, Sheryl and Ranka.

If you're not sure just watch both versions of the opening titles over and over again until you get it.

Taksraven

What happened to the vajra? Can't I pick them? :lol:

Seriously, I would have liked it if there had been a proper Vajra "character/s". Remember how we all thought that when the Vajra "corpse" revived in the chamber before Leon destroyed it and we all thought we could see a humanoid shape appear in its head. Its a pity that it was never expanded upon.

Taksraven

Bobby's awesomeness puts him beyond just being a main character.

Bobby was another character who would have really benefitted from more screen time. He was a classic.

Taksraven

Seriously, I would have liked it if there had been a proper Vajra "character/s". Remember how we all thought that when the Vajra "corpse" revived in the chamber before Leon destroyed it and we all thought we could see a humanoid shape appear in its head. Its a pity that it was never expanded upon.

Taksraven

I believe most of us were speculating that it was some sort of dolphin creature.

Taksraven

Correction...A FEW PEOPLE thought they could see a humanoid shape in it. I think most of us didn't buy that. At least, I didn't.

On the other hand, I also thought that the Global ABSOLUTELY HAD to be the SDF-1, so it's not like I ever knew what I was talking about...

BTW the real question is: Who voted for Alto? Dun Dun Dun.......

'Twasn't me. I have an air-tight alibi.

Correction...A FEW PEOPLE thought they could see a humanoid shape in it. I think most of us didn't buy that. At least, I didn't.

Sorry for generalising. Can you forgive me?? :(:(

Taksraven

While another group saw a Dolphin and immediately started singing "So Long and Thanks For All the Fish."

On the other hand, I also thought that the Global ABSOLUTELY HAD to be the SDF-1, so it's not like I ever knew what I was talking about...

I remember that time, it was probably the time where most everyone couldn't wait until the next episode came out just so we could find out exactly WTF the WTF-1 was.

What happened to poor Elmo? First the government confiscates both of his top singing prospects, then they shut him out of this? A sad day for the Kridanik clan!

Seriously though, I have to cast my vote with Sheryl. I kept watching for her to be the shallow manufactured diva initially hinted at, and she showed a sympathetic core and strict professionalism. I watched for jealous cruelty, and I got one incident that I still couldn't condemn. I watched for her to shatter under later hardships, but even if she didn't do it alone she never did. Maybe it's how I watched most for her to be a caricature that led me to find her the most real, I don't know, but she never disappointed.

Klan would have ranked a lot higher for me if her background and personal development hadn't been so overshadowed by the joke of her oscillating state of physical development. There was a lot of cool potential to explore the character of a Zentraedi soldier actually born and raised in human culture, but we only ever got glimpses so it never went far.

I'm shocked that there are so little votes for Klan. :blink:

But still I have to agree, Sheryl Nome is probably the best character in the series. She went through so much change and character growth over the course of these 25 episodes.

That surprised me about Klan as well. I guess its similar to what happened to Nanase, a few REALLY vocal fans of the character may have convinces us that she was more popular than she really was. Or is it that no other character can compete with Sheryl.

Taksraven

Klan would have ranked a lot higher for me if her background and personal development hadn't been so overshadowed by the joke of her oscillating state of physical development. There was a lot of cool potential to explore the character of a Zentraedi soldier actually born and raised in human culture, but we only ever got glimpses so it never went far.

oh I have GOT to agree here... I am still rather perturbed - indeed it is my one greatest criticism - that with all the obvious potential for a long-running, highly popular series, SK chose to keep it to 25 eps. Sheryl is certainly the Queen of Frontier, but I can easily see several other characters following in her path to transcendence (becoming more than just an anime character) if only there were more time. the combination of klan and michel were certainly on that path. I also didnt especially care for loli klan (felt she was literally short-changed).

Too bad Nene is not on the list. I just realized that Nene is Alto first "kill" ^_^

Shes my favorite Zentran on Frontier. Really disappointing that the Pixie squad didn't have more character development. Would have been exciting to see Zentran PoV of life post-SW1.

That surprised me about Klan as well. I guess its similar to what happened to Nanase, a few REALLY vocal fans of the character may have convinces us that she was more popular than she really was. Or is it that no other character can compete with Sheryl.

Taksraven

Hey, don't pin this on me! Sure, I formed an organization, sure we had a few members, but I never tried to convince anyone that it was huge. ^_^

Hell, I just randomly decided early on that she would be my favorite character...it was all pure dumb luck (thought it did give me a certain thrill whenever she'd appear on the show, which she did frequently. And I was really pulling for her at the end. Too bad she didn't wake up until the final credits were almost over... <_< ).

Anyway, I'm glad I picked her instead of, say, Raramia. Although it would've been fun to start making angry posts about how Frontier was good when it started out, but completely sucked after episode 14...and trying to come with reasons WHY it started sucking then, to cover over the fact that my sole real reason would be Raramia's death...

Hey, don't pin this on me! Sure, I formed an organization, sure we had a few members, but I never tried to convince anyone that it was huge. ^_^

Geez, talk about a guilty conscience!!! :p And you never had to convince anybody that she was huuge either. ( * ) ( * ) :lol: :lol:

Not having a go at ya. B))

Taksraven

Geez, talk about a guilty conscience!!! :p And you never had to convince anybody that she was huuge either. ( * ) ( * ) :lol: :lol:

Not having a go at ya. B))

Taksraven

Guilty? ME??? No, no, no...obviously, YOU'RE the one who feels guilty! It's YOU YOU YOU!!!

Geez, will everyobdy STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT????

*ahem*

I mean...yes, she's huge. But clearly, she's nobody's favorite but mine.

Which I guess means that I am now Macrossworld's Official Absolute Nanasist. ^_^