1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 3

VF-18S Hornet

damn i wish i have something new to shoot. :(. great shots!

for ikhii and izzyfcuk, what camera do you guys use? also would like to learn techniques from both of you

D300, i dont' post much, if you look for my posts, i did explain how i shoot the pics

I know It has been awhile with my projects and work but I had to wait until I got this and funny thing is I arrived quick today after Ihad sent payment to HLJ on the last week of December and just now tonight I find an E-mail confirmation from HLJ that the shipped on Sunday

Talk about fast.

100_1378.jpg

100_1379.jpg

100_1383.jpg

100_1384.jpg

100_1385.jpg

100_1388.jpg

100_1390.jpg

D300, i dont' post much, if you look for my posts, i did explain how i shoot the pics

Here's the link izzyfcuk was talking about: Linky.

Admist the minor overkill of photoshop pics, there's some really good nuggets of info--almost a tutorial if you will--about taking shots and doing lighting and mini-studio set-ups.

Best basic/beginner tips I personally learned over the years:

1. Use the macro function, especially for the detailed/close-up pics.
  2. Never, NEVER use flash.
  3. Use a tripod or some kitbashed (but solid) stand to stablize and settle your camera on.
  4. Read your digital camera's manual and learn about some of your camera's advanced/rarely-used features (You'll be surprised by what your camera is capable of!).
  5. After doing Number 4, experiment with numerous shots at different settings, angles, lightings, etc. (Don't worry; if it's crap you can just delete the pic. But you'll never learn what works best, unless you experiment a little.).
P.S.--The above tips were for some of the newer folks here on the board. Your photo-taking skills and pics are already solid, Vegas! ;)

ooooh, D300... I wanted one but my wife and I settled on the D90 instead. She didn't want to have to learn how to use a camera or fiddle with the exposure settings.

What sort of lens are you using? I notice that you're getting a pretty shallow depth of field in some shots so i'm assuming you're not shooting with a kit lens...

ooooh, D300... I wanted one but my wife and I settled on the D90 instead. She didn't want to have to learn how to use a camera or fiddle with the exposure settings.

What sort of lens are you using? I notice that you're getting a pretty shallow depth of field in some shots so i'm assuming you're not shooting with a kit lens...

you guys have very nice cameras. im so envious

you guys have very nice cameras. im so envious

A nice camera helps, but you're still the one pressing the shutter-release. a good lens is also more important than the camera body.

I actually upgraded from the 450D to the 40D a couple of months ago. I have big hands and the 450D was just a little too small for me.

A nice camera helps, but you're still the one pressing the shutter-release. a good lens is also more important than the camera body.

I actually upgraded from the 450D to the 40D a couple of months ago. I have big hands and the 450D was just a little too small for me.

now im even more envious :lol:

now im even more envious :lol:

LOL! I got lucky by selling my 450D for a good price and the 50D was about to be released so the 40D dropped in price. Only cost me about €100 extra and I got the 17-85 mm lens with it which is a nice walkaround lens. Next on my list is a 70-200mm f2.8 IS and then a 10-22mm and I'll be set. Maybe I'll replace the 17-85mm with a 24-105 mm later but that'd be years from now.

Back on topic;

You're pics above prove my point. They look awesome! Great lighting setup with the horizon there.

I love this one especially. Max looking off into the distance wondering how many Zentreadi Millia is killing now.

IMG_3697.jpg

Edited by Dante74

LOL! I got lucky by selling my 450D for a good price and the 50D was about to be released so the 40D dropped in price. Only cost me about €100 extra and I got the 17-85 mm lens with it which is a nice walkaround lens. Next on my list is a 70-200mm f2.8 IS and then a 10-22mm and I'll be set. Maybe I'll replace the 17-85mm with a 24-105 mm later but that'd be years from now.

Back on topic;

You're pics above prove my point. They look awesome! Great lighting setup with the horizon there.

I love this one especially. Max looking off into the distance wondering how many Zentreadi Millia is killing now

thanks dante, i used the 50mm 1.8 lens most in the shoot and results came out nice. i also used the 24-70mm on the closeup shots. im planning to get a 5d or the 5d mk2 in the future, too expensive to buy one right now.

Personally, me likey this one:

Simple, yet effective pose and shot, with everything nicely in focus (including the image on the reflective surface!).

thanks mog! :lol:

pls free also to critizise my shots so i can learn more

thanks dante, i used the 50mm 1.8 lens most in the shoot and results came out nice. i also used the 24-70mm on the closeup shots. im planning to get a 5d or the 5d mk2 in the future, too expensive to buy one right now.

Tell me about it! a 5D mkII body costs €2500 over here. :wacko:

Full frame sensors will probably get a lot cheaper in the near future so the 60D or 70D could end up being a full frame camera which'll be a lot cheaper than a 5D.

Tell me about it! a 5D mkII body costs €2500 over here. wacko.gif

Full frame sensors will probably get a lot cheaper in the near future so the 60D or 70D could end up being a full frame camera which'll be a lot cheaper than a 5D.

so while were waiting for the prices to go down... ill be practicing up my skillz for now :lol:

last set for these valks

IMG_3646.jpgIMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

thanks mog! :lol:

pls free also to critizise my shots so i can learn more

but cropped sensor cameras are so much nicer for macro and zoom work (easier to fill the sensor with image).

At least that's what I keep telling myself. :p

yeah, it's pretty impressive shot. Vegas, you should invest in a nice graduated backdrop

ive been thinking of getting atleast one but somehow i forget or too lazy buying it

but cropped sensor cameras are so much nicer for macro and zoom work (easier to fill the sensor with image).

At least that's what I keep telling myself

thats what i tell myself too :lol: , thanks eugimon

Criticism: you forgot to put that antenna thingy (or whatever it is) under the nose cone of your VF-0S. tongue.gif

Nice shots!

dang it i knew i screwed up on something <_<

his one made me fall in love with the VF-0/Ghost combo all over again

ill amplify your valkaholism to the next level :lol: same goes for all of you

i wish my wife would already buy that damn DLSR that she's been gawking at for the past couple of months!

Great pics as always Vegas!

dude bili ka na! :lol:

Vegas,

You amaze me with the beauty of your shots.

VF-18S Hornet,

Thanks for the Destroid love. I dig the sticker job on the Defender.

EDIT: VF-18S: In your sig..."Macross Minay's songs" <----That's not right. Sorry mate.

Edited by DYRL?

vegas what kind of camera are you using and what lens? i'm saving up on getting a good one hence me not been able to fix my craving for the new macross toys .. ergh.. and how did you get tha background? is it a table or a special kind of set up? lmk.. thanks pare

vegas what kind of camera are you using and what lens? i'm saving up on getting a good one hence me not been able to fix my craving for the new macross toys .. ergh.. and how did you get tha background? is it a table or a special kind of set up? lmk.. thanks pare

i got the entry level canon rebel xsi with the 18-55 mm IS kit lens

1_440437710l.jpg

and then upgraded with the 24-70mm lens

6a0100a7fbf669000e010980ba2fc9000b-.jpg

my current setup? :lol: :lol: :lol:

- white cardboard from any art store

- clothes hanger

- reflective wooden countertop table that i got from a high end retail store (trash)

IMG_0483-1.jpg