1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 3

VF-18S Hornet

And I'd just like to mention that I believe for those of us that have been deprived of Macross in it's purest form for so many years, there is an exception to be able to care for Robotech: the Macross saga, just as much as we're able to care for Macross itsself... As without RT, we would have had no window into the Macross universe at all...

Falcon 1

Welcome to Macross World! I agree with you fully about Robotech. People (Especially Americans and Chileans <_< ) need to stop ripping on RT. Just accept it as a non-Macross cartoon.

I see that you have TV arms on your Skull-1, your Robotech poster, your lack of a TV, Half-GERWALKs, Macross Lineart Book, Robotech Art 1 (Hey! I have that!), some octopus thing I could swear I saw in the Matrix, and a Skull Squadron fetish.

Yep, you know growing up in another country where Robotech was shown during the 80s, and then moving to the States, and seeing it on the Spanish Channels and late Cartoon Network do bring back a lot of memories. For some of us, we were able to discover and appreciate Macross a whole lot more because of Robotech. I was actually bummed-out that Toynami did not release a Ben Dixon bust...so I ended up selling Roy, Rick and Max. Thanks to Robotech, Yamato's earned well over several thousand USD from my account.

Man, I mentioned the word, Robotech, four times on this reply...please no rock throwing.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

And thanks for the compliments on the display... As you can see I've far surpassed the "point of no return" :p . By the way, great pictures to all who have posted their's so far in the forums! It's helped me keep my sanity for many years now. VFTF1 the reason you've noticed a lack of Macross Zero love, is because I'm still looking to complete my Macross Plus section with a YF-19 Fold Booster & FP set, as well as a 1/60 YF-21 and perhaps a VF-11b when it's released to accompany Isamu in the forseen future. If you know of anyone trying to get rid of these at a good price, have them let me know please. ;)

The thing I tried to point out in my collection, (besides the TV hands on Roy's 1/48, :p) has to do with my most recent purchase from Action-HQ, my 1/6 Hikaru flight suit figure... I'm absolutely crazy about it and I got a great deal from them after purchasing both the flightsuit and the "pyjamaboy" coverall figure with combined shipping. Hell they even threw in a whole extra set of hands for flight suit Hikaru! I'll post a close-up picture of him, and I'm surprised nobody has picked up what I'm hinting to as of yet...

DSC05698.jpg

Very funny about the lack of TV guys... The display is located in our computer room an the tube is obviously located in our living room. These "TV stands" are actually very nice for display purposes, and I'll post a pic of another collection display that is in the living room: Enjoy :)

Helmets3.jpg

Now I just need a 1/1 scale Macross flight helmet to go along with it... ^_^

Welcome to Macross World! I agree with you fully about Robotech. People (Especially Americans and Chileans dry.gif ) need to stop ripping on RT. Just accept it as a non-Macross cartoon.

I don't want to go veering to far off topic - so I'll be brief (and nice to Robotech fans):

I appreciate the fact that, given the historical context, the original idea behind Robotech was to share with Americans the beauty of Japanese animation and anime story telling at a time when we didn't have youtube, the internet, hobby shops that make things readily available and forums like this one. Back in the 80s, if you were serious about bringing Japanese anime to America, then I doubt you could have gone another route than the one taken with Robotech and the attempt made. That said - times have changed, the whole truth about the issue is out and there is little doubt that Macross as it was originally and has continued on is better than Robotech and particularly better than its' continuations.

And now back on topic:

THOSE HELMENTS ROCK!!

Unless I'm mistaken, the F-14 Tomcat is the one Shin flew in Macross Zero, no? You should deck out your helment with Edgar's little love heart and the like :)

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Your Hikaru figure has the 1st (blue jumpsuit) head. How'd you pull that off (literally) :)? I can tell as his neck isn't too long like the stock head. Looks awesome. I recently got this figure as well and it looks awesome on display with my Takara Yellow Submarine Minmay doll. I'll post some pics when I get my digi cam back.

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

...And what should I be noticing about Rick... I mean Hikaru (:D)?

Congratulations! SuperDimensionalDave hit the nail right on the head! Nice 1 ;)

I can do a complete detailed write-up about the mod in the relevant 1/6 Popbox thread if you guys want me to... Pics included of course.

Thanks for the compliments on the helmet display. I've been collecting them over a couple of years now and most of them are sourced from South Africa, and are extremely rare. Some of the USAF "bonedomes" I got over eBay, and some were sourced in parts, assembled by me and are awaiting some airbrush artwork. I collect all kinds of militaria including pilot wings, patches, badges, uniforms, flightsuits, plastic model kits, ect. ect. and most of my collection concerns the South African Air Force or the South African Defence Force. Allthough I do have some USAF gear as well. (you don't want me to start posting more pics... trust me :p )

@ Miriya: The stands are "Entertainment Center" stands manufactured by "Get it together", and you can find them easily at... your local Wal-Mart! I paid $19 for a set a few years ago, and after some scrutiny and some experimenting, I figured out you can combine several sets and the configuration opportunities are endless! I'm still needing to go and pick up a few more sets to expand my current display as I have a few more helmets incoming.

Edited by Falcon 1

I can do a complete detailed write-up about the mod in the relevant 1/6 Popbox thread if you guys want me to... Pics included of course.

Please do!! Eager to try it.

After a good week worth of arduous work i have finally finished the VF-25S and I can tell you, if you ever plan to transform the thing don't use decals because some will get damaged after the first transformation and you will shed tears because of it (not really but you will be sort of pissed off). Oh yeah and clear coating doesn't help.

Anyway here are some pics of it on the battlefield seconds after completion and in it's desperately overcrowded natural habitat.

th_DSCF0159.jpgth_DSCF0160.jpgth_DSCF0161.jpgth_DSCF0162.jpgth_DSCF0173.jpgth_DSCF0174.jpgth_DSCF0175.jpgth_DSCF0177.jpgth_DSCF0171.jpgth_DSCF0172.jpg

[Edit]Just noticed that I switched the rear landing gears. Ah well who cares.

Edited by DarkReaper

• 2 weeks later...

You still willing to post this?

You still willing to post this?

Absolutely! My appologies for not posting yet as we've been away on vacation over the holiday season... We just got back to discover my wife's new 1/48 VF-1J Milia arrived from Hong Kong ^_^ . Picked it up for a sweet $140 (shipping included) from Angolz! Thanx so much ntsan for pointing out the sale in the "where to buy" threads!!

And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! ;)

izzyfcuk,

are those the DX or the model kit?

Clearly the DX. The shopping cart landing gear, low engine nacelle placement in fighter mode, out of shape head lasers (on 25S) and small plug holes points all over the place for super pack attachment are dead giveaways.

Edited by IXTL