Bandai Origin of Valkyrie 1/55 News Thread

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Are you still interested in Chunky Monkeys?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. do they still rule?

• Yes, I'm going to collect the new line and toynami's Robotech updated ones
    • I'm going to buy only Bandai's line
    • I'm only getting the Robotech line with the new heads
    • No I'm over it.

I have to say, after being away for 2.5 years and to see the original Takatuko design still being made, just thrills me. Good for Bandai. Such a solid toy.. And I am not even into the toys.

Wow - I'm REALLY happy with what I'm seeing there. Certainly, its a new product only made from repaint & redeco, but to see this toy still going strong after a couple of decades is just a joy for me.

I like the box graphics as well, with the column of dates of past releases. I want that logo set on a T-shirt. B)) "Since 1982 Origin of Valkyrie."

Now THAT's a classic toy if there ever was one - classed right there with the Big Wheel, and the like.

Edited by AcroRay

the 1J hikaru is a must get for me. the reissue doesn't have a heat shield and now they have got it right. damn......

It's a wonderful release, I love mine. I had a lot of fun taking the time to sticker it up. The only thing I don't like is that one of the wings is a little loose. It ratchets fine sweeping back and forth, but in battroid mode, when its swept all the way back, if you lean it towards the side, it moves a few centimeters or so. No big deal though.

The heat shield makes more difference than I thought, I'm glad this version has it.

Here are some pics of Hikaru's Super 1A that I grabbed off of ebay.

I dig it! I'm gonna have to restart my chunky collection. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

EDIT----> In order to spend and get everything I want I need to become a stripper as my part time job. Anyone think I can do it?!?

Edited by misterryno

I dig it! I'm gonna have to restart my chunky collection. :rolleyes:

EDIT----> In order to spend and get everything I want I need to become a stripper as my part time job. Anyone think I can do it?!?

Ninja Stripper! FTW!!!!

Ninja Stripper! FTW!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: I guess I wouldn't make that much money though because they would never see me before I killed them.

Why would I kill them you say....cause that's just what Ninja do.

Did any of the 2001 reissues have heat shields? I'm under the impression none of them did but all of these "origin" valkyries will?

All the 2001 reissues came with heatshields except for the 1J Hikaru.

A styrofoam over the clear plastic tray would have been a nice touch. And where is my Minmay statue and the missle clusters!?

Styrofoam would be nice...but it's soooooo 1980's.

And the reason that there is no Minmay or clusters is cause that's the 1A not the 1S Strike. SOON THAT WILL BE OUT......YAAYYYYYYYYY!!!! I don't have to try to keep building mine up....if you perhaps......gave me one of yours that would be nice.

Why is 2007 on the box? Did we get anything 2007? Too bad it wasn't 2004.

:lol: Didn't even see that till now. :lol:

I don't think we did get anything in 2007 at all.....maybe that's when they had this notion off a reissue and they thought they should put in on the box. :mellow:

Styrofoam would be nice...but it's soooooo 1980's.

And the reason that there is no Minmay or clusters is cause that's the 1A not the 1S Strike. SOON THAT WILL BE OUT......YAAYYYYYYYYY!!!! I don't have to try to keep building mine up....if you perhaps......gave me one of yours that would be nice.

From yer lips to God's ears! I really do hope the current "origin" line up does well so that we can be assured of a HIKARU 1S STRIKE re-issue :D !

From yer lips to God's ears! I really do hope the current "origin" line up does well so that we can be assured of a HIKARU 1S STRIKE re-issue :D !

And of course the VE-1 and VT-1. And the 1D. But hey....I'm gettin a little nuts here.

OO

Can Abbott and Costello take it to PMs with your Plastic Trays vs. Styro...

Why bother?

Anyways I hope we see the Strike before the end of the year. Bandai showed off a vintage one at a show earlier this year, and the only reason I think they would do that is to show things to come. If they bring back the Strike they will come. By they I mean the fans that have waited for one since the 80's, and either had one but something happened to it, or never had one. I am in the latter category.

Anyways I hope we see the Strike before the end of the year. Bandai showed off a vintage one at a show earlier this year, and the only reason I think they would do that is to show things to come. If they bring back the Strike they will come. By they I mean the fans that have waited for one since the 80's, and either had one but something happened to it, or never had one. I am in the latter category.

TOTALLY WITH YOU THERE BROTHER!!! Alot of us that have not been able to afford one or get a good deal on a nice one have built ours from bits and pieces. I would like to have a brand new beauty in a box and pay like 100 bucks or less for it.

Not crazy about the color of the FPs but nice to see they got the skulls on them instead of the kite.

That is a HUGE plus with me. But I also dig the color more so than that of the 2001 reissue.